Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

RB Eddie Lacy visits (UPDATE: Signed 1 year deal w/ Hawks)

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • LolaRox wrote:Does this look like 267?? It doesn't to me.

https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/842213464642748416

He doesn't look much off 240 now. He will be fine 5 months from now. Green Bay never used him correctly anyway he's a big boy and you need to give it to a few times like they did with Lynch to make it pay off.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Last edited by Uncle Si on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Personal jab
    nash72
    NET Veteran

• See, your getting us in trouble. Settle down. Image
    nash72
    NET Veteran

• Pandion Haliaetus wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote:I just saw a pic if Lacy signing his contract, the dude carries 267 well. If he loses 20 lbs, he will be in good shape.

That's because that reported 267 was ludicrous. And anyone who wants to believe a Wisconsin based journalist who had to phrase that "one of three of the teams" had Lacy at 267. Is just hearsay and click bait.

It could have been true like 2-3 months ago or the weight Lacy was at when he did his end of season physical mid-January, when Lacy was in the thick of his ankle rehab. 99% sure that unnamed team is most likely the Packers.

But photos and videos from 3-5 weeks ago on Lacy' s IG, and the ones coming out now shows a guy who is definately out of shape but looks closer to 250 than he does 270.

I just don't know how anyone can see that 267 number and just take it as immediate fact. Every report about it only sites McGinn' s tweet. Let's just believe what one guy says without waiting for any other source to vet the claim. It's the media world we live in now.

He looks even smaller in the video. Definitely close to 240s already. He will be muscular at the start of the year. This is the team of trainers that transformed Collins body type last year.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• MrThortan wrote:I am already tired hearing about his weight. The off season just got longer :roll:

I agree. The weight for the start of the season is going to be excruciating.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Guy doesn't look like he's even topping 250 in the picture/video, should be in good condition by the up coming season.

:2thumbs:
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

• Foghawk wrote:Guy doesn't look like he's even topping 250 in the picture/video, should be in good condition by the up coming season.

Its a baggy shirt though....
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Just FYI in college at Alabama he was at about 231 and hes 5'11.

I had to go back and look at draft stuff about him because I thought he was the clear consensus #1 RB in the draft but remembered he fell a bit because of Injury concerns. I think we probably would of drafted him had the Packers not taken him right before us.

If he can be healthy and in shape this is a STEAL although unfor if he does well we have to sign him to another contract or just lose him. I dont think the packers utilized him to his full potential and it will be interesting to see how well he does here. He was the offensive rookie of the year and had over 2300 rushing yards his first 2 years and ALSO...77 catches almost 700 yards.

Even the last two years combined he has 1100 or so yards rushing 200ish yards receiving with only 250 rushes or so.....

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

• The contract has weight incentives on a weekly basis, is a one year deal and he will be 27 next year in UFA.

Do you really think he's not going to be motivated? When healthy and fit, he's a top notch runner...I think PFF had him in the top 15 vicinity in terms of overall production. To get him for around 5MM a year is a nice contract.

Don't worry about the weight; it won't be an issue.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Foghawk wrote:Guy doesn't look like he's even topping 250 in the picture/video, should be in good condition by the up coming season.

True, still not seeing 250 but could be wrong. His head looks like it could top out at 20 alone so............
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

• Foghawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Foghawk wrote:Guy doesn't look like he's even topping 250 in the picture/video, should be in good condition by the up coming season.

True, still not seeing 250 but could be wrong. His head looks like it could top out at 20 alone so............

I should've hit the sarcasm on button, or a smiley.

Lacy looks in pretty good shape
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• The more I think of this signing the more I like it. I like it as much as Eddie Lacy likes deep fried dim sum.
    The Moment: Image
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

• No way he's 267 in that pic. Dude looks pretty good to me. Pleasantly surprised by this. :0190l:
    harryjohnson
    NET Rookie

• He looks thinner than Russell did last off season
    dadof3
    NET Rookie

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• dadof3 wrote:He looks thinner than Russell did last off season

hate to say it but true...think Russ looks even fatter this offseason from that pic in another thread...baby weight.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:
    dadof3 wrote:He looks thinner than Russell did last off season

hate to say it but true...think Russ looks even fatter this offseason from that pic in another thread...baby weight.

How is Russ carrying baby weight? I thought it was Ciara who's pregnant. Maybe Russ isn't human after all.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:

How is Russ carrying baby weight? I thought it was Ciara who's pregnant. Maybe Russ isn't human after all.

It's weird but that sympathy pain and weight gain etc can happen when your very close to the person.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:

It's weird but that sympathy pain and weight gain etc can happen when your very close to the person.

I didn't see any sympathy weight when Baldwin gave birth in SB49??
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• I'd guess he is hovering around 250 right now based on that picture. Hey, if Seymour can be a professional when it comes to what addictions people have even though he's never met them, I can make that claim. That is not a 267 pound man, and I personally believe that GB was the team that leaked the 267 number to throw a little parting shade at their departing running back. Maybe I'm wrong. But was that validated by a second source? Or was it based on one tweet?

Dude is approaching 27 and is playing THIS season for the one deal that will set him up for life. I have a feeling that Eddie Lacy is PLENTY motivated. Being publicly shamed by his head coach and playing in a region of the country that he probably doesn't like all that much didn't help matters. Hopefully he has matured, and can put all that behind him now. Coming to Seattle on a prove it deal is a massive opportunity for him.

I think he knows Seattle, even on a one year deal, is a perfect opportunity for him. He seems genuinely excited to be here.
    Rob12
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:

Hey I put on weight and started getting morning sickness before my wife did with our first baby.
    Life is hard; It's harder when you're stupid. -- John Wayne
    c_hawkbob
    NET Starter

• It's funny, a bunch of fat asses on the internet and fat ass talk show host, calling a professional athlete fat.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• CPHawk wrote:
    It's funny, a bunch of you fat asses on the internet and fat ass talk show host, calling a professional athlete fat.

I'm the right kind of fat, and so is Eddie Lacy. I wish I had his height and other elite genetic qualities. I'd be squatting over 600. And eating "China food".
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• He carries 260 better than I do, though I have about 15 years on him. Going to gym tomorrow!
    crosfam
    NET Starter

• pmedic920 wrote:Image

I thought they retired Tharold Simon's number
    dadof3
    NET Rookie

• crosfam wrote:He carries 260 better than I do, though I have about 15 years on him. Going to gym tomorrow!

He carries 160 better then I do and I have 24 years on him and he's maybe 250 currently? He'll be just fine because Pete wants him to play 20-25 pounds heavier then Green Bay. He's a bad man and a naturally big boy he can be 240-245 and stay there easily in season. Especially on a team that expects the run to the focal point unlike Green Bay.

He's not Marshawn but if he has the desire he has the ability to be at his level just in slightly different ways.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Few question Lacy's value as a back. Weight was the biggest red flag by far.
    Given that context, if he drops to 240 or whatever in free agency that would be a huge plus at the negotiating table.
    But oh he will be motivated after signing because of career impact.
    I def think it might work out but dismissing weight concerns on the basis of career motivation flies in the face of actual events in Green Bay and in FA.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran

If he can play a bit like any of these guys given his size we should be very happy, 70 percent of what these guys brought would be a success.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Image

If he can play a bit like any of these guys given his size we should be very happy, 70 percent of what these guys brought would be a success.

You left out John Riggins and his awesome Mohawk before punk was a thing.;)

Also I'd say 50% of what those guys brought would be a success. 70% would mean we would make 2013 an afterthought. And erase 2014. This team is more talented then the 2013 team because of experience they just have to be healthy unlike last year.
    Last edited by Josea16 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Larry Csonka feels left out....Plenty of heavyset guys had great NFL careers.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:Image

Riggs and Csonka were Fullbacks :)

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Uncle Si wrote:

Black is also slimming
    Subzero717
    NET Pro Bowler

• chris98251 wrote:

Hmmmm

Full Back!
    No way would PC line EL up as a full back, right?
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• chris98251 wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Image

But they were still the primary ball carriers in their offensive schemes. They were still their team's workhorse backs.
    Life is hard; It's harder when you're stupid. -- John Wayne
    c_hawkbob
    NET Starter

• I'll be getting that #27 jersey.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• ImTheScientist wrote:I'll be getting that #27 jersey.

Too risky. One year deal...

The last two jerseys I bought of actual players were Wilson and Lynch. Next one will be Bobby, Kam, or Earl. Shelled out $100 for a John Carlson jersey and he was gone the next year. Only trust guaranteed Ring of Honor type players now.
    Rob12
    NET Veteran

• Rob I hope all is well! I wasn't real excited about Lacy but as time goes by I like it more and more and I have a feeling he has a resurgence and is a big contributor this year.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Cool :2thumbs:
    Heyseed
    NET Starter

• Lacy's job is to pound the defense into submission and Rawls and Prosise to break long runs or just enough to seal games. As long as Lacy is doing his job then i will be happy.
    bighawk
    NET Veteran

• I might be in the minority, but I'm pretty stoked about having Lacy carrying the rock.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• austinslater25 wrote:Rob I hope all is well! I wasn't real excited about Lacy but as time goes by I like it more and more and I have a feeling he has a resurgence and is a big contributor this year.

I hate it more and more each day, so I'm happy others are balancing it out. :lol:
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• SoulfishHawk wrote:I might be in the minority, but I'm pretty stoked about having Lacy carrying the rock.

You and me both.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• So every time I'm hearing Pete talk about the addition of Lacy and the RB's he always brings up Lacy, Rawls, and Prosise. Pretty consistently just those 3. Will Alex Collins make this team or is his ride over already?
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• DJrmb wrote:So every time I'm hearing Pete talk about the addition of Lacy and the RB's he always brings up Lacy, Rawls, and Prosise. Pretty consistently just those 3. Will Alex Collins make this team or is his ride over already?

Tough call isn't it. Collins is fine but he doesn't do anything really well. Average at best in all areas. That said if they truly are committed to running the ball this year it might make sense to carry 4 rb's, especially with Rawls and Prosise injury history. I really do think Prosise is going to be a major contributor as a receiver if he can stay healthy. I think you will see a lot of him motioning out as a receiver, maybe even in two back sets with Lacy.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• DJrmb wrote:So every time I'm hearing Pete talk about the addition of Lacy and the RB's he always brings up Lacy, Rawls, and Prosise. Pretty consistently just those 3. Will Alex Collins make this team or is his ride over already?

Lacy makes Collins pretty redundant. I can see him maybe landing on the practice squad though.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information