JG $2 million Roster Bonus

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Wasn't this due yesterday? Haven't seen online anywhere about it. I guess the Lang visit must have overshadowed it?

I haven't seen otherwise so I guess this means he will be back 100%, not that I was expecting anything else but it seems like this cements it now. Excited to see him grow a rapport w/ RW.

sutz

Reaction score
Seems like we would have heard if we didn't pay it, and thus let him go.

:229031_shrug:

Basis4day

Reaction score
scrummymustard":vp65mafu said:
Wasn't this due yesterday? Haven't seen online anywhere about it. I guess the Lang visit must have overshadowed it?

I haven't seen otherwise so I guess this means he will be back 100%, not that I was expecting anything else but it seems like this cements it now. Excited to see him grow a rapport w/ RW.

Spotrac indicates he was due a roster bonus on 3/11 as you indicated. This isn't really something that would get reported or overshadowed if he received it. Its simply in his contract.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Damn observant take on scrummymustard's part though!!

RussB

Reaction score
Some of you may disagree but i think they should trade graham for a lineman. They obviously dont target the TE much and i think vannett should be a solid recieving option next season. The receiving core is stacked anyway and i feel graham is one hell of a player but he just doesnt seem to fit in seattle.

Josea16

Reaction score
RussB":nk5q0p7e said:
Some of you may disagree but i think they should trade graham for a lineman. They obviously dont target the TE much and i think vannett should be a solid recieving option next season. The receiving core is stacked anyway and i feel graham is one hell of a player but he just doesnt seem to fit in seattle.
How do you arrive at this conclusion? Vannett hasn't played a down in the NFL. And you have Lockett coming off major injury and Richardson still having to prove he can perform for a full season. Stacked wouldn't be a term I'd use in relation to that position group.

RussB

Reaction score
Josea16":2burbezy said:
RussB":2burbezy said:
How do you arrive at this conclusion? Vannett hasn't played a down in the NFL. And you have Lockett coming off major injury and Richardson still having to prove he can perform for a full season. Stacked wouldn't be a term I'd use in relation to that position group.
Graham isnt any gaurantee to stay healthy either. Might as well trade him for a good pro bowl lineman while they can and if some recievers like lockett and richarson arent healthy atleast they can have a decent line to fall back on and a running game with time to throw. Imagine if graham goes down again with that line it would be horrifying for the offense lol. They seriously need to consider trading him to help get some run blocking and pass protection. Id rather have a team with a good line than a pro bowl TE and a crap line.

Besides they dont even utilize graham anyway.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
RussB":2d2gujvh said:

Who wants to take on his salary and give up a good linemen? Nobody.

As far as targeting, he set a franchise record for receptions by a TE last season and was close to a 1000 yard season. Not sure why people expect 100 catches and 1500 yards.

He is bracket covered. The question is, why can't other people do damage? The answer is, by the time Wilson can blink he is running for his life.

Fix the line, everything will get better.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Josea16":2a57rlif said:
RussB":2a57rlif said:
How do you arrive at this conclusion? Vannett hasn't played a down in the NFL.

Wonder how he's listed as starting two games and catching 3 receptions, then. ;)

But your point stands. There's little point improving Wilson's protection if he's got fewer good targets. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

RussB

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":nzvodgnr said:
RussB":nzvodgnr said:

As far as targeting, he set a franchise record for receptions by a TE last season and was close to a 1000 yard season. Not sure why people expect 100 catches and 1500 yards.

He is bracket covered. The question is, why can't other people do damage? The answer is, by the time Wilson can blink he is running for his life.

I dont think they can do both. Someone has to go in a trade and graham is the best option. It would be awesome to have graham an a good line but i dont think it will happen. At this stage its gonna be one or the other.

Maybe some team with a good lineman and alot of cap space would agree to a trade but i doubt seahawks will do anything, i was just giving my opinion.

Josea16

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1dosi4vv said:
Josea16":1dosi4vv said:
RussB":1dosi4vv said:
How do you arrive at this conclusion? Vannett hasn't played a down in the NFL.

Wonder how he's listed as starting two games and catching 3 receptions, then. ;)

But your point stands. There's little point improving Wilson's protection if he's got fewer good targets. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.
He actually played? I missed it. Maybe there's hope he does something then. Unlike Graham who did, does and will?

How about this? FIX THE OL. TE's aren't primary blockers in the modern NFL unless you're Gronkowski. And even then he isn't there to block regularly to help a bad OL do what it is paid to do.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Let's just stifle this idle talk of parting ways with Jimmy please. He's going to help us to
another Super Bowl win.

OP
OP
S

scrummymustard

Reaction score
RussB":1x991p8k said:
FlyingGreg":1x991p8k said:
RussB":1x991p8k said:

I dont think they can do both. Someone has to go in a trade and graham is the best option. It would be awesome to have graham an a good line but i dont think it will happen. At this stage its gonna be one or the other.

Maybe some team with a good lineman and alot of cap space would agree to a trade but i doubt seahawks will do anything, i was just giving my opinion.

Why would we trade him now? We just gave him $2 million. If we trade him he keeps that money and we don't get any $ back.

Looking at some of the TE contracts this off season, marginal talent have been getting $5/$6 million a year (Sims, Doyle, Davis). Gresham received $7 mil a year and PFF graded him the 59/63 TE in the league in '16.

10 mil is frankly a steal for him at this point. Let's hope we extend him so he finishes his career here. He'll have a full off season with the team and another year to get stronger from the injury. He will be even better this year than last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

scrummymustard

Reaction score
RussB":28cjgbif said:
Josea16":28cjgbif said:
RussB":28cjgbif said:
Graham isnt any gaurantee to stay healthy either. Might as well trade him for a good pro bowl lineman while they can and if some recievers like lockett and richarson arent healthy atleast they can have a decent line to fall back on and a running game with time to throw. Imagine if graham goes down again with that line it would be horrifying for the offense lol. They seriously need to consider trading him to help get some run blocking and pass protection. Id rather have a team with a good line than a pro bowl TE and a crap line.

Besides they dont even utilize graham anyway.

Staying healthy? You can literally make that argument for every single player on the Hawks. We might as well trade Shead, Lockett, Richardson, Rawls, Prosise and Kam if that's the thinking.

Graham has only missed 7 games in 7 years, with 5 being the knee 2 years ago. If he made it back last year, I have no concerns about this year.

Josea16

Reaction score
scrummymustard":3mpi2qjg said:
RussB":3mpi2qjg said:
FlyingGreg":3mpi2qjg said:
RussB":3mpi2qjg said:

Why would we trade him now? We just gave him $2 million. If we trade him he keeps that money and we don't get any $ back.

Looking at some of the TE contracts this off season, marginal talent have been getting $5/$6 million a year (Sims, Doyle, Davis). Gresham received $7 mil a year and PFF graded him the 59/63 TE in the league in '16.

10 mil is frankly a steal for him at this point. Let's hope we extend him so he finishes his career here. He'll have a full off season with the team and another year to get stronger from the injury. He will be even better this year than last.

Sanity on .Net? Inconceivable. Get out while you can. It would be hilarious watching him become a better Jason Whitten despite Pete and his ignorant run first crap in the current NFL. Build an actual pass blocking OL and add your twists old man. So disappointed how age literally makes you challanged it seems?

I'd be completely happy if I were straight wrong by the way. :17:

sutz

Reaction score
RussB":wkfpilsj said:

Just curious, but why does someone have to go in a trade? Sounds silly to me, like saying, "Who will be our Franchise Tag player this year? We have to tag somebody."

Steve2222

Reaction score
Josea16":1cij8acd said:
RussB":1cij8acd said:

Easy. This draft is rich in TE talent. If the Seahawks could net an upper tier OL for Graham I'd be all for it. Then if we must, we could target Miami TE Njoku with our first round pick or Ole Miss TE Engram with our second rounder.

The Breh

Reaction score
Steve2222":1sv86m4c said:
Josea16":1sv86m4c said:
RussB":1sv86m4c said:

Easy. This draft is rich in TE talent. If the Seahawks could net an upper tier OL for Graham I'd be all for it. Then if we must, we could target Miami TE Njoku with our first round pick or Ole Miss TE Engram with our second rounder.

Graham for Thomas..?
Browns gettin busy.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1pporv3l said:

I think this is the key. Teams aren't that willing to part with quality OL talent.

That said, this is a draft where you could attempt to replace Graham. It would obviously be a step backward some. But you could bridge that loss in production with a draft pick.

Similarly, if you wanted to move a DB for an OL, you could go that route too. Teams are hungry for secondary talent. And this draft has a lot of it.

Seattle could also move a LB if they wanted. Not bad for LB quality in this draft in the 2nd/3rd round range.

If you're looking at alternative avenues to swap out areas of strength on our roster, for areas of weakness -- then those three positions would have talent that the team could acquire to minimize the loss.

RussB

Reaction score
sutz":2maoqior said:
RussB":2maoqior said:

Just curious, but why does someone have to go in a trade? Sounds silly to me, like saying, "Who will be our Franchise Tag player this year? We have to tag somebody."

Because they desperately need an o line and there are no more good free agents left. That means trading someone and graham would be a good option because this team has proven in the past they dont need pro bowl te's to win superbowls and to get there. Hes good but they could do without him. Id rather see some linemen on the roster and a decent running game instead of graham. Good defenses and running games go hand in hand. Having graham is pointless when there is no time to throw.