Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Is Marshawn intentionally trying to screw the Hawks?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • According to Gary Payton (as per Cris Carter), Marshawn has been training for a while and is absolutely going to be playing for the Raiders.
    SixSeahawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 151
    Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:23 pm


  • Just hand the ball off to him. Two straight SB victories. Much of the current problems result from this one play. Hand him the friggin ball. That is all.
    User avatar
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3305
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:47 pm
    Location: In Bruges



  • Not re-reading the whole thread to see if this has been posted.

    Worth the read/look if you haven't seen it.
    http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... 42068.html
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 15469
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


  • brimsalabim wrote:He wasn't the same in 2015 because our offensive line sucked.


    Rawls ran for 5.6 per carry behind that 2015 line. Marshawn, 3.8.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2051
    Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:45 pm


  • Marshawn Lynch is yesterdays news, he is truly washed up and doesn't have anything left to give to the NFL and more specifically to the Oakland Raiders. If he were to show up in Seattle today and say he wanted to come back and play for us, I would recommend that they pass on that offer at any price, because it would be a loosing proposition for Seattle.

    Don't make a bunch of excuses for why Marshawn sucked so bad his last couple of seasons with the Hawks. I love the guy as much as any fan could, but like every other running back in NFL history, he took a hell of a beating, and played longer than he should have and cost us big the last couple of years he was with us because he knew he was finished and we did too, but kept hoping against all hopes we were wrong.

    Yes our offensive line was lacking last season, they were youngsters in transaction and any running back would have been challenged trying to put together much success in a running game with the rookie mistakes they were making. But Marshawn was sucking with our good offensive line out there killing themselves trying to make it work for him. He lost it like all RB's eventually do.

    If he wants to come out of retirement and bleed Oakland for a few million more to help fund his projects in the projects, then I say Seattle should cut the sweetest deal for ourselves and cut his arse loose to go play again. He won't do Chit for Oakland, that's just reality therapy for us all.

    Now Lacy, that's the real deal there, that kid is gonna blow some stuff up in 2017 for Seattle Seahawks. He is what Marshawn used to be and maybe even more. I remember thinking how damn lucky GB was to have acquired a natural like him. There are some problems there to, if there weren't, Pete wouldn't have gotten his hands on him for Seattle. You can bet Pete has answers for him in his bag of tricks, he has a real knack of getting the right players at the right time and dealing with their "issues" whatever they may be.

    It will be interesting to see where things go with all our other RB. Guess time will tell. I'm already getting juiced up for 2017-2018 season. It's gonna be a good one, you can bet your ass on that ;).
    I am a tried and true Seattle Seahawks 12th man, as are all of my children and grandchildren. I wholeheartedly believe that the 12th man, is the true heart and soul of the Seahawks. As goes the 12th man, so go the Seahawks. The Seahawks are only as strong as their true Heart & Soul.
    User avatar
    pacific101
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 191
    Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:49 pm
    Location: Florence, Oregon


  • pacific101 wrote:Marshawn Lynch is yesterdays news, he is truly washed up and doesn't have anything left to give to the NFL and more specifically to the Oakland Raiders. If he were to show up in Seattle today and say he wanted to come back and play for us, I would recommend that they pass on that offer at any price, because it would be a loosing proposition for Seattle.

    Don't make a bunch of excuses for why Marshawn sucked so bad his last couple of seasons with the Hawks. I love the guy as much as any fan could, but like every other running back in NFL history, he took a hell of a beating, and played longer than he should have and cost us big the last couple of years he was with us because he knew he was finished and we did too, but kept hoping against all hopes we were wrong.

    Yes our offensive line was lacking last season, they were youngsters in transaction and any running back would have been challenged trying to put together much success in a running game with the rookie mistakes they were making. But Marshawn was sucking with our good offensive line out there killing themselves trying to make it work for him. He lost it like all RB's eventually do.

    If he wants to come out of retirement and bleed Oakland for a few million more to help fund his projects in the projects, then I say Seattle should cut the sweetest deal for ourselves and cut his arse loose to go play again. He won't do Chit for Oakland, that's just reality therapy for us all.

    Now Lacy, that's the real deal there, that kid is gonna blow some stuff up in 2017 for Seattle Seahawks. He is what Marshawn used to be and maybe even more. I remember thinking how damn lucky GB was to have acquired a natural like him. There are some problems there to, if there weren't, Pete wouldn't have gotten his hands on him for Seattle. You can bet Pete has answers for him in his bag of tricks, he has a real knack of getting the right players at the right time and dealing with their "issues" whatever they may be.

    It will be interesting to see where things go with all our other RB. Guess time will tell. I'm already getting juiced up for 2017-2018 season. It's gonna be a good one, you can bet your ass on that ;).


    Jesus, enshrine him in the Hall of Fame and Ring of Honor now, start printing MVP and OFPOTY, Lacy really does walk on water and doesn't get splash back when he pees either, Chuck Norris envies him.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 20831
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • MS gave the Hawks what he had, until he didn't have it. If he decides to come back there is zero chance the Hawks pay him 9M. Let him walk. Cut him if that's what he wants. Again, he gave us Hawks fans everything we wanted and had enough in reserve to give us a second helping, but coaches decisions got in the way.

    My opinion as a life long hawk fan is, if he wants to play for the Raiders at the tail end of his career, let him. He gave everything he had when he was here and provided a Lombardi trophy.
    irocdave
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1376
    Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:24 pm


  • ^^^^ This.

    You can't really screw somebody if you don't have anything they want, and Lynch doesn't have anything the Hawks want.
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4005
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


  • irocdave wrote:MS gave the Hawks what he had, until he didn't have it. If he decides to come back there is zero chance the Hawks pay him 9M. Let him walk. Cut him if that's what he wants. Again, he gave us Hawks fans everything we wanted and had enough in reserve to give us a second helping, but coaches decisions got in the way.

    My opinion as a life long hawk fan is, if he wants to play for the Raiders at the tail end of his career, let him. He gave everything he had when he was here and provided a Lombardi trophy.


    Why strengthen a potential rival? I love BM but I'd make him jump through the hoops for this. I'd be starting with his signing bonus that we paid out in good faith.
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2235
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


  • UK_Seahawk wrote:
    irocdave wrote:MS gave the Hawks what he had, until he didn't have it. If he decides to come back there is zero chance the Hawks pay him 9M. Let him walk. Cut him if that's what he wants. Again, he gave us Hawks fans everything we wanted and had enough in reserve to give us a second helping, but coaches decisions got in the way.

    My opinion as a life long hawk fan is, if he wants to play for the Raiders at the tail end of his career, let him. He gave everything he had when he was here and provided a Lombardi trophy.


    Why strengthen a potential rival? I love BM but I'd make him jump through the hoops for this. I'd be starting with his signing bonus that we paid out in good faith.


    Not a Rival anymore, different conference and if he is going to go somewhere else a different conference is preferable.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 20831
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • From the most recent Tweets I've been seeing over the past 24/48 hours about Marshawn, it seems like this whole thing was more on him, and not so much on the Raiders side.

    Sure if Lynch was an unrestricted FA, the Raiders would probably love to sign him to a lowball one year deal, have him come into camp and compete to see if he has anything left.

    But from the stories I've been reading and hearing, they're hesitant to;

    - compensate the Hawks
    - pay Marshawn what he'd want
    - deal with him not wanting to come to OTA's and even training camp

    Me thinks the Raiders are now learning what we dealt with for so long, Lynch only wants to do things on his terms.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 11105
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • kobebryant wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:He wasn't the same in 2015 because our offensive line sucked.


    Rawls ran for 5.6 per carry behind that 2015 line. Marshawn, 3.8.


    Yup. Lynch was not the same that season. How much of his decline was physical and how much was his apathy toward the team, PC, the Front Office, etc., who knows?

    Watching him in Training Camp before that last season was annoying as hell. The guy was clowning out there all the time. Definitely wasn't into it.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 905
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


  • seabowl wrote:I like the rest of you love what Marshawn brought to and did for this team. With that said IMO I think the way this scenario is playing out, he is intentionally trying to get one over on the Hawks. Why after one day after the Hawks sign Eddie Lacy, who will more likely be our lead back, does Marshawn wanting to come out of retirement surface? It looks like he waited for us to sign someone else knowing that we lose leverage in trading him for compensation once we did land a featured back. Teams know now that with Lacy, Prosise and Rawls we won't take on another back especially one with huge compensation that he is due.

    Timing is everything here and with his wanting to return one day after we sign Lacy makes it clear to me that he wanted to hurt the Hawks by decreasing the trade leverage big time.



    This is blasphemy you are no longer a Seahawk Fan LOL. You know if Marshawn wants to play as a Raider I say let him this might be one of the only things he dreamed of as a boy, It's cool to fulfill your dreams.
    onepicknick
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 53
    Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:56 am


  • chris98251 wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:
    irocdave wrote:MS gave the Hawks what he had, until he didn't have it. If he decides to come back there is zero chance the Hawks pay him 9M. Let him walk. Cut him if that's what he wants. Again, he gave us Hawks fans everything we wanted and had enough in reserve to give us a second helping, but coaches decisions got in the way.

    My opinion as a life long hawk fan is, if he wants to play for the Raiders at the tail end of his career, let him. He gave everything he had when he was here and provided a Lombardi trophy.


    Why strengthen a potential rival? I love BM but I'd make him jump through the hoops for this. I'd be starting with his signing bonus that we paid out in good faith.


    Not a Rival anymore, different conference and if he is going to go somewhere else a different conference is preferable.



    Are you suggesting i still think it's the 80s or do you not know what the word potential means?
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2235
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


Previous


It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 5:10 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online