Would You Rather Have?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The Beastquake lore beating the Saints in 2010 in the archives...

Or losing to the Rams, ending the season 6-10 and getting a draft selection anywhere from 7 to 13.

Keep in mind you have a 60% chance of getting one of:

OT, Tyron Smith
DL, JJ Watt
DE, Robert Quinn
DT, Nick Fairley
DE, Robert Quinn (Ryan Kerrigan)
OT, Nate Solder

But also run a 40% risk of landing:

DE, Aldon Smith
QB, Jack Locker (Jake)
QB, Blaine Gabbert
QB, Christian Ponder

You still change history or no?

Edit: I think any of the DL, get us to the NFC CG in 2012, but you wonder if Irvin is still our choice that year. Smith would have been at least a monster for two seasons before unraveling.

Smith and Solder likely start out at RT, but still get plenty of LT reps because Okung. Don't know how that changes things, if that makes us wholly better. Probably.

Any of the QBs, pretty much erases Wilson, and perhaps our Championship.

Seymour

Reaction score
I won't attempt to change history. I'll leave that for the Minnesota "fans" here.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1zyiuiw2 said:
Who cares ?

Obviously, you don't.

But if anyone wonders why some of the more quality posters have left or fell silent, it's pretty much fun-sucking attitudes and responses like this.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
The Beastquake was awesome and things worked out pretty well for us.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Beastquake.

That 2010 campaign was very much a defining season for us.

Consider, if we don't make the playoffs. Like we didn't after 2011. After having missed it the previous two seasons. How would fortunes have changed for us.

We would have had some better picks. But we also don't instill a winning culture. One that maybe doesn't survive a 4th straight season without playoffs.

To me, Beastquake set in motion the kind of team that we were to become. Without that I'm not sure Pete gets the kind of buy in to the program that season afforded us. Every successful team has that spark that turned their franchises around. Beastquake was that for us.

Largent80

Reaction score
Beastquake was the most unexpected GAME of over a decade of Hawk football.

It signified a change was coming and boy did it. I wouldn't trade that for ANY draft pics.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Interesting question, but no way would I trade arguably the greatest run in NFL history even if I got to pick which of the six I would be trading for.

It is a defining moment for the franchise. It will be featured in historical highlight reels for as long as there are highlight reels, alongside The Immaculate Reception, The Drive... It was the turning point for the Seahawks. Sure we had one more down year, but that run set the tone for the Super Bowl winning team. It defined the mindset and established the identity of our Super Bowl winning offense, if not the entire team.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Largent80":3sut2s5n said:
Beastquake was the most unexpected GAME of over a decade of Hawk football.

It signified a change was coming and boy did it. I wouldn't trade that for ANY draft pics.

Agreed. A memory that will stay with me for the rest of my life. The odd thing is we sold our playoff seats for that game, I guess because of our collective "meh" that we slid into the playoffs 7-9. My best friend got two tickets to the game and asked me if I wanted to go. So thanks to him, I was able to witness the most incredible run, perhaps in NFL history, right before my eyes.

I thought the stadium was going to collapse. That's how insane it was. I will never forget that game and that run.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":37yc1tf5 said:
Ambrose83":37yc1tf5 said:
Who cares ?

Obviously, you don't.

But if anyone wonders why some of the more quality posters have left or fell silent, it's pretty much fun-sucking attitudes and responses like this.

Thank you for saying this....and couldn't agree more. I personally like it when posters bring talking points like this to the table, so thank you.

Personally I wouldn't change anything. Being at that Beastquake game was a memory I will have forever. I don't think in the history of sports past or present you will ever see a crowd going that crazy. Moreso than either NFC Championship game IMO. And I totally agree that one run was a huge turning point for the franchise.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Honestly I don't even know how this is a question. Anybody who would trade the Beastquake memory for a better draft pick needs to be shipped out of town. Go be a Browns fan! I still pull up that run from time to time. Heck, I'm gonna go do it right now.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Did someone mention the Browns? The video that never gets old... LOL

[youtube]tRBDMMVctu8[/youtube]

HawkGA

Reaction score
Just finished watching it and BeastQuake 2.0. Ahhh, good times.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is like asking if we should trade the Battle of Gettysburg for a chance to win The Alamo.................

Beastquake is a defining moment, you don't trade them, you never know if you will get another, The Tip was cool, but not on the level of Beastquake, Our crushing of Denver was a event of the ages as well, but still not as defining as that one play as far as our identity and what we evolved into.

The reason the still talk about the run by Bo Jackson over Bosworth was it was a defining moment for that player. The Immaculate reception I think is the closest thing to Beastquake I can associate it with, it started a mentality in Pittsburgh that is still there.

HawkGA

Reaction score
chris98251":2avz0e2o said:
The reason the still talk about the run by Bo Jackson over Bosworth was it was a defining moment for that player.

That player? I think you mean both players.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
I could have sworn this exact thread was already posted sometime within the last year.

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkGA":9ee71q7c said:
chris98251":9ee71q7c said:
The reason the still talk about the run by Bo Jackson over Bosworth was it was a defining moment for that player.

That player? I think you mean both players.

Don't be stealing my thunder, :) made the Boz a running Joke for a decade at least made Bo a Legend.