DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo
Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:08 pm
  • Not sure if this should go in the NFL forum, maybe if he signs with them? I don't know. In any case, he wasn't going to be ready week 1 and I'm hoping they address CB early in the draft. If he does move on, good luck to him.

    http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahaw ... -the-bills
    User avatar
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1223
    Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am


Re: DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo
Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:43 pm
  • Reports have him possibly missing the season but ACLs are becoming a little easier to deal with as medical advances are made.

    Hawks have apparently made him an offer Per Bob Condotta. Think Shead is just checking out his market. I think if anything he would sign a 1yr deal and see how he comes back.

    Draft is so deep with DB depth that I don't think the hawks are as urgent with it.

    Sucks because Shead could've had a major payday this year had he not got such a substantial injury
    "It takes a big man to sit when he pees. its takes an even bigger man to tell someone he does"
    User avatar
    Davidess
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 155
    Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:20 am


Re: DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo
Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:54 am
  • Davidess wrote:Sucks because Shead could've had a major payday this year had he not got such a substantial injury

    Shead is a RFA (howbeit untendered) so his hypothetical payday (had he not got such a substantial injury) would not have been that major.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3849
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


Re: DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo
Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:09 am
  • I hope he goes. Shead is the most overrated player on the team.
    User avatar
    nash72
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 832
    Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:33 am


Re: DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:13 am
  • For him the question is where he wants to rehab as he won't be playing up to speed until Oct/Nov with his injury happening in Jan. Anything before then is unrealistic and puts him at risk of further injury.

    If the team has made him an offer then it is clear they'd like to attempt to keep him, if the numbers are remotely sensible.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3916
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


Re: DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:46 am
  • onanygivensunday wrote:
    Davidess wrote:Sucks because Shead could've had a major payday this year had he not got such a substantial injury

    Shead is a RFA (howbeit untendered) so his hypothetical payday (had he not got such a substantial injury) would not have been that major.



    Hard to know exactly what his payday would have been had he not been injured. If the team had tendered him, I'm betting it would have been a 2nd round tender at $2.746 million. He would probably garner a Tracy Porter/ Jeremy Lane level contract as a UFA (in the 5 million per year, 4 year range). As a 2nd round tendered RFA, he probably is looking at offers in the 3-4 million range.

    If I was to bet on it, I would have bet on him signing the tender and hitting unrestricted free agency in 2018.

    Oh, and you probably realize this, but, since he wasn't tendered, he is no longer a RFA. He is an unrestricted free agent.
    Fire Thom Cable
    User avatar
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1710
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


Re: DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:52 am
  • nash72 wrote:I hope he goes. Shead is the most overrated player on the team.


    Really?

    I thought he had a solid season, far more consistent than Lane, and even Sherman at times.

    CB's are at such a premium now, I could see a team giving Shead a 2-3 year small deal with some guaranteed money just to have him later in 2017 and the next year or two.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 11085
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo
Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:10 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:CB's are at such a premium now, I could see a team giving Shead a 2-3 year small deal with some guaranteed money just to have him later in 2017 and the next year or two.


    I agree. He did well as our primarily targeted CB.
    Fire Thom Cable
    User avatar
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1710
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


Re: DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo
Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:50 am
  • nash72 wrote:I hope he goes. Shead is the most overrated player on the team.

    I thought he actually did pretty well last season. He gave up some plays but he was also very good in the run game and held up in coverage alot of the time. If anything lane needs to go now he just gives up plays constantly.
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1887
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo
Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:53 am
  • For his size and length of experience starting opposite Sherman he did a pretty good job.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


Re: DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo
Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:29 am
  • Is this the same Shead that always had his head turned the wrong way and the guy you always waited to make a play but never seemed to happen? I'm not seeing the love. He did pick off Brady though, so there is that.
    User avatar
    nash72
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 832
    Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:33 am


Re: DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo
Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:40 am
  • nash72 wrote:Is this the same Shead that always had his head turned the wrong way and the guy you always waited to make a play but never seemed to happen? I'm not seeing the love.


    Shead had less yards allowed than Sherman did, and that's with getting thrown at way more.

    IMO he did exactly what we want in our 2nd corner, play solid, don't give up the big plays and allow everyone else to make plays. Just like we got out of guys like Browner and Maxwell. Doesn't need to play spectacular, just do your job.

    Shead did all these things well last year.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 11085
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo
Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:10 pm
  • I'm not sure how he finished the year but PFF had him as a top 10 CB about half way through the season.
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1915
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


Re: DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo
Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:31 pm
  • I thought he played well early in the season and horrible down the stretch,..maybe that knee was bothering him before it blew up.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4158
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo
Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:14 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    nash72 wrote:Is this the same Shead that always had his head turned the wrong way and the guy you always waited to make a play but never seemed to happen? I'm not seeing the love.


    Shead had less yards allowed than Sherman did, and that's with getting thrown at way more.

    IMO he did exactly what we want in our 2nd corner, play solid, don't give up the big plays and allow everyone else to make plays. Just like we got out of guys like Browner and Maxwell. Doesn't need to play spectacular, just do your job.

    Shead did all these things well last year.


    Well Nash is on record saying all the Hawk players and even the staff are mediocre.

    Hell he probably thinks 48 was mediocre.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


Re: DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo
Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:44 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    nash72 wrote:Is this the same Shead that always had his head turned the wrong way and the guy you always waited to make a play but never seemed to happen? I'm not seeing the love.


    Shead had less yards allowed than Sherman did, and that's with getting thrown at way more.

    IMO he did exactly what we want in our 2nd corner, play solid, don't give up the big plays and allow everyone else to make plays. Just like we got out of guys like Browner and Maxwell. Doesn't need to play spectacular, just do your job.

    Shead did all these things well last year.


    Well Nash is on record saying all the Hawk players and even the staff are mediocre.

    Hell he probably thinks 48 was mediocre.


    Can you dig that record out please for us all to see. I'm intrigued now.
    User avatar
    nash72
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 832
    Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:33 am


Re: DeShawn Shead to visit Buffalo
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:28 pm
  • Prior to the injury, I would have said I think the #1 priority for the defense this year was to extend Shead before he gets too expensive. An in-house developed, big, productive, tough hybrid safety/corner. A tad slow for CB, yet he gets the job done even with lots of balls thrown his way. A natural fit for the LOB. He can play #2 corner or either safety position with just a little adjustment. Hope he sticks around this year and returns to form. He left it all on the field for the team, just like Lane in SB49, and Sherman in SB48.
    User avatar
    crosfam
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 333
    Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:45 pm




It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 7:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information