Predict the Starting Offensive Line By Position

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Mods, if you want to combine this thread with another O Line thread then do so. However I think it'd be interesting to see where the .Netters think we're at now. We've obviously seen Pete and John realize how bad the line was last year (despite the verbal diarrhea of praise we've heard them give last year's group). They two guys they've signed both have potential to play multiple positions. So here's what I'm thinking right now:

LT: Joeckel (Fant or Odhiambo as backup)
LG: Glowinski (Odhiambo)
C: Britt (Aboushi and Hunt)
RG: Aboushi (Odhiambo)
RT: Ifedi (Gilliam)

That's nine offensive lineman on the roster right now. I fully expect them to draft a tackle in the first three rounds (five picks in those rounds). I don't expect Gilliam to be on this team next year, but he's there if there are no further additions made.

I am in the camp of Fant being the tackle OF THE FUTURE. I was really frustrated as a fan last year watching him struggle, but I also think that we saw a pretty big amount of progress with him. Having said that, the Gilliam experiment scared me (and hopefully the front office as well). He definitely didn't progress last year, and they can't afford to but their LT position in the same boat next year.

Would love to see Ramczyk or Bolles drafted and kick Joeckel to guard (then have Joeckel, Glow and Aboushi duke it out for the two starting guard spots). Or they could draft Lamp and have him at left guard leaving Glow and Aboushi to battle on the right side. I do not think that Cam Robinson is a fit for this team. He's my dream:

Bolles/Ramczyk, Glowinski, Britt, Joeckel, Ifedi

Thoughts? How off am I?

nanomoz

Reaction score
Zero change to the interior:

Week one: Fant (LT), Glowinski (LG), Britt (C), Ifedi (RG), Odihambo (RT)

Week five: Joeckel (LT), Glowinski (LG), Britt (C), Ifedi (RG), 4th/5th-round draft pick (RT)

getnasty

Reaction score
LT-Joeckel LG-Glowenski C-Britt RG-Ifedi RT-Bolles

bighawk

Reaction score
To early to say but as of right know. My guess Is Fant, Joekel, Britt, Abushi, Ifedi. I don't believe they Paid Joekel 7 million guaranteed to sit on the bench. I don't care but whoever is the best 5.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
The O-line did get somewhat better the last 6 games. Defense is my concern if we can't get back the mojo we had on D none of this matters. RB and Defense that's where we have to improve the O-line is what it is I don't expect they draft O-line early or make many changes from the starting lineup that was in place the last 4 games.

chris98251

Reaction score

I think this may be closest to who starts, but I would not bet on positions, oh and with signing two FA lineman and the embracing youth and now giving them some time now to get better with a lack of real good products this draft, I don't see us drafting a Lineman.

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":1hbttwyi said:

I think this may be closest to who starts, but I would not bet on positions, oh and with signing two FA lineman and the embracing youth and now giving them some time now to get better with a lack of real good products this draft, I don't see us drafting a Lineman.
This. No way Bolles, Lamp or the other good tackle drops to us. We will do the right thing and draft defense first and heavy and pick up a running back in the 3rd maybe 4th round (if we trade at least one of our 3rd round picks which is probable).

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
With the roster as it sits, Joeckel, Glowinski, Britt, Ifedi and Odihambo.

I still believe they will get Clady really cheap, so a possibility would be Clady, Joeckel, Britt, Glowinski and Ifedi. It's so hard to say, Odihambo is a real wildcard for me. They said they want to keep Ifedi at guard, so I cannot tell how they feel about glow.

naholmes

Reaction score
LT Joeckel when healthy else Fant
LG Glowinski
C Britt
RG Aboushi
RT Ifedi

penihawk

Reaction score
Moving Ifedi to RT scares me more than having Fant play LT again. I don't think we are gonna have any idea on this til we see who all the candidates are gonna be and which ones are able to actually crawl off the training table and get on the field for opening day.

For all the freaking out about the OL, we still managed to rank 12th in yds and 19th in pts with a hurt QB & a mash unit backfield. I think it gets better this year regardless.