Reaction score
pmedic920":2azh5zdt said:
Wenhawk":2azh5zdt said:
1. Improve the running game.

2. Improve pass rush, especially up the middle

3. Coverages and communication in the secondary

What you talkin' bout Willis?

Splain yourself a lil bit, por fa vor.
Changed the title to help. Provide your thoughts on your top 3 areas we need to improve in 2017 to win it all.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Wenhawk":39rzg21r said:
pmedic920":39rzg21r said:
Wenhawk":39rzg21r said:

Changed the title to help. Provide your thoughts on your top 3 areas we need to improve in 2017 to win it all.

Well, I like most, think the O-line should be a top priority.

I won't pretend that I have "thee" answer for the O-line. It's possible that another training camp will improve things but I'm not convinced.

The thing I find curious with your list is, you don't mention the O-line but place improve the running game @ #1.

Do you think we can improve the running game without doing something with the line?

I don't necessarily disagree with your list but I do think you've left a very important need off of it.

I also think having ETIII back will take care of your #3.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
My thought is, if the team can run the ball well then our offense will roll. Fix the run game (OL, RB, FB, coaching/scheme) and we will control more of our games.

Josea16

Reaction score
`
Wenhawk":19k8y1nz said:
pmedic920":19k8y1nz said:
Wenhawk":19k8y1nz said:

1. OL
2. Run game
3. Health

We get the run going and the TOP advantage game over, and the rest takes care of itself organically. Both the defense and offense are built to run downhill. That starts by being able to run the ball and control the clock and going for the deep strike when the opportunity presents itself. We definitely are trying to improve 1/2 though FA. Lucky for us number 4(reload the defense because Atlanta isn't going away and getting better on defense via Dontari Poe) is totally doable via this draft.

Kansas City isn't going to like how their defense is going to drop without Poe. But I don't care because I'm not a Chiefs fan and love when the AFC sucks especially the AFCW. Call me bitter and deal with it.:)

RockinHawks

Reaction score
1. Secondary coverage and communication - this will also be helped a lot with more pressure up front. The communication issue, in my mind, has to come from the DC, who I thought did a sub-par job last season. Also, the lack of depth, and the lack of playing time with our depth players leads to poor communication late in the season when they have to spot start, etc.

2. Pass protection

3. Run game

I'm deeply concerned with our depth in the secondary and on the DL. We need more pass rushers, both on the edges and from the DT's. Hopefully Quentin Jefferson can make some strides this TC, as he has a nice skill-set at the DT position. Having one or two rotational players on the edge or from the LEO will help immeasurably. I'm not a big Cassius Marsh fan, he continues to do dumb things whenever he gets a chance to make a play. Other than that, he's always a step behind.

Backup safety (for Earl) is a big need. Drafting someone now who can get some playing time in certain situations, and take over when Earl decides to hang it up, is a must. I'm not much of a talent evaluator, but guys like Melifonwu, Maye, Josh Jones, Eddie Jackson, Fabian Moreau all look like studs who can instinctively cover ground and make plays, and a couple of those guys could handle the SS position as well.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
1. Improve TD to FG ratio in the redzone. 7s not 3s
2. Increase plus turnover differential. Preferably +10 to +25.
3. Get at least 1 serviceable Tackle (preferably left).
3b. Increased Oline cohesiveness (could happen if #3 is in effect)

Largent80

Reaction score
SAM linebacker play. It's obvious since Irvin left.

Our safety depth is now basically gone.

A starting CB.

The incredibly obvious O-Line.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
1. Run Game (although that could encompass RB or OL upgrades)

2. Secondary. We've been struggling since Maxwell left. We need the #2 CB position locked down. Also need to add quality at Safety. The defensive numbers when one or more of Thomas/Chancellor/Sherman are out of the lineup is staggering. We go from top 3 defense to middle 10 defense or worse. And we should expect availability of all those three to continue to be in question as they age and wear. Next man up theory doesn't and hasn't applied for two years running.

3. Cap turnover talent. This run in the next 5 seasons is going to be fueled by predrafting ahead of need. 2018 is going to see us say goodbye to a lot of quality players. Whether that's 2-3 starters, or 5-6 is going to depend on what we get in the talent pipeline this year.

2018 UFA:

Big deals (figure one or two are retained):

Britt
Graham
Chancellor
Joeckel

Smaller deals (figure 3 are retained):

Richardson
Willson
Rawls
Gilliam
Marsh

2019:

Big deals (probably two to three retained)

Avril
Thomas
Wright
Sherman
Clark
Lockett

Smaller deals (2-4 retained)

Fant
McEvoy
Elliott
Glowinski
Kearse

and any 1 year rentals signed in 2018

It's pretty obvious that Seattle has to start reloading now. Not only to allow for development. But also to be able to assess whether or not the ones we picked are going to work out.

We're not merely in a 'what do we need today' phase of the roster. We're now squarely in a sustainability phase. The draft is about the future, not about today.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3f9rjx7p said:
It's pretty obvious that Seattle has to start reloading now. Not only to allow for development. But also to be able to assess whether or not the ones we picked are going to work out.

We're not merely in a 'what do we need today' phase of the roster. We're now squarely in a sustainability phase. The draft is about the future, not about today.

Thanks for bringing this up, one of the reasons I'm thinking we are trading down to get extra draft picks. Not going to get my heart set on anyone in the draft. Was really hoping for Obi Melifonwu though.

HawkGA

Reaction score
1) More frequently scoring more points than the other team.
2) More games broadcast in the Denver area
3) More screen time for the Sea Gals

Seymour

Reaction score
Just one area needs to improve.

Our Superbowl record of 1-2.

toffee

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2z0l1nfz said:

This

If we could run the ball with some proficiency, our passing game will come alive. If our pass rush improves, that would take pressure off the backfield.

ivotuk

Reaction score
HawkGA":1987i8s2 said:

Ding ding ding!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":vez4st2g said:
HawkGA":vez4st2g said:

Ding ding ding!
Nope, the commish wants these games played faster. No time for frivolous chest ogling of the SeaGals by us TV viewers. I'm telling you, he wants games in 4 Sunday time slots instead of 3.

Latest posts