Safety Bradley McDougald .... another class of 2013 visit

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Nice size and length and change of direction ....... interesting visit.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6115
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • In other safety news ..............
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6115
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm



  • Mcdougald actually has some decent stats. He may be a good pick up.
    Alert The Legion.
    User avatar
    Jimjones0384
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 480
    Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am


  • Soooo, I guess Earl isn't retiring after all.... good to know.
    Image
    User avatar
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 9474
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm


  • Jville wrote:In other safety news ..............


    LMFAO..........I wouldn't expect anything less. Intense is the word that comes to mind.
    Alert The Legion.
    User avatar
    Jimjones0384
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 480
    Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am


  • Jimjones0384 wrote:Mcdougald actually has some decent stats. He may be a good pick up.


    He is likely visiting for more than just a backup role.

    A couple years ago .... the Seahawk defense transitioned from a defense whose base defense dominated most snaps to a defense whose nickle defense dominated snaps. Pete Carroll continues to imply an interest in carrying a big nickel. With McDougald having so much recent starting experience, Carroll will likely eye McDougald for a big nickel role. As we all know, Carroll has the playbook to incorporate a competitive big nickel into his defense. Interesting visit. Lots of interesting safety candidates this year.

    ......................................................

    In other DB news glad to see CB Neiko Thorpe resigned ........ love and trust his tackling

    Last edited by Jville on Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6115
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Jazzhawk wrote:Soooo, I guess Earl isn't retiring after all.... good to know.

    IIRC, that lasted less than a week. :)

    Looks like he's out of the tank and working out fully. :2thumbs:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 16051
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • Jville wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote:Mcdougald actually has some decent stats. He may be a good pick up.


    He is likely visiting for more than just a backup role.

    A couple years ago .... the Seahawk defense transitioned from a defense whose base defense dominated most snaps to a defense whose nickle defense dominated snaps. Pete Carroll continues to imply an interest in carrying a big nickel. With McDougald having so much recent starting experience, Carroll will likely eye McDougald for a big nickel role. As we all know, Carroll has the playbook to incorporate a competitive big nickel into his defense. Interesting visit. Lots of interesting safety candidates this year.

    ......................................................

    In other DB news glad to see CB Neiko Thorpe resigned ........ love and trust his tackling



    Great info. Sounds like he would fit great in that role.
    Alert The Legion.
    User avatar
    Jimjones0384
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 480
    Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am


  • I thought Mcdougald looked great against us this year, haven't really seen much other then that. I know he was a little slow coming out college but wouldn't be a bad depth signing to me.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1701
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


  • getnasty wrote:I thought Mcdougald looked great against us this year, haven't really seen much other then that. I know he was a little slow coming out college but wouldn't be a bad depth signing to me.

    Yeah, if ET can finish rehab the LoB will be intact, but last season highlighted the importance of our bench.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 16051
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • If they keep addressing needs than we might have a sweet draft again
    Here's to hoping :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 250
    Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:04 pm
    Location: The Burbs in Lacey


  • I would LOVE for them to snag this guy. He played all 16 games last year, is on the right side of 30 with room to improve at a position of need, unless you really like Terrell.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34720
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


  • Going to the draft with the luxury of being able to take the best player on the board would be a plus.
    penihawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 436
    Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:11 am


  • I fully expect a trade or two to increase the number of draft choices. I can't imagine JS being content to have no 4th or 5th rounders in this deep of a draft.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    User avatar
    Seafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5528
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm
    Location: Helotes, TX




It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online