Bradley McDougald signed!

Seymour

Reaction score
This looks like a great value signing. Welcome Bradley!

chris98251

Reaction score
This sounds like hedging the draft now, good year for Safety and CB and we signed a Vet who can start, the concern for injury to Kam and Earl and their recovery must be pretty high, we have safeties on the Roster already that were considered back ups.

Or....... someone is talking Trade.

Largent80

Reaction score
chris98251":3pqquocl said:
This sounds like hedging the draft now, good year for Safety and CB and we signed a Vet who can start, the concern for injury to Kam and Earl and their recovery must be pretty high, we have safeties on the Roster already that were considered back ups.

Don't forget, we lost Terrell and Johnson in FA.

Would be nice to snag Baker or Meliwonfu in the draft at S.

penihawk

Reaction score
Solid depth signing that has starting experience. I will be shocked if we don't add another in the draft.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
chris98251":f8jwdlxi said:

The Seahawks only have 3 safeties currently on the roster

Kam, Earl, and Pierre Desir - who was signed to a futures contract after spending the last half of the season on the practice squad. Kelcie McCray and Steven Terrell are both free agents. Some have speculated that Desir may be worked out at CB during training camp, leaving us with zero bench. We really do not have any back-ups on the roster and this was clearly a position of need.

McDougald is a solid "buy low" FA pick-up

daveyoung52

Reaction score
Mcdougald seems a similar size to Kelcie but havent seen any ST record for MCd.

GLio14

Reaction score
AustrianHawk":3u7l8mhi said:
That's a great deal, but... that means they won't draft Budda Baker :(
I don't think that's the case. Have to think Baker is still much a possibility.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think it is a (no pun intended) safety valve signing. A guy that started a lot of games the last 2 years, knows how to tackle well and is a ball Hawk.

To me this frees them up to GET a guy like Baker or Melifonwu.

Tical21

Reaction score
If they draft Baker, it is primarily as a nickel. A one-year backup safety would have no impact on the decision. Also, I expect Baker to be gone before we draft, as more teams start to review his tape.

Largent80

Reaction score
There may be 15 or more DB's taken before Seattle even picks, so who knows.

I would love for all of the teams to do that and leave Bolles on the board.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tical21":1hyk4yzb said:
If they draft Baker, it is primarily as a nickel. A one-year backup safety would have no impact on the decision. Also, I expect Baker to be gone before we draft, as more teams start to review his tape.
Kind of agree with this with the addition that he is quality free safety depth.
I hope he is still there, but like you said, I think he'll be gone by the time the Hawks pick.

Jville

Reaction score
This is the outside free agent signing I was hoping for. This combined with the resigning of Neiko Thorpe and signing of free agent Perrish Cox addresses talent and experience losses.

McDougald checks many of the boxes as to size, length and athleticism. His back ground as a former receiver that was converted to defensive back reinforces their search for ball skills and play makers. I would think McDougald is still growing and developing as a defensive back. His decision to chose to work with Chancellor and Thomas rather than immediately be declared a starter for the Browns is telling.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/844553343099916288[/tweet]
Bradley McDougald chooses a one-year deal with Seahawks >>> [urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/22/bradley-mcdougald-chooses-a-one-year-deal-with-seahawks/[/urltargetblank]