Games to watch to see how our oline was last season

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sheesh, I think it is telling that some are all harping on how offensive our Offensive Line was last season. Well, I happen to have most of all last seasons games on dvd. I have recorded or cleared a couple out as they seemed unimportant. But to get to the juxtaposition of the main point, TELL ME WHAT GAMES TO WATCH THAT WILL PROVE YOUR POINT THAT OUR LINE WAS GARBAGE ALL FREAKING GAME.

I shall evaluate by plays each game and give you the same (oops) breakdown you give the players. I edited my sentence.

Kinda disgusted with the fact that all yall think every thing that happens on this team is perfection or bust. NO learning curves allowed. Fant stayed in town to learn the position and a quaint selection of fans are up in bitch ville not looking.

I am only a fan and want to see what some here I respect think. Those are becoming few and far between.

go hawks

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
You basically have 18 games to choose from. The lone exception being Detroit :lol:

RussB

Reaction score
The bucs game stands out to me right away, that game was just humiliating for the offense. Thats the first thing i thought of. First rams game was also really bad. Cardinals games were bad as well. Really most of them except a few. But id say those were some of the worst i can remember.

Seymour

Reaction score
We all think it's perfection or bust? Hardly.

All I ever asked for was something close to an average Oline. 15th even 20th ranked oline would be an awesome improvement, and would have completely changed last season, including the D that finally caved.

nwHawk

Reaction score
If you wanted 15th, all we had to do was keep Sowell off the field. :2thumbs:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
If you want an objective, fully informed opinion, you kinda need to watch every game.

chris98251

Reaction score
I watched them last year, don't think they improved any since then by rewatching them again :)

OpHawk

Reaction score
The Bucs game. That game was an abomination. It became apparent to me in that game that they were not contending in 2016.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3sbn0xib said:
You basically have 18 games to choose from. The lone exception being Detroit :lol:

The Carolina game: It will be hard to find problems with any part of our offense. 534 total yards, yielded 1 QB sack, gave up 1 turnover, and we punted just once in the entire game while thumping them 40-7?

But that was one of the few exceptions. For the most part, the OL sucked along with the rest of the offense, particularly on the road. 3 of our 8 road games resulted in zero TD's, in the Saints game our only offensive TD was set up by a gadget play, and the only TD scored vs. the Packers came during garbage time halfway through the 4th quarter. That's 5 shameful performances in 8 road games, not to mention the thumping the Falcons gave us in the playoffs. Absolutely pitiful.

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":1xjr8aap said:
I watched them last year, don't think they improved any since then by rewatching them again :)

Dang....zing. My opinion may change tho. If something changes then I am not craycray....but then again maybe that dont matter. :p

Riverdog....I think that is what I was looking for.

One of the things I am going to be looking for is stunts and Dline packed against our oline. 5-5 is ok, 6 or 7 on 5 is overpacked. Shall put my evaluation/opinion on here as a 3 game set for perusal.

Ozzy

Reaction score
When you end your post with "there are few I respect on here" It's hard to take your post seriously.

I can't remember anyone thinking its bust or perfection. I would take a line ranked in the 20's at this point and I think that would be good enough to get back to the SB with how the rest of the roster is constructed. Pick any game and tell me they weren't terrible. There is a reason they were ranked historically bad based on almost every metric....they were just flat out terrible. I'm tired of seeing Wilson have to run for his life and it cost him a prime of his career season last year, I don't want to waste too many more. Maybe wanting the line to improve makes me a terrible fan. If so I don't really care.

mikeak

Reaction score
Watch the teams that puts pressure on us and knows us - Rams and Arizona games then add the Tampa game

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I would say Tampa Bay and New Orleans.
Those are not elite defenses.
I expect to struggle against the Cards and Rams because of their defenses.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":eoruljhy said:
Sheesh, I think it is telling that some are all harping on how offensive our Offensive Line was last season. Well, I happen to have most of all last seasons games on dvd. I have recorded or cleared a couple out as they seemed unimportant. But to get to the juxtaposition of the main point, TELL ME WHAT GAMES TO WATCH THAT WILL PROVE YOUR POINT THAT OUR LINE WAS GARBAGE ALL FREAKING GAME.

I shall evaluate by plays each game and give you the same (oops) breakdown you give the players. I edited my sentence.

Kinda disgusted with the fact that all yall think every thing that happens on this team is perfection or bust. NO learning curves allowed. Fant stayed in town to learn the position and a quaint selection of fans are up in bitch ville not looking.

I am only a fan and want to see what some here I respect think. Those are becoming few and far between.

go hawks

Dude they were ranked dead last or near dead last in pass blocking last year by every site that ranks that. Enough said!!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
WmHBonney":35f2g2l1 said:
I would say Tampa Bay and New Orleans.
Those are not elite defenses.
I expect to struggle against the Cards and Rams because of their defenses.

They were solid against New England and Philadelphia as well.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Anthony!":3cacgjol said:
Dude they were ranked dead last or near dead last in pass blocking last year by every site that ranks that. Enough said!!

Dude, your dog must have eaten your homework. This site, which is fairly recognizable and offers some pretty detailed analysis to support their conclusions, has us ranked 25th in pass protection, which although that's by no means acceptable and reflects the dire need for improvement if we want to be SB contenders, is a little better than "dead last or near dead last" as there's 7 teams ranked below us. 25th isn't even in the bottom 20%.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Enough said!

sdog1981

Reaction score
RiverDog":pr2kwf5l said:
25th isn't even in the bottom 20%.

Enough said!

Did you look at these numbers? This opens up a whole new can of worms.

Stuffed run % 30th

Power run success rate 27th

Runs up the middle 31st

Runs to the left 29th

Holy crap this line was awful at running the ball and this was supposed to be Cable's claim to fame. Simply put Cable might be one of the worst coaches in NFL history. Cable's only specialty is failure and he is the black hole sucking up team resources with no results.

Pete not firing Cable after he cut Drew Nowak will be the story of this Seahawks team if they don't win or go to another Super Bowl.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":2vfhbgqn said:

Pretty much my opinion. If he didn't see it the first time, it likely looks the same as what was recorded.

Seymour

Reaction score
sdog1981":2htby3lr said:
RiverDog":2htby3lr said:
25th isn't even in the bottom 20%.

Enough said!

Did you look at these numbers? This opens up a whole new can of worms.

Stuffed run % 30th

Power run success rate 27th

Runs up the middle 31st

Runs to the left 29th

Holy crap this line was awful at running the ball and this was supposed to be Cable's claim to fame.
Simply put Cable might be one of the worst coaches in NFL history. Cable's only specialty is failure and he is the black hole sucking up team resources with no results.

Pete not firing Cable after he cut Drew Nowak will be the story of this Seahawks team if they don't win or go to another Super Bowl.

Baffling! How does posting stats change what people saw last year?
This is not "a new can of worms", it's been going on since most all of last season (and the first 1/4 of 2015) to those that watched and took notice of the fail after fail. This is the whole reason we were not even close to balanced team and had to lean more on pass with a dinged QB and crap oline that could block neither run nor pass.

chawx

Reaction score
Watch Rams (x2), Cardinals (x2), and Tampa Bay. Then watch NE, Philly, and Carolina — just so you don't lose your sanity.

OL effort will fall in-between those games.

If you really focus on the OL, you'll see why many Hawks fans here are bordering on insanity. The 2016 version of the Seahawks were maddening to watch to say the very least. Flashes of greatness mixed with far too many flashes of incompetence. Injuries didn't help and allowed DL-stacked teams to focus on one thing and attack it.

I know it doesn't pertain to your question, OP. But, I just have to end with I really wish Wilson would have taken a few games off when he messed up his ankle in Week 1. Because of that injury he was chased down from behind and strained the heck out of his MCL. I really think that's where this season could have been salvaged, even with our 25th ranked OL.

Let them learn/practice under Trayvon Boykin and keep Mr. Franchise safe while they gel'd a little more. Anyway, that's my 2¢