Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Twitter blowing up about Richard Sherman

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Twitter blowing up about Richard Sherman
Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:26 pm
  • Saying Seahawks listening to offers
    dutchcoug
    NET Starter

• yep seen that as well...available for serious offers. Safe to say the dysfunction on this team is real if this is the case...
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• That would be horrible. I hope there is nothing to it. There would be a mutiny in the locker room. If it is true, I wonder if he requested to be traded?
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• It came from a comment Mike Lombardi made on a Ringer podcast discussing the NO/Butler trade discussions.

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status ... 0648866817

It sounded pretty speculative/his opinion to me as opposed to reported fact.
    GO HAWKS!
    JTB
    NET Veteran

• Here's hoping Twitter blows up.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• It's a sad world when our primary form of communication is Twitter.
    Kennedyin92
    NET Starter

• Not a real thing. Lombardi just making stuff up, no accountability these days.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• While I don't think he's being shopped, it's not completely crazy.

1. He's under contract through 2018 only and it's conceivable that he won't get a 3rd contract at 30 years old.
    2. It would clear about 9 M in cap space for 2017 and 13 M from 2018.
    3. It would send a message about who's in charge.
    4. The draft is extremely deep in Seahawk CB's
    GO HAWKS!
    JTB
    NET Veteran

• Replace "loud noises" with "news" and this is Twitter...
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• This is rubbish!
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Hate quoting Bleacher Report but they have some info on the rumor.
    According to The Ringer's Michael Lombardi (h/t NEPatriotsDraft.com's Mike Loyko), "Seattle really would be open to moving Richard Sherman if the offer was serious."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698444-richard-sherman-trade-rumors-seahawks-reportedly-open-to-dealing-star-cb

Personally I think if they could get a couple of high picks or a very good player and pick for him, I don't think it's such a bad idea really. There is no doubt something going on with him last year, and if it's effecting the team as is sure could be, then nobody is that big.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• If history is any indication, it's a bunch of nothing. No one saw, heard the Graham or Harvin X2 trade coming. I think tight lips are mandatory in dealing with JS. Add to that JS stood and defended, professed his love for and then called him elite player I would be shocked.

Lombardi is with the Ringer. No integrity and needing hits.
    Subzero717
    NET Pro Bowler

• The Bill Belichik school of selling high.

What would you let him go for?

If someone offered a 1st and a 2nd, I'd have to press the phone to my shoulder and call Pete into the room.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• FAKE NEWS

Just Lombardi talking out of his southern most orifice.
    Of course the local sports radio hacks are all "giddy" over this nonsense.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Seymour wrote:Hate quoting Bleacher Report but they have some info on the rumor.
    According to The Ringer's Michael Lombardi (h/t NEPatriotsDraft.com's Mike Loyko), "Seattle really would be open to moving Richard Sherman if the offer was serious."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698444-richard-sherman-trade-rumors-seahawks-reportedly-open-to-dealing-star-cb

Personally I think if they could get a couple of high picks or a very good player and pick for him, I don't think it's such a bad idea really. There is no doubt something going on with him last year, and if it's effecting the team as is sure could be, then nobody is that big.

:34853_doh:
    Thanks for reminding me how much I HATE fantasy football and Madden.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Subzero717 wrote:If history is any indication, it's a bunch of nothing. No one saw, heard the Graham or Harvin X2 trade coming. I think tight lips are mandatory in dealing with JS. Add to that JS stood and defended, professed his love for and then called him elite player I would be shocked.

Graham and Harvin both were brought in, and Graham and Harvin were both rumored to be on the block, in fact Peyton said pretty much anyone was negotiable after their crap season. If we were to want to shop Sherm, the Seahawks would have to put word out so all 31 could consider this for their best chance at a good value for him. So eliminating the possibility because the word is out does not make sense IMO.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• I could see this having an effect regardless if this is true or not. Richard could believe the rumors to be true the more it gets flung around to the point where the only way he wouldn't believe it is if there was an actual audio recording of Pete and John saying they wanted to trade him.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:yep saw that as well...available for serious offers. Safe to say the dysfunction on this team is real if this is the case...

Fixed it for you. Sorry pet peeve
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Hate quoting Bleacher Report but they have some info on the rumor.

:34853_doh:
    Thanks for reminding me how much I HATE fantasy football and Madden.

I wouldn't know. I don't play either. I've been a fan since '76, and last season was a despicable showing of sportsmanship by Sherm. Like I said....IF THEY BELIEVE HE IS A PROBLEM to the team.....do it. I doubt that factors in with Madden, but I bet you would know though.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Subzero717 wrote:If history is any indication, it's a bunch of nothing. No one saw, heard the Graham or Harvin X2 trade coming. I think tight lips are mandatory in dealing with JS. Add to that JS stood and defended, professed his love for and then called him elite player I would be shocked.

Graham and Harvin both were brought in, and Graham and Harvin were both rumored to be on the block, in fact Peyton said pretty much anyone was negotiable after their crap season. If we were to want to shop Sherm, the Seahawks would have to put word out so all 31 could consider this for their best chance at a good value for him. So eliminating the possibility because the word is out does not make sense IMO.

Trading Sherm while your Super Bowl window is still open is BEYOND dumb.
    Do you realize how hard good corners are to come by, they don't grow on trees.

Plus if you get rid of Sherm, the cancer (DB) is still there, and you've accomplished nothing except creating a huge hole in your defense for a couple of draft picks that may not amount to squat.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

dutchcoug
    NET Starter

• dutchcoug wrote:

Fake account.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    dutchcoug wrote:

Fake account.

Had a feeling
    dutchcoug
    NET Starter

• dutchcoug wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    dutchcoug wrote:

Fake account.

Had a feeling

What was your first clue?
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• This guy may be a bit more legit??

Seymour
    NET Veteran

• We wouldn't get anything of value for Sherm right now.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

• Twitter and Facebook are the devil!

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Subzero717 wrote:If history is any indication, it's a bunch of nothing. No one saw, heard the Graham or Harvin X2 trade coming. I think tight lips are mandatory in dealing with JS. Add to that JS stood and defended, professed his love for and then called him elite player I would be shocked.

Plus if you get rid of Sherm, the cancer (DB) is still there, and you've accomplished nothing except creating a huge hole in your defense for a couple of draft picks that may not amount to squat.

You are saying Baldwin is the cancer?

Anyway, if someone is a cancer (enough signs are there), then talent is not always going to save them. They may also believe he is on a decline or not likely to sign here again.
    Also, using the Patriots as an example, if Wilson and Pete are still here, our window should not be closing.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:

We traded Harvin and no one I can remember called it.

Even if we put it out there, with a player of Sherms stature I'm sure it would be a quiet move. Im sure it might have happened but I cant think of one situation, where something like this got out. I even remember but cant think of which deal that Schneider mentioned keeping it quiet was appreciated and something he values.

Lets not forget he, as of today, is our only healthy starter quality CB. I get it is a deep draft. None of those guys are NFL starting caliber for sure. Not one do we know for sure. Trying to land Lang, giving Joekel the deal they did, Graham in his last year, Kam, etc they to me seem to be in more of a win this year. They are every year but those are moves to make a run this year. I cant see trading, to quote Schneider, "An elite player." Especially after going that hard at a 30 year OG.
    Subzero717
    NET Pro Bowler

• Subzero717 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Even if we put it out there, with a player of Sherms stature I'm sure it would be a quiet move. Im sure it might have happened but I cant think of one situation, where something like this got out. I even remember but cant think of which deal that Schneider mentioned keeping it quiet was appreciated and something he values.

Lets not forget he, as of today, is our only healthy starter quality CB. I get it is a deep draft. None of those guys are NFL starting caliber for sure. Not one do we know for sure. Trying to land Lang, giving Joekel the deal they did, Graham in his last year, Kam, etc they to me seem to be in more of a win this year. They are every year but those are moves to make a run this year. I cant see trading, to quote Schneider, "An elite player." Especially after going that hard at a 30 year OG.

Bologna. He was up for a couple of weeks. Listen to Rapaport...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000412440/article/seattle-seahawks-trade-percy-harvin-to-new-york-jets
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

You are saying Baldwin is the cancer?

Anyway, if someone is a cancer (enough signs are there), then talent is not always going to save them. They may also believe he is on a decline or not likely to sign here again.
    Also, using the Patriots as an example, if Wilson and Pete are still here, our window should not be closing.

Nope, the OC with the same initials.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• You don't think Baldwin would become a cancer if they traded Sherm?
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Subzero717 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Bologna. He was up for a couple of weeks. Listen to Rapaport...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000412440/article/seattle-seahawks-trade-percy-harvin-to-new-york-jets

Show me something, a tweet, anything that Rapport posted before that staes we were shopping Harvin abd I might buy it. The article itself is on NFL.com whom Rapaport is also employed by calls the transaction "stunning."

It doesn't change the fact he is our only starting quality CB on the roster and elite.
    Last edited by Subzero717 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Subzero717
    NET Pro Bowler

• WHAT? no way. Hes too valueable would be stupid. Hes still a top 5 corner in the league and arguably the best when healthy. Now jimmy graham is the guy they need to be dealing not sherman.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:Nope, the OC with the same initials.

Ya, figured that out after the post. Well on that, I agree and disagree. I agree he is a problem and holds the team back. But disagree he is a cancer. A cancer is an infectious "sore" on the team that spreads throughout the locker room. IMO Bevell doesn't qualify for that, he is just an idiot, which in many ways means Pete is the real problem since he stands by him.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• dutchcoug wrote:

I would take that deal in a heartbeat
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Subzero717 wrote:
    Show me something, a tweet, anything that Rapport posted before that staes we were shopping Harvin abd I might buy it. The article itself is on NFL.com whom Rapaport is also employed by calls the transaction "stunning."

It doesn't change the fact he is our only starting quality CB on the roster and elite.

I'm not searching that anymore, so is what it is. He said on that video interview he was up for a couple of weeks. If that doesn't do it for you, so be it.
    Anyway, yes no more top corners here, but strong in the draft. And a trade could include a corner also. As I stated, if considered a cancer, talent will not always save your job.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• This is the wise Patriots style move. Salary Cap football is what makes this stuff happen. You don't keep guys forever, and that is just a fact. Look at the Pats they got rid of Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy at their peek and all they did was go 28-4 and win two more Superbowls. Get the picks and get young on defense with a young except for Wilson offense.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Teams don't tend to trade high draft picks anymore for older veterans making huge salaries. Except maybe for a QB. Perhaps a playoff contender would be willing to give a low first rounder or two second round draft picks for Sherman, but I think The Seahawks would prefer to keep Sherman over that offer. It would take a top 15 draft pick to entice the Hawks.
    CalgaryHawk
    NET Starter

• This is ridiculous. EVERY player is available for trade offers. If some team is going to come in and offer you a ridiculous amount of value vs. the players value of course it's looked at. Even JJ Watt would have offers heard about him if they were worth while. There is NO player in this league that cannot be traded for the right amount of value.

On the other hand, if the Seahawks are actively calling other teams to look for deals for Sherm, that is a different story altogether. But it sounds to me like this is just nonsensical reporting. You could say this about ANY player.
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran

• "Listening to offers" is a far cry from "shopping him around." We have quite a few good players. I'd assume the FO gets calls all the time with some kind of inquiry about availability of players for dealing.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Every team listens to everyone, they may laugh afterwards but they listen, this is nothing but a bunch of bullshit to get fans riled up, make someone have to explain something or see if they can goad Sherman into saying something that becomes a story.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• This is what I typed in a different chat room...he he he.....I suppose I can troll after all.....

SeahawkFan80: Well ok...for 5 first round picks...3 second round picks and 4 7th round picks...
    SeahawkFan80 3 minutes ago - SeahawkFan80: NO...we will not be trading the Sherminator....
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• If Seattle was to move him, that other team better trade us their entire draft
    Why Not Us?
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• :177692:
    It's also plausible that I will hit the Mega-Millions 100+ million dollar jackpot tomorrow too.
    Remotely likely??? Nope!

Just a couple of goobers desperately begging for clicks.....
    ...and some wonder why I have a pretty strong dislike for sports reporters/sports bloggers/sports writers, generally speaking.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I'm a Saints fan, and I enjoy visiting your board. You guys are a fun group.

Right now we are involved in discussions with New England about Malcom Butler. Apparently, they want a first round pick for him. I don't know any Saints fan willing to give up that much for Butler, its just a stupid idea to give up either our 1st round pick, or the 1st round pick that the Pats gave us for Cooks.

The reason I bring this up is for 2 reasons:
    1) Sean Payton said that we were not going to trade Brandon Cooks, but we were open to listening to offers. We said the same thing about Jimmy Graham. What happened to both of those guys?
    2) If the Saints think giving up a first for a cb, you need to send it to Seattle for Sherman, not to NE for Butler. What has Butler done to deserve a 1st round pick? I can tell you why Richard is worth a 1st.
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie

• El Caliente wrote:I'm a Saints fan, and I enjoy visiting your board. You guys are a fun group.

Right now we are involved in discussions with New England about Malcom Butler. Apparently, they want a first round pick for him. I don't know any Saints fan willing to give up that much for Butler, its just a stupid idea to give up either our 1st round pick, or the 1st round pick that the Pats gave us for Cooks.

The reason I bring this up is for 2 reasons:
    1) Sean Payton said that we were not going to trade Brandon Cooks, but we were open to listening to offers. We said the same thing about Jimmy Graham. What happened to both of those guys?
    2) If the Saints think giving up a first for a cb, you need to send it to Seattle for Sherman, not to NE for Butler. What has Butler done to deserve a 1st round pick? I can tell you why Richard is worth a 1st.

With all due respect, Seattle and NO's operate differently. It's not going to happen but does NO even have the cap room for Sherman? I thought they were in cap hell, that's why they traded Cooks and Graham?

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• The only cancer on this team is falling short of the Super Bowl. The players are frustrated because they know they could be there perennially if not for a handful of bad plays and an injury or two. They're passionate, they want to win, and they're used to being affirmed as individuals by Pete so they speak their minds.

The present malcontent is nothing that another ring wouldn't cure.

As far as Sherman...the Seahawks would probably trade Russell Wilson if the price were high enough (as in a 1st, a 2nd, next year's 1st, and maybe a backup CB thrown in). Doesn't mean it's gonna happen. I've been wrong before, and there's always That One Stupid Team, but I'd question whether anyone would want to pick up Sherman's attitude right no. That mouth of his has glued him to the Seahawks.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Next

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:01 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information