Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Would You Rather Have?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Would You Rather Have?
Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:17 pm
  • The Beastquake lore beating the Saints in 2010 in the archives...

Or losing to the Rams, ending the season 6-10 and getting a draft selection anywhere from 7 to 13.

Keep in mind you have a 60% chance of getting one of:

OT, Tyron Smith
    DL, JJ Watt
    DE, Robert Quinn
    DT, Nick Fairley
    DE, Robert Quinn (Ryan Kerrigan)
    OT, Nate Solder

But also run a 40% risk of landing:

DE, Aldon Smith
    QB, Jack Locker (Jake)
    QB, Blaine Gabbert
    QB, Christian Ponder

You still change history or no?

Edit: I think any of the DL, get us to the NFC CG in 2012, but you wonder if Irvin is still our choice that year. Smith would have been at least a monster for two seasons before unraveling.

Smith and Solder likely start out at RT, but still get plenty of LT reps because Okung. Don't know how that changes things, if that makes us wholly better. Probably.

Any of the QBs, pretty much erases Wilson, and perhaps our Championship.
    Last edited by Pandion Haliaetus on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Re: Would You Rather Have?
Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:21 pm
  • Who cares ?
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:22 pm
  • I won't attempt to change history. I'll leave that for the Minnesota "fans" here.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:32 pm
  • Ambrose83 wrote:Who cares ?

Obviously, you don't.

But if anyone wonders why some of the more quality posters have left or fell silent, it's pretty much fun-sucking attitudes and responses like this.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:37 pm
  • The Beastquake was awesome and things worked out pretty well for us.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:43 pm
  • Beastquake.

That 2010 campaign was very much a defining season for us.

Consider, if we don't make the playoffs. Like we didn't after 2011. After having missed it the previous two seasons. How would fortunes have changed for us.

We would have had some better picks. But we also don't instill a winning culture. One that maybe doesn't survive a 4th straight season without playoffs.

To me, Beastquake set in motion the kind of team that we were to become. Without that I'm not sure Pete gets the kind of buy in to the program that season afforded us. Every successful team has that spark that turned their franchises around. Beastquake was that for us.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:45 pm
  • Beastquake was the most unexpected GAME of over a decade of Hawk football.

It signified a change was coming and boy did it. I wouldn't trade that for ANY draft pics.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:48 pm
  • Ambrose83 wrote:Who cares ?

Wow, be a dick much?

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:49 pm
  • Interesting question, but no way would I trade arguably the greatest run in NFL history even if I got to pick which of the six I would be trading for.

It is a defining moment for the franchise. It will be featured in historical highlight reels for as long as there are highlight reels, alongside The Immaculate Reception, The Drive... It was the turning point for the Seahawks. Sure we had one more down year, but that run set the tone for the Super Bowl winning team. It defined the mindset and established the identity of our Super Bowl winning offense, if not the entire team.
    Last edited by bigskydoc on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:50 pm
  • Beastquake is the event that got me into football in the first place.
    Overseasfan
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:53 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Beastquake was the most unexpected GAME of over a decade of Hawk football.

It signified a change was coming and boy did it. I wouldn't trade that for ANY draft pics.

Agreed. A memory that will stay with me for the rest of my life. The odd thing is we sold our playoff seats for that game, I guess because of our collective "meh" that we slid into the playoffs 7-9. My best friend got two tickets to the game and asked me if I wanted to go. So thanks to him, I was able to witness the most incredible run, perhaps in NFL history, right before my eyes.

I thought the stadium was going to collapse. That's how insane it was. I will never forget that game and that run.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:53 pm
  • Pandion Haliaetus wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:Who cares ?

Obviously, you don't.

But if anyone wonders why some of the more quality posters have left or fell silent, it's pretty much fun-sucking attitudes and responses like this.

Thank you for saying this....and couldn't agree more. I personally like it when posters bring talking points like this to the table, so thank you.

Personally I wouldn't change anything. Being at that Beastquake game was a memory I will have forever. I don't think in the history of sports past or present you will ever see a crowd going that crazy. Moreso than either NFC Championship game IMO. And I totally agree that one run was a huge turning point for the franchise.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:55 pm
  • Honestly I don't even know how this is a question. Anybody who would trade the Beastquake memory for a better draft pick needs to be shipped out of town. Go be a Browns fan! I still pull up that run from time to time. Heck, I'm gonna go do it right now.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:56 pm
  • Did someone mention the Browns? The video that never gets old... LOL

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:57 pm

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:03 pm
  • Just finished watching it and BeastQuake 2.0. Ahhh, good times.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:05 pm
  • This is like asking if we should trade the Battle of Gettysburg for a chance to win The Alamo.................

Beastquake is a defining moment, you don't trade them, you never know if you will get another, The Tip was cool, but not on the level of Beastquake, Our crushing of Denver was a event of the ages as well, but still not as defining as that one play as far as our identity and what we evolved into.

The reason the still talk about the run by Bo Jackson over Bosworth was it was a defining moment for that player. The Immaculate reception I think is the closest thing to Beastquake I can associate it with, it started a mentality in Pittsburgh that is still there.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:09 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:The reason the still talk about the run by Bo Jackson over Bosworth was it was a defining moment for that player.

That player? I think you mean both players.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:11 pm
  • I could have sworn this exact thread was already posted sometime within the last year.
    thebanjodude
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:11 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:The reason the still talk about the run by Bo Jackson over Bosworth was it was a defining moment for that player.

That player? I think you mean both players.

Don't be stealing my thunder, :) made the Boz a running Joke for a decade at least made Bo a Legend.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:13 pm
  • Could not change a thing. Aldon Smith in the correct atmosphere would handle things in a way different manner. All the other facets make for great talking points but I feel make me end up with more of a loss than a gain. We got thru with the barely winning a string of games leading up to the strong showing in the Owl. That single game to me is still phenomenal. We would not go quietly into the night...yadda yadda yadda.....and they still tried to give PeyPey the trophy....to no avail.

Started with Beastquake....and it is all history.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:30 pm
  • thebanjodude wrote:I could have sworn this exact thread was already posted sometime within the last year.

Guilty.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:04 pm
  • Aros wrote:Did someone mention the Browns? The video that never gets old... LOL

Is it my eyes?The guy looks just like Jim Thome ..Former Indians star
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:22 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:Who cares ?

Wow, be a dick much?

Exactly. This is a fun off season post.

I would take the playoff win. Who knows what this front office would do with no playoff wins or appearances since 2007 in 2011 do they panic? Do they trust the system and philosophy? Emotions and memories matter they make us who we are as people.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:41 pm
  • The Hawks likely would have drafted Locker or Gabbert. QB was the Hawks' #1 need.

BeastQuake will live forever in NFL lore.

The choice is easy.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:09 pm
  • Pandion Haliaetus wrote:QB, Jack Locker

Who's Jack Locker? :P

Seriously, though, it's not even a question. The Beastquake was our Immaculate Reception (people tend to forget, in '72 the Steelers lost a week later to the Dolphins in their perfect season). The Beastquake will live forever. Outside Seattle, it's more famous than the Tip.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:33 pm
  • I still love the fact that Tracy porter could easily have broken up the run around the four or five yard line, except for the fact that he was completely broken in mind and spirit and just half ass jaunted around after picking up his rag doll of a body from the turf.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:37 pm
  • BeastQuake for sure. No doubt that game added thousands if not a hundreds of thousand fans to the hawks bandwagon.

I rank it as the 5th "Most Epic" game in hawks history.

1. SB 48
    2. 2013 NFCCG
    3. 2014 NFCCG
    4. 2005 NFCCG
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:44 pm
  • I made Raibles beastquake call the ringtone on my phone and if we drafted another QB we wouldn't have the next rings we are going to get :179422:
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:29 pm
  • Optimus25 wrote:I still love the fact that Tracy porter could easily have broken up the run around the four or five yard line, except for the fact that he was completely broken in mind and spirit and just half ass jaunted around after picking up his rag doll of a body from the turf.

LOL so very true.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:48 pm
  • Were you there? Ummm...

Like many off you, I was there. Don't get to see many games at the stadium either. I can understand the fun of a thought experiment sooooo no. No no no. No no no no no. No no. Noooooooooooooo!

Nope. Wouldn't trade it.

Ok im done experimenting with that thought. Next!
    Go Hawks.
    Sealake80
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:40 pm
  • If you trade that moment, it's very possible the Seahawks don't win a Super Bowl a few years later. Since all of history for the team, and the NFL would be on a different trajectory.....
    ringless
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:28 am
  • So the answer always Beastquake and everything that it came to mean and pave the way for. But looking at the draft choices the OP has offered up too - it's not really enticing from that point either, is it?

JJ Watt is the standout from the 'good' list but Houston are now saddled with his enormo-contract, agreed in Sept of 2014, which - in alternate scenario land - would've affected the 2015 contracts of Bobby Wagner, (probably still available in the 2nd round in this scenario) KJ Wright (fourth round), and Marshawn Lynch (prior trade / final contract), to name a few.

Sherman (fifth round)'s second contract came earlier in 2014, but one would have to say the two would also be affected by each other. Then assuming Russell Wilson still lasts to the third round, can you then afford that recent renegotiation?

You could argue Watt's contract in today's money might even be reasonable in isolation, but the ripples clearly aren't.

(Also, and even less measurable, was the fear in defenders eyes from the next season onwards as Lynch lined up in the backfield. Sheer entertainment value there)
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:50 am
  • ringless wrote:If you trade that moment, it's very possible the Seahawks don't win a Super Bowl a few years later. Since all of history for the team, and the NFL would be on a different trajectory.....

It's actually very probable that the Seahawks don't win the Super Bowl. Everything had to line up right, and changing the draft order in the 2011 draft means that they probably don't end up with Wright, Sherman, Maxwell and Smith. Many teams end up with different players because of the draft order, changing many things that happen after that. Do the Seahawks even get Wilson the next year? Probably not.

I'll take everything that happened up until the Super Bowl win. It's what made the Seahawks win the Super Bowl. Changing any measurable part of it likely derails their win.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:08 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information