Seahawks sign OG Oday Aboushi

Hyak

Reaction score
Per Aaron Wilson

Former Texans guard Oday Aboushi signed a one-year contract with the Seahawks, according to a source

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Wow...the Seahawks have been very active this offseason. I haven't seen this much activity since Pete/John's first season in Seattle. They are not signing high priced guys but getting a lot of guys...competition and depth type of signings mostly.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
Clearly they are adding competition to some problem areas and in a way that doesn't commit long term dollars to folks. It's low risk/high reward.

I am really interested to see how they juggle the OL pieces together, especially if they add someone like Clady to the mix who strictly is a LT.

Jville

Reaction score
25 years young

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Oday_Aboushi75/status/842868045429186560[/tweet]

nash72

Reaction score
I like it. I would like Clady more though.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Clady really wasn't good last year even when healthy, which he's struggled with lately. If they didn't sign him I'd say there's a good reason.

Interesting that they've been looking at and picking up guards though.

sutz

Reaction score
Archer":32ecsw6l said:
Clady really wasn't good last year even when healthy, which he's struggled with lately. If they didn't sign him I'd say there's a good reason.

Interesting that they've been looking at and picking up guards though.
Well, if you're really trying to improve the running game, guards are probably more valuable than tackles. ;)

James in PA

Reaction score
db8a87c520b26eb9b7821b87a7629ec2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

naholmes

Reaction score
He was a left tackle in college, whose to say he is strictly a guard. This guy might be a pain in the butt though getting a substance violation and let go by two teams in three years despite being a cheap starter. If he doesn't get popped for weed again it appears to be a very solid signing.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Liked Aboushi coming out as he reminded me of Breno, while he hasn't played well in terms of teams committing to him, he has starting exp, exp on teams that have high priorities in establishing quality Running Games with the Jets and Texans.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I'm so cynical now my checklist looks like this:

Did Cable want the player? If yes he sucks.

kf3339

Reaction score
Any veteran O-Line help with starting experience is welcome, especially if they don't suck. Not sure if this is the case, or not. But at least he isn't a converted D-line or basketball player. That is a positive in itself!

nash72

Reaction score
kf3339":2aqlx7c4 said:
Any veteran O-Line help with starting experience is welcome, especially if they don't suck. Not sure if this is the case, or not. But at least he isn't a converted D-line or basketball player. That is a positive in itself!

Exactly. Anything is an upgrade at this point.

mistaowen

Reaction score
This is exactly what I was hoping for going into the off season. Churning the roster for depth and hoping to find potential starters. Bring a bunch of people in who at one point have started in the NFL or have shown the ability to play at that level and let everyone fight it out for a roster spot. O-line seems to be one group being churned, same with RB. Defense clearly will be a heavy focus in the draft.

Good stuff.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Here was his NFL.com combine profile heading into the 2013 Draft ...

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/oday-aboushi?id=2539331

Good overall measureables ... 6'5" 308 lbs ... HUGE hands (10 5/8") ... and nice wingspan (33 7/8"). I'd say there's potential there, as it sounds like he's got some skill as a run blocker. To land a guy like this who's only 25 years old ... and get him at a rock bottom price? Very nice work there Mr. Schneider. Very nice work. :2thumbs:

bighawk

Reaction score
I like this signing because of his versatility he can play guard or tackle plus he played for run based teams the jets and Texans. Very aggressive according to his bio I think he Pushes Glow for his job.

kobebryant

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3cm2hj7i said:
Seahawks spending some green on St. Patty's day!! :irishdrinkers:

On a guy named O'day :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: