Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

O-Line Possibilities-Poll

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

Most likely opening day O-Line starters

LT-Joekel, LG-Glowinski, C-Britt, RG Ifedi, RT- Gilliam
4%
LT-Fant, LG-Joekel, C-Britt, RG -Glowinski, RT-Ifedi
45%
LT-Joekel, LG-Glowinski, C-Britt, RG -Ifedi, RT-Ohdiambo
4%
LT-Joekel, LG-Glowinski, C-Britt, RG-Ifedi, RT-Fant
12%
LT-Joekel, LG-Glowinski, C-Britt, RG-Ohdiambo, RT-Ifedi
7%
Other
29%

Total votes : 76

O-Line Possibilities-Poll
Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:09 am
  • Now with Joekel in the equation, we can start to look at possible lineups. I have listed 5 options and easily could have listed many more. Will a rookie draft pick be added to the mix? If you pick other, please list how you see it with any other potential guys not yet on the roster.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Re: O-Line Possibilities-Poll
Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:17 am
  • The simplest option is one that isn't mentioned:

LT Fant
    LG Glow
    C Britt
    RG Ifedi
    RT Joeckel

Pete and Cable said repeatedly that they want to gain as much continuity as possible, and this one is the only one that leaves 4 players in place from last season....unless you want to insert Gilliam for Joeckel.

And not to be picky, but the correct spelling is "Joeckel."
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:22 am
  • I actually like the last simplest option best, but voted for #4
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:11 pm
  • I think they will end up drafting a tackle.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:14 pm
  • I chose 2. I still think there is a strong possibility of getting a good guard in the draft as a backup. Ohiambo has a year in the system and I expect improvement across the entire line.

There is also a chance Schneider moves up to get OL after the Lang snub.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:15 pm
  • Even after the draft seems impossible to predict anything with the Oline except Britt at C.
    Adopt a rookie 2017-Delano Hall, S, Michigan

seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:21 pm
  • I still think we won't draft a reach on the line, we will wait for the cut downs and pick up a Vet, Schneider had his youth movement last year, now he needs to solidify it with Vet presence and guidance. Oh and Coaching I almost forgot our best in the League O line coach.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:37 pm
  • Fant - Joeckel - Britt - Glow - FA to be signed

I think glow is better than Ifedi. Also don't think Ifedi can play tackle. I think we sign someone and they take the RT spot from Gilliam.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:52 pm
  • It's very hard to predict right now given the few facts we have.

- The front office threw money at Lang after the Joeckel signing.
    - They've only talked about Joeckel on the left side, specifically at LT and LG.
    - They've been positive about Fant individually but acknowledge they were asking him to do too much.
    - They've said the line was too young last year.
    - Britt, Gilliam and Joeckel are only signed for this season.
    - Glowinski and Fant are signed for two seasons.

Based on their comment about youth I think Joeckel will start at either LT or LG and Britt will start at C. However, I think we will still draft an OL or two given that five of our potential starters have expiring contracts in the next two seasons. Given our interest in Lang I think one of them may be a guard.

If I had to make a bet today it would be on:
    LT - Fant
    LG - Joeckel
    C - Britt
    RG - Lamp (2nd round pick)
    RT - Ifedi
    ------------
    OG - Glowinski
    OT - Gilliam
    OC - Hunt

Ultimately I think they are trying to keep their options open at this point going into the draft so they can take the best players available.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:26 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:It's very hard to predict right now given the few facts we have.

- They've only talked about Joeckel on the left side, specifically at LT and LG.
    - They've been positive about Fant individually but acknowledge they were asking him to do too much.

Based on their comment about youth I think Joeckel will start at either LT or LG and Britt will start at C. However, I think we will still draft an OL or two given that five of our potential starters have expiring contracts in the next two seasons. Given our interest in Lang I think one of them may be a guard.

LT - Fant
    LG - Joeckel
    C - Britt
    RT - Ifedi
    ------------
    OG - Glowinski
    OT - Gilliam
    OC - Hunt

Ultimately I think they are trying to keep their options open at this point going into the draft so they can take the best players available.

Interesting but I do not see Lamp going second round though. Do not even see him making it to us in the 1st.
    Adopt a rookie 2017-Delano Hall, S, Michigan

seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:30 pm
  • We have to wait until the final 4 to know who cable is going to want to add to this line.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:08 pm
  • To be fair, I have a difficult time giving Joeckel a starting spot at the moment considering he's been an absolute bust up until now. We were excited he got a "prove it" deal so let's let him prove it first.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:32 pm
  • I just don't think Joeckel is quick enough to play LT in this league. Best bet is he'll either be a G or RT and I'm betting on LG next to Fant and Britt.

Fant, Joeckel, Britt, Glow, Ifedi or Fant, Glow, Britt, Ifedi, Joeckel
    "If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson
    Veilside
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:13 pm
  • I think we are drafting a RT. And I think I have an idea whom they have their eyes on. More on that thought later in the draft forum.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:54 pm
  • I voted "other" since I don't see the FO sticking with just our current crop without some additional veteran FA help coming in at some point. I know the pickings are now slim, but just have a feeling someone will release a reasonably competent OL player who has a year or two left, like last year with Evans.

But this time I think we will not be so quick to drop him for their so called "youth movement" seeing as how it became such a bad joke last season.

The more I think about it though my gut tells me we will not expend a 1st or 2nd round pick in the draft this year on the O-Line, but instead re-tool the Defense in a major way. We have 5 picks and pretty much expect 4 to go on D players, and maybe 1 for a 3rd or 4th round G or T for depth. It's time for them to stick with experience over youth for this season.

I just hope a decent line player is cut and we are smart enough to grab him. I guess we could also trade for a good player, but just don't use 2017 draft picks in the trade. At least I hope so.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:27 am
  • AgentDib wrote:It's very hard to predict right now given the few facts we have.

LT - Fant
    LG - Joeckel
    C - Britt
    RT - Ifedi
    ------------
    OG - Glowinski
    OT - Gilliam
    OC - Hunt

Cable has been pretty consistent in saying that they at least try to get the best 5 OL on the field, and indeed, he has bounced a lot of players around from their original positions (Britt was moved twice in two years), so regardless of what we're hearing in March, by September, it could look entirely different.

Although it's fun to speculate, we're really getting ahead of ourselves with our paper lineups. Why just last week, we had TJ Lang playing 4 different positions in our starting lineups. Joeckel may not even be on the team come September as we're really rolling the dice with him. And who knows who we might draft a lineman that knocks our socks off or pick up a good player from another team's cuts.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:17 am
  • Asking guys to switch sides is the best way to screw up continuity and undo experience, so that rules out #2 and #4.

The rest rely on Joeckel winning out. That's a 50/50 chance for me.

I still suspect we might end up with the exact same line as last year's, with some improvement in their play from a full offseason of work and you know, not being rookies anymore.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:14 am
  • hawknation2017 wrote:I think we are drafting a RT. And I think I have an idea whom they have their eyes on. More on that thought later in the draft forum.

The suspense is killing me.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:21 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Asking guys to switch sides is the best way to screw up continuity and undo experience, so that rules out #2 and #4.

The rest rely on Joeckel winning out. That's a 50/50 chance for me.

I still suspect we might end up with the exact same line as last year's, with some improvement in their play from a full offseason of work and you know, not being rookies anymore.

It was only limited action, but glow looked pretty good at rg against az. I could see him moved there, joeckel at lg, and ifedi out at rt. But, now Bennett is giving quotes that he thinks Gilliam is going to have a breakout year. Are they just buddies, or does he know something we don't? Gilliam is the real wildcard to me. I would like to seem him replaced, but I said the same about Britt and we know how that turned out.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:20 am
  • Jimjones0384 wrote: But, now Bennett is giving quotes that he thinks Gilliam is going to have a breakout year. Are they just buddies, or does he know something we don't? Gilliam is the real wildcard to me. I would like to seem him replaced, but I said the same about Britt and we know how that turned out.

That's a really good point about Gilliam. Overall our OL played horribly, and the worst of the worst was our bookends. Everyone is eager to excuse Fant due to his lack of playing experience, so that leaves Gilliam with a cross to bear. I wouldn't write him out of the lineup just yet.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:14 am
  • Jimjones0384 wrote:
    hawknation2017 wrote:I think we are drafting a RT. And I think I have an idea whom they have their eyes on. More on that thought later in the draft forum.

The suspense is killing me.

Sorry, didn't mean to be a tease. I think we are looking to take Cam Robinson. I will have a more detailed breakdown on Robinson later. He and Ifedi would form a physically imposing combo on the right side of the line. Robinson's combine numbers were nearly identical to Russell Okung's pro day measureables. He would give the offensive line a clear physical identity of power and length. Robinson's pass pro technique is better than many think; he just has a couple issues to clean up with his hand placement and footwork. But those issues, as well as the consensus that Robinson is a better fit at right tackle, should make him available around No. 26. He is way ahead of Ifedi as an outside pass protector. Robinson, Ifedi, Britt, Glowinski, and Joeckel would give the Seahawks five physically-imposing, long athletes capable of asserting their will on a defense. Of course, Joeckel would have to earn the LT spot over Fant & Gilliam. Glowinski, likewise, would have to beat out Joeckel. And Robinson would need to be the clear cut favorite over Gilliam. I think that lineup would provide a solid mix of power, length, explosiveness, continuity, experience, and potential.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:42 am
  • Britt at center is the only sure fire thing. Glowinski being our second best lineman last year by quiet a margin (still not great but way closer to average than anyone else) so I expect him to be in the starting line up, either at LG or RG. Next two who I think are more than likely included in the starting line up day 1 are Joeckel and Ifedi based on investment. Joeckel will be our highest paid O-lineman this year, while Ifedi was last year's first round pick. No guarantee they'll actually make it but they'll at least get the opportunity with the other guys having to prove they are significantly better than either Ifedi or Joeckel, since I don't see a lot of those guys walking around I expect them both to make it.

Based on what I think would make the most sense and not based on what is most likely to happen right now I expect them to settle on:

LT - Fant/Gilliam
    LG - Joeckel
    C - Britt
    RG - Glowinski
    RT - Ifedi

Maybe they go to FA or the draft to get a LT instead of Fant or Gilliam but can't really predict that.
    Overseasfan
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:52 pm
  • Bennett Picks His 2017 Breakout Seahawks: “I think Garry Gilliam’s going to have a great year this year. I think he’s getting better and better, so I think he’s one of the guys that I think is going to be pretty good this year " -- Michael Bennett
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:11 pm
  • Jville wrote:Bennett Picks His 2017 Breakout Seahawks: “I think Garry Gilliam’s going to have a great year this year. I think he’s getting better and better, so I think he’s one of the guys that I think is going to be pretty good this year " -- Michael Bennett

Just an opinion. Perhaps a little more of an informed one being that he's closer to the subject than any of us, but it's still just someone's thoughts. Besides, what would you expect Bennett or any other teammate or coach to say?..."Gilliam sucks, he'll be the first player cut in August."

But on the other hand, I do think it's too early to be writing off Gilliam. He played poorly last season, but so did a lot of our OL's. With the exception of center where I feel Britt played well enough to be considered locked in, I would expect all of the OL spots to be up for grabs.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Fri May 05, 2017 10:48 am
  • Not a lot has changed regarding the o line in the past 2 months since this poll was created. Gilliam is gone so that takes him out of this equation. Aboushi was added. Pocic is probably the only real rookie threat to contribute. Reading through the responses of this thread prior to the draft, has some fairly good insight to how the line will shake out.

Purely because it was so bad last year, I expect some improvement. Joeckel, Aboushi and Pocic make it at least more competetive. I think the o-line question really is,...is it better, worse, or about the same as 2016?
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Fri May 05, 2017 12:35 pm
  • oldhawkfan wrote:Not a lot has changed regarding the o line in the past 2 months since this poll was created. Gilliam is gone so that takes him out of this equation. Aboushi was added. Pocic is probably the only real rookie threat to contribute. Reading through the responses of this thread prior to the draft, has some fairly good insight to how the line will shake out.

Purely because it was so bad last year, I expect some improvement. Joeckel, Aboushi and Pocic make it at least more competetive. I think the o-line question really is,...is it better, worse, or about the same as 2016?

Things have changed.

Pete has said

Glow is at RG
    Ifedi is RT competeing with Pocic
    LG is Odhiambho vs competition
    LT is Joeckel unless Fant surprises.

Pocic is the new token Ginger (mcQuinstan) Who can play every position. Because of this I dont see him being a starter, if an injury occurs he can step in without having to displace anyone else in the lineup.
    "I don't know much, but I imagine that stomping my way through a field of seven-year-olds is the closest I'll ever feel to being Marshawn Lynch. Despite being limited to ten rushes, Lynch mowed through defenders like Zach Efron running into a bachelorette party in Vegas." -@JacsonBevens
    titan3131
    NET Veteran

Fri May 05, 2017 2:15 pm
  • titan3131 wrote:
    oldhawkfan wrote:Not a lot has changed regarding the o line in the past 2 months since this poll was created. Gilliam is gone so that takes him out of this equation. Aboushi was added. Pocic is probably the only real rookie threat to contribute. Reading through the responses of this thread prior to the draft, has some fairly good insight to how the line will shake out.

Things have changed.

Pete has said

Glow is at RG

Pocic is the new token Ginger (mcQuinstan) Who can play every position. Because of this I dont see him being a starter, if an injury occurs he can step in without having to displace anyone else in the lineup.

LOL and we have yet to put pads on.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:10 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    titan3131 wrote:
    oldhawkfan wrote:Not a lot has changed regarding the o line in the past 2 months since this poll was created. Gilliam is gone so that takes him out of this equation. Aboushi was added. Pocic is probably the only real rookie threat to contribute. Reading through the responses of this thread prior to the draft, has some fairly good insight to how the line will shake out.

Things have changed.

Pete has said

Glow is at RG

The pads are on, training camp has started, are we any closer than we were in March, April and May to having some sense of o line resolution?
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:12 pm
  • oldhawkfan wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    titan3131 wrote:

Things have changed.

Pete has said

Glow is at RG

The pads are on, training camp has started, are we any closer than we were in March, April and May to having some sense of o line resolution?

Cable will take till game 4-6 of the regular season to figure this out.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:34 am
  • Joeckel doesn't have a great track record at LT . That said we'll see how things look in the preseason games .
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information