For all of you RW weight watchers...

Ozzy

Reaction score
Not worried about Wilson at all. He's proven that he works as hard as anyone.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Wilson is a lot of things, but lazy and uncommitted to being a great QB isn't one of them.

So I don't buy the fat hype at all, he'll be ready to roll come camp time.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score

Seahwkgal

Reaction score

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The fat jokes about him on this board are outrageous.

It's the offseason, his wife is pregnant, let the guy enjoy life a bit, he's about to be a father. Come July he'll be in great shape as usual

Seymour

Reaction score
Hopefully watching Dak take over his spot in the Pro Bowl and highlight reel will help propel him to a better season.

Largent80

Reaction score
Seymour":12cwnt86 said:
Hopefully watching Dak take over his spot in the Pro Bowl and highlight reel will help propel him to a better season.

Oh man, that REALLY matters doesn't it.?... :roll:

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":ai21o8ra said:
Seymour":ai21o8ra said:

Oh man, that REALLY matters doesn't it.?... :roll:

You better believe it matters to Russell! :roll: :roll:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He did come into last season overweight and you cannot spin it.He may not have been fat but was slower which probaly got him hurt.I hope he is getting into shape and back to his regular playing weight.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Meanwhile Roethlisberger comes in fat and overweight annually...and we're concerned about Russel's weight being a factor? Moving on...quickly now

Ozzy

Reaction score
IndyHawk":m554pqnt said:
He did come into last season overweight and you cannot spin it.He may not have been fat but was slower which probaly got him hurt.I hope he is getting into shape and back to his regular playing weight.

I think he tried to bulk up to withstand punishment and it didn't pay off. I think he plays lighter this year to get his speed back.

Seymour

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":1c8xu1kv said:
Meanwhile Roethlisberger comes in fat and overweight annually...and we're concerned about Russel's weight being a factor? Moving on...quickly now

Roethlisberger's weight has no effect on their run game. Different type QB, and apples to crab apples.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":3n9xw5oe said:

Russ is not Big Ben.
Big Ben doesn't rely on speed to stay alive.
For whatever reason, Russ was a step or two slower last year, even before he got hurt.
I hope he can get that speed back.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":37fvx50c said:

Come on back quickly now cause Roethlisberger doesn't need his speed and quickness to run and be an effective QB.

In fact, of all 32 QB's in the league, Russell is probably #1 when it comes to needing his speed and quickness to be successful.

So weight matters for Russell, a lot.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":3oh07sfh said:

LOL always someone who has to try to put a negative spin on something positive. LOL I am pretty sure being healthy is all it will take, but thanks for well nothing

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1fva84ug said:
CHawkTailGator":1fva84ug said:

Come on back quickly now cause Roethlisberger doesn't need his speed and quickness to run and be an effective QB.

In fact, of all 32 QB's in the league, Russell is probably #1 when it comes to needing his speed and quickness to be successful.

So weight matters for Russell, a lot.

Yeah but most of that is because he has the worse oline in the league, Given him a good oline and he would not need to run, So it is not that he needs his speed, but this team does because they refuse to get him an oline, at least so far

Seymour

Reaction score
Anthony!":2jwibqfs said:
Seymour":2jwibqfs said:

LOL always someone who has to try to put a negative spin on something positive. LOL I am pretty sure being healthy is all it will take, but thanks for well nothing

A negative spin? Russell loves the spotlight, and motivation to getting back under it (where I believe he belongs) is a positive motive to improve. That helps the team, and that helps him. Why is that negative, because you don't like reading Dak played better last year? You'll need to get over it, it will likely happen again.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":b6gvboq2 said:
Anthony!":b6gvboq2 said:
Seymour":b6gvboq2 said:

A negative spin? Russell loves the spotlight, and motivation to getting back under it (where I believe he belongs) is a positive motive to improve. That helps the team, and that helps him. Why is that negative, because you don't like reading Dak played better last year? You'll need to get over it, it will likely happen again.

LOL Yeah I have a problem reading about a QB who played better while healthy all year, with one of the best olines in the league, one of the best Wr in the league, a HOF TE, and one of the best RBs in the league. LOL Thanks for proving my point and making me laugh.