Article-Seahawks depth chart & needs after 2 wks Free Agency

ivotuk

Reaction score
Updated Seahawks depth chart, needs following 2 weeks of free agency

Wonder why they haven't re-signed Reece?

"RB - Thomas Rawls, Eddie Lacy, C.J. Prosise, Alex Collins, Troymaine Pope, Kelvin Taylor, Terrence Magee, J.D. McKissic, George Farmer, Tre Madden

FB - Malcolm Johnson

Need: They have at least three capable starters and it’s going to be tough when one or two of these guys doesn’t make the final cut. That being said, if a draft pick too good to be true falls, they wouldn’t hesitate to take him. They have not re-signed Will Tukuafu or Marcel Reece yet, so expect them to continue exploring the fullback market.

WR - Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, Paul Richardson, Tanner McEvoy, Jermaine Kearse, Kasen Williams, Kenny Lawler, Rodney Smith, Jamel Johnson

Need: I put Kearse fifth because I still believe he’ll be released. They’ve been rumored with receivers out there like Kamar Aiken (signed with Colts) because I don’t think this group is nearly stable enough for Pete Carroll’s liking. Some under-30 receivers still out there include Brian Quick, Michael Floyd, Quinton Patton, Griff Whalen, and former Washington State standout Marquess Wilson, who is only 24."

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/3/23/150 ... ency-draft

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":rf4znncm said:

"RB - Thomas Rawls, Eddie Lacy, C.J. Prosise, Alex Collins, Troymaine Pope, Kelvin Taylor, Terrence Magee, J.D. McKissic, George Farmer, Tre Madden

FB - Malcolm Johnson

Need: They have at least three capable starters and it’s going to be tough when one or two of these guys doesn’t make the final cut. That being said, if a draft pick too good to be true falls, they wouldn’t hesitate to take him. They have not re-signed Will Tukuafu or Marcel Reece yet, so expect them to continue exploring the fullback market.

WR - Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, Paul Richardson, Tanner McEvoy, Jermaine Kearse, Kasen Williams, Kenny Lawler, Rodney Smith, Jamel Johnson

Need: I put Kearse fifth because I still believe he’ll be released. They’ve been rumored with receivers out there like Kamar Aiken (signed with Colts) because I don’t think this group is nearly stable enough for Pete Carroll’s liking. Some under-30 receivers still out there include Brian Quick, Michael Floyd, Quinton Patton, Griff Whalen, and former Washington State standout Marquess Wilson, who is only 24."

Marquess WILSON is 24 inches? wow, and I thought Russell WILSON @ 5 foot 10 5/8 inches was short :lol: :lol:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1d59vytm said:
ivotuk":1d59vytm said:

FB - Malcolm Johnson

Marquess WILSON is 24 inches? wow, and I thought Russell WILSON @ 5 foot 10 5/8 inches was short :lol: :lol:

He runs underneath people after he catches the ball....makes a great kick blocker too.... :stirthepot: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2a7g9mm8 said:

I think this could be as well. Aiken I think tipped the hand that Seattle may run with 6 WRs.

This draft is sneaky good in R2/R3 WRs. I didn't know a couple weeks back what we regarded our WR depth as. The interest in Aiken kind of tells me that we're looking to add here.

I don't believe Kearse will be released outright. That contract he signed last year was one I felt was a mistake. We don't usually put ourselves in an inflexible position and Kearse didn't warrant that money. We overpaid the market and went long to boot. But the fact we are looking at WR tells me that we are exploring adding talent for 2018, as that's Kearse's 'out' year by way of contract structure and guarantees. The dead money hit is 3.6m, with less than 400k in cap savings if he cut him. When you factor in we have to pay someone else for that roster spot, it will actually cost us money to cut him. His savings won't cover even a minimum UDFA contract in 2017. Aiken would have probably been our in competition for the 4th/5th/6th WR. It does look like we may be adding Kearse's 2018 replacement this year. Adding Aiken would have freed up a day 2 pick for a different position.

And depending on the flow of the draft and how runs on talent develop, our best prospect on the board in R2/3 may well be a WR.

massari

Reaction score
WR Marquess Wilson would be another low risk high reward type player. Would be a solid pickup who's already familiar with the NW.

[youtube]RHwae9iIZdg[/youtube]

[youtube]Qrwg7jKMW_Y[/youtube]

[youtube]AM2OcHf6ias[/youtube]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I agree that Seattle is probably looking to upgrade at WR. They'll give Kearse a chance to rebound from his bad year, because judging from 2015, he can fit in the new pass-first system. But they're definitely looking for more reliability combined with height. Having someone besides Graham to deploy on deep crossers would jam this offense wide-open for good.

mikeak

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2aldeu3j said:
ivotuk":2aldeu3j said:

FB - Malcolm Johnson

You should look at the punctuation