AgentDib wrote:It's very hard to predict right now given the few facts we have.
- The front office threw money at Lang after the Joeckel signing.
- They've only talked about Joeckel on the left side, specifically at LT and LG.
- They've been positive about Fant individually but acknowledge they were asking him to do too much.
- They've said the line was too young last year.
- Britt, Gilliam and Joeckel are only signed for this season.
- Glowinski and Fant are signed for two seasons.
Based on their comment about youth I think Joeckel will start at either LT or LG and Britt will start at C. However, I think we will still draft an OL or two given that five of our potential starters have expiring contracts in the next two seasons. Given our interest in Lang I think one of them may be a guard.
If I had to make a bet today it would be on:
LT - Fant
LG - Joeckel
C - Britt
RG - Lamp (2nd round pick)
RT - Ifedi
OG - Glowinski
OT - Gilliam
OC - Hunt
Ultimately I think they are trying to keep their options open at this point going into the draft so they can take the best players available.
Cable has been pretty consistent in saying that they at least try to get the best 5 OL on the field, and indeed, he has bounced a lot of players around from their original positions (Britt was moved twice in two years), so regardless of what we're hearing in March, by September, it could look entirely different.
Although it's fun to speculate, we're really getting ahead of ourselves with our paper lineups. Why just last week, we had TJ Lang playing 4 different positions in our starting lineups. Joeckel may not even be on the team come September as we're really rolling the dice with him. And who knows who we might draft a lineman that knocks our socks off or pick up a good player from another team's cuts.