Disappointed with free agency? I'm not...

original poster

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of fans and media analysts mocking, disapproving and feeling disappointed with our free agency moves to date.

For me, personally, I think our FO have done a great job.

We've picked up o line talent to come in and fight for a spot. Couple that with the obvious fact our current players are working hard this offseason says to me we will, at the very least, be heading in the right direction. Dare I say we could even have a more than serviceable line in 2017! Let's be honest, with our franchise QB that's all we need.

I LOVE the Eddie Lacy pickup and think it will be one of, if not the best FA pickup in the league. We got the 2013 ROY for an average salary, join him with Rawls and Procise and we have a killer combo IMO.

It seems we've focussed on giving ourselves the ability to go D heavy in this years loaded draft.

I'd like to see a couple more pickups, maybe a DT or an o lineman that gets cut in June and also resign Marcel Reese but we have set ourselves up well to go BPA (for a position of need) and have great flexibility for the draft. I see us picking up no less than 3 2017 starters this year, with 4, maybe 5 not being totally out of the question.

Let's hope for less injuries in 2017 and a hell of a season.

Go hawks!

Josea16

Reaction score
original poster":3atexgks said:
I've heard a lot of fans and media analysts mocking, disapproving and feeling disappointed with our free agency moves to date.

For me, personally, I think our FO have done a great job.

We've picked up o line talent to come in and fight for a spot. Couple that with the obvious fact our current players are working hard this offseason says to me we will, at the very least, be heading in the right direction. Dare I say we could even have a more than serviceable line in 2017! Let's be honest, with our franchise QB that's all we need.

I LOVE the Eddie Lacy pickup and think it will be one of, if not the best FA pickup in the league. We got the 2013 ROY for an average salary, join him with Rawls and Procise and we have a killer combo IMO.

It seems we've focussed on giving ourselves the ability to go D heavy in this years loaded draft.

I'd like to see a couple more pickups, maybe a DT or an o lineman that gets cut in June and also resign Marcel Reese but we have set ourselves up well to go BPA (for a position of need) and have great flexibility for the draft. I see us picking up no less than 3 2017 starters this year, with 4, maybe 5 not being totally out of the question.

Go hawks!
You're on target sir. We're going defense heavy in the draft. We're a painfully young offense....
Even Wilson is young for a quarterback. Reload the defense given it's getting a bit old, luckily for us this draft is absolutely loaded at positions of need concerning the Seahawks.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
original poster":23fz4ggz said:

This right here.

[edit to add actual content, sort of]
All last year we said, and I agree, that if the O-line were only to reach the lofty goal of 'slightly below average' we would stand a chance of being the best team in the NFC. I believe the year-to-year growth of the rank amateurs we had last year, with the FA additions being made, will allow us to finally become what we would have settled for last year. Go Hawks!
:irishdrinkers:

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Over the last 3 years, we've gone from having one of the most expensive O-lines in the league to one of the least expensive. Tough choices. A difficult -- but required -- move if we wanted to keep some of our D stars signed up for the long haul. Salary cap necessitated making choices. That we've remained a playoff caliber team is indeed a credit to the FO and coaching staff.

And I hate to use injuries as an excuse but without being riddled with key guys going down would have landed us a #2 seed, a first round bye and a home playoff game against Atlanta. Win that and we host a banged up Packer team. So I really don't think we need to be making huge changes in the off-season.

We've taken some calculated risks in the FA market this Spring, but if Lacy and Joeckel stay healthy and play near their (very high) potential, we've upgraded the Offense. I think we'll see improvement in some of the young O-line guys as they get more experience, and play more as a unit. Let's hope so.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
original poster":1yd1icxj said:

Go hawks!

You foresee drafting between 3-5 defensive starters? Or starters overall?

My question is, what positions do you see them at? I'd say SAM most likely, hopefully CB, but even that might be a stretch.

This also requires "hitting" on a lot more draft picks than the FO has pulled off in all of the drafts since 2012. Hopefully they can do this, but...will they?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Just remember every single penny spent so far in 2017, will come back to the Seahawks in 2018.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":topcj2cc said:
original poster":topcj2cc said:

Go hawks!

You foresee drafting between 3-5 defensive starters? Or starters overall?

My question is, what positions do you see them at? I'd say SAM most likely, hopefully CB, but even that might be a stretch.

This also requires "hitting" on a lot more draft picks than the FO has pulled off in all of the drafts since 2012. Hopefully they can do this, but...will they?

I'm talking starters overall for reference. Although would love 3-5 on D!