Votes: 9 11.8%
  • LT-Joekel, LG-Glowinski, C-Britt, RG-Ohdiambo, RT-Ifedi

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 22 28.9%

• Total voters

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Now with Joekel in the equation, we can start to look at possible lineups. I have listed 5 options and easily could have listed many more. Will a rookie draft pick be added to the mix? If you pick other, please list how you see it with any other potential guys not yet on the roster.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The simplest option is one that isn't mentioned:

LT Fant
LG Glow
C Britt
RG Ifedi
RT Joeckel

Pete and Cable said repeatedly that they want to gain as much continuity as possible, and this one is the only one that leaves 4 players in place from last season....unless you want to insert Gilliam for Joeckel.

And not to be picky, but the correct spelling is "Joeckel."

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I actually like the last simplest option best, but voted for #4

Largent80

Reaction score
I chose 2. I still think there is a strong possibility of getting a good guard in the draft as a backup. Ohiambo has a year in the system and I expect improvement across the entire line.

There is also a chance Schneider moves up to get OL after the Lang snub.

chris98251

Reaction score
I still think we won't draft a reach on the line, we will wait for the cut downs and pick up a Vet, Schneider had his youth movement last year, now he needs to solidify it with Vet presence and guidance. Oh and Coaching I almost forgot our best in the League O line coach.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Fant - Joeckel - Britt - Glow - FA to be signed

I think glow is better than Ifedi. Also don't think Ifedi can play tackle. I think we sign someone and they take the RT spot from Gilliam.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's very hard to predict right now given the few facts we have.

- The front office threw money at Lang after the Joeckel signing.
- They've only talked about Joeckel on the left side, specifically at LT and LG.
- They've been positive about Fant individually but acknowledge they were asking him to do too much.
- They've said the line was too young last year.
- Britt, Gilliam and Joeckel are only signed for this season.
- Glowinski and Fant are signed for two seasons.

Based on their comment about youth I think Joeckel will start at either LT or LG and Britt will start at C. However, I think we will still draft an OL or two given that five of our potential starters have expiring contracts in the next two seasons. Given our interest in Lang I think one of them may be a guard.

If I had to make a bet today it would be on:
LT - Fant
LG - Joeckel
C - Britt
RG - Lamp (2nd round pick)
RT - Ifedi
------------
OG - Glowinski
OT - Gilliam
OC - Hunt

Ultimately I think they are trying to keep their options open at this point going into the draft so they can take the best players available.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
AgentDib":1yr5as5c said:

- They've only talked about Joeckel on the left side, specifically at LT and LG.
- They've been positive about Fant individually but acknowledge they were asking him to do too much.

Based on their comment about youth I think Joeckel will start at either LT or LG and Britt will start at C. However, I think we will still draft an OL or two given that five of our potential starters have expiring contracts in the next two seasons. Given our interest in Lang I think one of them may be a guard.

LT - Fant
LG - Joeckel
C - Britt
RT - Ifedi
------------
OG - Glowinski
OT - Gilliam
OC - Hunt

Ultimately I think they are trying to keep their options open at this point going into the draft so they can take the best players available.

Interesting but I do not see Lamp going second round though. Do not even see him making it to us in the 1st.

sdog1981

Reaction score
We have to wait until the final 4 to know who cable is going to want to add to this line.

NJlargent

Reaction score
To be fair, I have a difficult time giving Joeckel a starting spot at the moment considering he's been an absolute bust up until now. We were excited he got a "prove it" deal so let's let him prove it first.

Veilside

Reaction score
I just don't think Joeckel is quick enough to play LT in this league. Best bet is he'll either be a G or RT and I'm betting on LG next to Fant and Britt.

Fant, Joeckel, Britt, Glow, Ifedi or Fant, Glow, Britt, Ifedi, Joeckel

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I think we are drafting a RT. And I think I have an idea whom they have their eyes on. More on that thought later in the draft forum.

kf3339

Reaction score
I voted "other" since I don't see the FO sticking with just our current crop without some additional veteran FA help coming in at some point. I know the pickings are now slim, but just have a feeling someone will release a reasonably competent OL player who has a year or two left, like last year with Evans.

But this time I think we will not be so quick to drop him for their so called "youth movement" seeing as how it became such a bad joke last season.

The more I think about it though my gut tells me we will not expend a 1st or 2nd round pick in the draft this year on the O-Line, but instead re-tool the Defense in a major way. We have 5 picks and pretty much expect 4 to go on D players, and maybe 1 for a 3rd or 4th round G or T for depth. It's time for them to stick with experience over youth for this season.

I just hope a decent line player is cut and we are smart enough to grab him. I guess we could also trade for a good player, but just don't use 2017 draft picks in the trade. At least I hope so.

RiverDog

Reaction score
AgentDib":2924lfea said:

LT - Fant
LG - Joeckel
C - Britt
RT - Ifedi
------------
OG - Glowinski
OT - Gilliam
OC - Hunt

Cable has been pretty consistent in saying that they at least try to get the best 5 OL on the field, and indeed, he has bounced a lot of players around from their original positions (Britt was moved twice in two years), so regardless of what we're hearing in March, by September, it could look entirely different.

Although it's fun to speculate, we're really getting ahead of ourselves with our paper lineups. Why just last week, we had TJ Lang playing 4 different positions in our starting lineups. Joeckel may not even be on the team come September as we're really rolling the dice with him. And who knows who we might draft a lineman that knocks our socks off or pick up a good player from another team's cuts.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Asking guys to switch sides is the best way to screw up continuity and undo experience, so that rules out #2 and #4.

The rest rely on Joeckel winning out. That's a 50/50 chance for me.

I still suspect we might end up with the exact same line as last year's, with some improvement in their play from a full offseason of work and you know, not being rookies anymore.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
hawknation2017":14hv3bu7 said:
I think we are drafting a RT. And I think I have an idea whom they have their eyes on. More on that thought later in the draft forum.

The suspense is killing me.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3h467l5o said:
Asking guys to switch sides is the best way to screw up continuity and undo experience, so that rules out #2 and #4.

The rest rely on Joeckel winning out. That's a 50/50 chance for me.

I still suspect we might end up with the exact same line as last year's, with some improvement in their play from a full offseason of work and you know, not being rookies anymore.

It was only limited action, but glow looked pretty good at rg against az. I could see him moved there, joeckel at lg, and ifedi out at rt. But, now Bennett is giving quotes that he thinks Gilliam is going to have a breakout year. Are they just buddies, or does he know something we don't? Gilliam is the real wildcard to me. I would like to seem him replaced, but I said the same about Britt and we know how that turned out.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":40ts2k3y said:
But, now Bennett is giving quotes that he thinks Gilliam is going to have a breakout year. Are they just buddies, or does he know something we don't? Gilliam is the real wildcard to me. I would like to seem him replaced, but I said the same about Britt and we know how that turned out.

That's a really good point about Gilliam. Overall our OL played horribly, and the worst of the worst was our bookends. Everyone is eager to excuse Fant due to his lack of playing experience, so that leaves Gilliam with a cross to bear. I wouldn't write him out of the lineup just yet.