Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Pretty clear that the plan is to fix the running game

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • OL - Joeckel on board plus they are interested in Lang.
    RB - Interest in Lacy, Murray, and Charles.
    GO HAWKS!
    JTB
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, I think we can safely say that is Priority #1 this offseason.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• Doing what they should and actually being kind of aggressive . i like it.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• The main problem I have with "the plan" is they fired the wrong coach.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• With the RBs they could be fishing for a cheap, prove it type deal, that way they can just feast on the defensive side of the ball in the draft, and not worry about plugging the depth on offense with thier top choices.
    WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• Pandion Haliaetus wrote:With the RBs they could be fishing for a cheap, prove it type deal, that way they can just feast on the defensive side of the ball in the draft, and not worry about plugging the depth on offense with thier top choices.

Largely agree. This is the year they need to kill it in reinforcing the defense for LOB Version 2.0.
    GO HAWKS!
    JTB
    NET Veteran

• Wonder if we're maybe going to target DJ Fluker if he lasts past the initial surge in signings.

He's not good at pass pro. But the guy is just a mammoth as a power blocker. If we opt for a mauling RT, we could do a lot worse than him.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I honestly don't care about any of these RB's visiting, mainly because the draft is loaded with RB's.

I don't want a stable of oft injured RB's who will play depending on which of them is hurt the least............I want us to draft a young stud that's going to be our primary back for the next 5 years.

So I fully expect us to draft a RB with our 2nd or 3rd round pick. Should still be plenty of good one's available.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• RussB wrote:Doing what they should and actually being kind of aggressive . i like it.

So you feel better now? Because a few hours ago you were proclaiming that Pete wasn't going to do anything to address the o line, they were going to ignore our main issue, and that our offense was going to be just as bad as last year.

In the future, maybe wait until the free agency period is a couple hours old before throwing a tantrum and proclaiming what our team is or isn't going to be 6 months from now.

Just a suggestion. Glad to see you're feeling better about how things are going. :irishdrinkers:
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• What's clear is they are worried about Rawls and Prosise staying healthy, and are not super excited about the prospect of Collins as a full-time feature back.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

• obvious Rawls and Procise are not the answer for john and pete.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• I see the interest in adding competition/talent to the RB group is to hedge against the injury factor and to have them raise their games as opposed to being handed the #1 role. Rawls has missed significant time in both years and Procise played in 4 games or so..

Whether it's with a veteran FA or in the draft, they are going to add to the mix here.
    GO HAWKS!
    JTB
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:obvious Rawls and Procise are not the answer for john and pete.

I don't think it says anything about their abilitys, other than the ability to stay on the field. Procise is a game changer when healthy, see the Patriots game.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Chapow wrote:
    RussB wrote:Doing what they should and actually being kind of aggressive . i like it.

So you feel better now? Because a few hours ago you were proclaiming that Pete wasn't going to do anything to address the o line, they were going to ignore our main issue, and that our offense was going to be just as bad as last year.

In the future, maybe wait until the free agency period is a couple hours old before throwing a tantrum and proclaiming what our team is or isn't going to be 6 months from now.

Just a suggestion. Glad to see you're feeling better about how things are going. :irishdrinkers:

Yeah i was just pissed they didnt sign whitworth earlier lol.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

I don't think that's true at all. Prosise is a nightmare for DCs when healthy, and Rawls just topped Beast Mode's postseason single-game record last year. I think they're just looking for a veteran band-aid in case they get hurt again. If anything, this says that Collins is not the answer.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• JTB wrote:OL - Joeckel on board plus they are interested in Lang.
    RB - Interest in Lacy, Murray, and Charles.

In terms of "bang for the buck", these cast offs aren't going to fix much of anything.
    "It's about us getting ready to play. It's not about the other team. We'll beat ourselves before they beat us. That's always our approach."

Pete Carroll
    Mick063
    NET Veteran

• I would hope we'd give Khiry Robinson a look after his recent release
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

How can they be?

Potential and promise doesn't mean anything in the NFL, production and health does. Neither of these RB's have stayed healthy and proven that they can be depended upon.

Thus....................wall to wall RB visits.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Allegedly inside the building they think Prosise can be an absolute star. He's definitely part of the plan but Pete puts so much emphasis on the running game that he has to hedge his bets. Prosise and Rawls haven't stayed healthy. I would rather see them use the draft but then again I can't see there master plan so maybe grabbing a veteran makes more sense.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

• WindCityHawk wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:obvious Rawls and Procise are not the answer for john and pete.

I don't think that's true at all. Prosise is a nightmare for DCs when healthy, and Rawls just topped Beast Mode's postseason single-game record last year. I think they're just looking for a veteran band-aid in case they get hurt again. If anything, this says that Collins is not the answer.

"When Healthy" is your qualifier; Half a season of "topping Beast Mode's postseason single game record" does not replace the identity that Marshawn Lynch brought to the Seahawks Offense.
    I love Rawls and Prosise but theyhave yet to show that they can STAY healthy enough to CHANGE all that a proved to stay healthy Beast-Mode brought to the RB stable for SEVERAL seasons.
    I don't see ANY of these RB FA's that can re-establish that kind of dominance.
    It might very well come down to RB by committee to get us back to where Marshawn Lynch was able to get the Seahawks Run Attack practically all by his lonesome.
    I think we need to get, while the getting's good, a young & fresh ground pounding RB EARLY in this years Draft; a RB that Defenses are forced to gang tackle to bring to a stop.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• as long as they fix the oline and that includes pass blocking I am fine.
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

• The adding of players only part of the equation. If we pass the ball 60% of the time like last year then we can expect another exit in the playoffs.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• After blowing out his knee in October of last year. Do any of us know if Jokel will even be ready to go by the preseaon?
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• sdog1981 wrote:After blowing out his knee in October of last year. Do any of us know if Jokel will even be ready to go by the preseaon?

Exactly the top reason I've been down on hearing the $7M guarantee.

Last report I heard was questionable to start the year. No practice with new team and new scheme, and hop off the crutches and go play a real game for a guy that was a below average player to begin with?? Sad attempt to improve IMO, hope I'm wrong though.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• If you you guys had more faith in the team medical and conditioning staffs, you wouldn't have to put yourself through so much worry and such.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:If you you guys had more faith in the team medical and conditioning staffs, you wouldn't have to put yourself through so much worry and such.

They were employed here during the Percy Harvin debacle, sooo...just sayin'.

Maybe he too will be ready to play when his old team comes to town. 8)
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• So without faith or trust in an organization, your left with a confidence crisis.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:So without faith or trust in an organization, your left with a confidence crisis.

Your right! :mrgreen:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:After blowing out his knee in October of last year. Do any of us know if Jokel will even be ready to go by the preseaon?

Exactly the top reason I've been down on hearing the $7M guarantee.

Last report I heard was questionable to start the year. No practice with new team and new scheme, and hop off the crutches and go play a real game for a guy that was a below average player to begin with?? Sad attempt to improve IMO, hope I'm wrong though.

They did what they could given the OL market went into the stratosphere quickly. And tried to get an elite guard with a good offer that was matched by a team in the geographic region he wanted to be in if the money was in ballpark of our offer. The talent is there with Joekel let's just see if Cable is as great as Pete insists because if OL doesn't dramatically improve both are likely to be gone after 2017. He figured out how to use Britt so he may just shock us again.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• I like the idea of only doing one year deals. I'm thinking they are trying to get Lacy or Murray to take one, and will default to AD or Charles if they won't.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• If the Hawks are looking for a 1 year deal then the best best is going to be Lacy or AP. Lacy may not have a lot of suitors at this juncture and AP is looking at the end at some point.

Murray is really likely looking for his first big contract, which I don't think is warranted.

Really not sure how I feel about any of them, honestly. Best possible scenario for me for a one year contract is that Lynch kept in shape and is as healthy as he's been in quite a few years. I'd honestly rather have him over AP at any point in their careers. I know that's not going to happen so I'd really rather look at the draft. Maybe augment the defense with that money instead.

Not interested in Charles. I'd like to see a consistent grinder that churns out 1st downs and gives you 3rd and short left and right.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Jville wrote:So without faith or trust in an organization, your left with a confidence crisis.

Your right! :mrgreen:

You're both wrong. ;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• vin.couve12 wrote:If the Hawks are looking for a 1 year deal then the best best is going to be Lacy or AP. Lacy may not have a lot of suitors at this juncture and AP is looking at the end at some point.

Murray is really likely looking for his first big contract, which I don't think is warranted.

Really not sure how I feel about any of them, honestly. Best possible scenario for me for a one year contract is that Lynch kept in shape and is as healthy as he's been in quite a few years. I'd honestly rather have him over AP at any point in their careers. I know that's not going to happen so I'd really rather look at the draft. Maybe augment the defense with that money instead.

Not interested in Charles. I'd like to see a consistent grinder that churns out 1st downs and gives you 3rd and short left and right.

For the record, Vin, your idea about Marshawn getting serious about a return after a fun year off is the best thing I've seen since free agency began. I'd love to see him come back for at least one more year because he missed it!
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• Siouxhawk wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:If the Hawks are looking for a 1 year deal then the best best is going to be Lacy or AP. Lacy may not have a lot of suitors at this juncture and AP is looking at the end at some point.

For the record, Vin, your idea about Marshawn getting serious about a return after a fun year off is the best thing I've seen since free agency began. I'd love to see him come back for at least one more year because he missed it!

It will never happen. For some reason even though he has weight issues I kind of hope they sign Lacy. He's a big boy and a grinder and can take 15-20 carries a game when on top of his game. And our OL may be crap right now but they can run block. Not convinced a splash back like AP or JC would work for us.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Running game is more important than ever in today's game.

We saw that in the Superbowl. Last three superbowl losers, including us, all came down to not being able to run or commit to running the ball at key moments. Say what you will about throwing a pass, but Marshawn got stuffed 4x on 3rd and 4th and short in that Superbowl, I mean, completely STUFFED.

I 100% believe that had we called the run in that situation, it would have been sniffed out and stuffed by the Patriots, just as it had earlier in the game. There is no evidence to say otherwise. Our line was getting manhandled that game. We could not run the ball, which led to our defense getting gassed late in the game.

Seahawks, Panthers, Falcons. All three teams should have won rings. They had the better overall rosters, but when push came to shove -- they couldn't plow for first downs. They couldn't convert 3rd and short, they couldn't get 4 yards on a run, which led to the pass rushers being able to pin their ears back on tee off on the QB's in the second half.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• Tical21 wrote:I like the idea of only doing one year deals. I'm thinking they are trying to get Lacy or Murray to take one, and will default to AD or Charles if they won't.

Do you really want Lacy or Murray as your feature back for one year?

Neither of these guys gets me excited for some sort of running game resurgence, especially with how bad our line is.

At least with AP or Charles the upside is exciting to think about, even if the likelihood of AP or Charles regaining their form without getting injured again is slim to none.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sign Lacy if he is healthy.
    He and Russ can diet together.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• In my opinon they want AP, because he is a freak of nature, JC secondly and EL,and or Murray last but no least. If they can get AP of old then they would strike gold. JC averages over 5.5 yards per carry as well can catch passes out of the backfield as well screen or draws. If healthy Charles is the way to go and hopefully Prosise can show he can stay healthy for a full season. We still can draft a back in the draft.
    bighawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:46 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information