Worried about FA

zchurch74

Reaction score
There already have been some big moves by some big names. I hope JS and PC don't just sit back and relax and think everything is OK at the home front. We have some needs and there are players out there that would fit right in.

There are already some names I wish we would of at least taken a sniff at...and maybe we did. Sometimes I think JS and PC think they are too good to pick up Free Agents as they feel they are better picking up players NO ONE wants and making them into players (Basketball Players).

King Dog

Reaction score
No need to worry. We wait for the value plays in the 2nd and 3rd waves like Webb and Sowell to sign on the cheap, making the rest of the league look incompetent.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
King Dog":nfqlsfmn said:
No need to worry. We wait for the value plays in the 2nd and 3rd waves like Webb and Sowell to sign on the cheap, making the rest of the league look incompetent.
What about Avril and Bennett?

iigakusei

Reaction score
Please tell me which current FA's that have been signed you would have liked - at the salary they signed at.

Largent80

Reaction score
zchurch74":3n5xg92r said:
There already have been some big moves by some big names. I hope JS and PC don't just sit back and relax and think everything is OK at the home front. We have some needs and there are players out there that would fit right in.

There are already some names I wish we would of at least taken a sniff at...and maybe we did. Sometimes I think JS and PC think they are too good to pick up Free Agents as they feel they are better picking up players NO ONE wants and making them into players (Basketball Players).

Have you not watched them in FA for 7 years now?

You need to relax.

King Dog

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2z8wo5p5 said:
King Dog":2z8wo5p5 said:

Sorry. I just started following the Hawks last season.

sam1313

Reaction score
King Dog":1bg643z2 said:
UK_Seahawk":1bg643z2 said:
King Dog":1bg643z2 said:

Sorry. I just started following the Hawks last season.

LOL! :irishdrinkers:

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm fine with what they're doing, I wouldn't mind Jamaal Charles but even if we don't get him I'm fine with that too. They'll fill some small roles and then be able to draft best player available. Looking more and more like corner in the 1st.

endzorn

Reaction score
Virtually every major signing has elicited a collective WTH from the media and fans. If you rely on free agency to build a team you're doing it wrong.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
endzorn":3horisda said:
Virtually every major signing has elicited a collective WTH from the media and fans. If you rely on free agency to build a team you're doing it wrong.

And this has been proven over and over again.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Relax. JS/PC know what they're doing. The only front office I trust more than ours would be New England

Basis4day

Reaction score
zchurch74":1wznnm6a said:

There are already some names I wish we would of at least taken a sniff at
...and maybe we did. Sometimes I think JS and PC think they are too good to pick up Free Agents as they feel they are better picking up players NO ONE wants and making them into players (Basketball Players).

To further discussion, who are you talking about?

RW92

Reaction score
I look at the Patriots signing Cooks and the Bucs singing Campbell. We need more speed at the wide out position, and we better improve the pass rush which suffered last year. You also need to sign at least one cornerback with speed to complement Sherman. It's a pass happy league, especially with the rules in place. If you can not throw down the field and prevent the opposing team from advancing with a solid rush, you won't win any championships period.

King Dog

Reaction score
We have a lot of speed at WR if Lockett comes back healthy along with Richardson. Barwin would be an awesome pickup on the DL for pass rush. There's a ton of freak secondary players available in the draft. I hope we grab a few.

Campbell went to the Jags. The Bucs got DeSean Jackson

chris98251

Reaction score
RW92":1f7wpzvo said:
I look at the Patriots signing Cooks and the Bucs singing Campbell. We need more speed at the wide out position, and we better improve the pass rush which suffered last year. You also need to sign at least one cornerback with speed to complement Sherman. It's a pass happy league, especially with the rules in place. If you can not throw down the field and prevent the opposing team from advancing with a solid rush, you won't win any championships period.

Speed won't do anything if your QB is on his ass because it takes more then 2 seconds to let the speed guys get to the second level and use that speed.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
RW92":3b0pzkie said:

Baldwin, Lockett, and Richardson may be the speediest WR trio in the NFL. Speed is not what they need at WR, size is. I would have liked to see them kick the tires on Brandon Marshall.

FA CB have not worked well for the seahawks. They need to go through the draft for secondary players.

RW92

Reaction score
Sorry about the mix up with Campbell going to Jags.

But with that aside, I still feel that our wide receivers are for the most part number 2 wide outs and do not measure up
to the likes of a D. Jackson, a Garcon, a Cooks or even an Antonio Brown.

Paul Richardson yes did improve as the season went on, but his separating speed doesn't equate with those of the receivers I just mentioned. And I do hope that Lockette fully recovers to his rookie season performance.

And if you had a chance to see any highlights of the kid John Ross from Washington that is the type of receiver who can stretch the field the way you envision. Once again I'm not saying we will ever get him , we can't, because of our draft position, but that's what you're looking for.

Second, again I'm looking just at the "measurebles", if we could add two players to our defense my wish list would be Myles Garrett from Texas A&M, and Reuben Foster from Alabama. Garrett is going to be a heck of pass rusher as he develops, and Foster despite his mishap at the combine is a flat out baller. No he isn't your choir boy, but with the right guidance that kid will leave his mark on a game. Again this isn't reality, but points to the type and style of athleticism we are looking for.

Because with the Patriots reinforcing their arsenal, I look at them as our real nemesis to another Suprbowl. We have to be able to defend their now improved speed at wide out and the additions they have made defensively to match them competitively. Again this is my perception that I'm sure many may not agree with.

Lastly, you have to look at your weaknesses objectively and address them from the highest priority down. And don't be afraid to tell someone that it's time to move on. Additionally don't try and sign the least expensive free agents and put a team out there that falls short of expectations.

Josea16

Reaction score
iigakusei":2w1bx8l8 said:
Please tell me which current FA's that have been signed you would have liked - at the salary they signed at.
Bingo. We're doing exactly what we do and will be fine. If healthy we will be the favorites in the Superbowl no matter what New England tries.

OP
OP
zchurch74

zchurch74

Reaction score
See all of the other posts about FA's. Its starting off with a linemen who can't stay on the field. We are bringing in a RB that is also injury and fumble prone.

If we can get Lang that's a positive.

sutz

Reaction score
If buying big in FA could guarantee championships, Snyder would have had Washington in the SB five times in the last 10 years.

;)