F A Moves , are there changes on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
What do you think , are we prepping for big changes next year with all the fa activity or are we just getting as many bodies in to see who sticks which kinda means changes anyway , but do you think they are planning to cut someone from the core group or just trying to make the floor of depth higher like the SB year
I know they plan ahead so I'm of the ilk they are planning for changes if and when the next wave of extensions don't go like they anticipate
What say ye

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
A lot of what you seek is covered in the 1 yr FA philosophy thread. Real good posts in there.

chris98251

Reaction score
Partly it is revisiting what built this team, how deep we won't know, open things up and let the bodies hit the floor and the best man win. Rejuvenate, recommit, get younger and more hungry and aggressive.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I was thinking about this today, and I think many of these signings address positions that they think might be thin in the draft. Not only from the perspective of who is there at the 1st pick, but who they think will be left by the time their picks come around.

They are drawing up contracts that don't hamstring them. They are probably looking a year ahead as well as far as strength at various positions of who thy think might hit the draft.

As has been said, they are getting back to really pushing the competition mantra, and the myriad of 1 year signings show that. In a couple years we might see a major turnover as some of our key players age and deal with injury. They just want to have pieces in development to fill those holes without inflating the cap with players that arent even on the field.

I think they learned from some of their past mistakes on FA signings.

nwgamer

Reaction score
True. We learned one or two super stars doesn't make the difference but more rather the overall quality of all our guys.

Josea16

Reaction score
hawxfreak":z9mowjao said:
What do you think , are we prepping for big changes next year with all the fa activity or are we just getting as many bodies in to see who sticks which kinda means changes anyway , but do you think they are planning to cut someone from the core group or just trying to make the floor of depth higher like the SB year
I know they plan ahead so I'm of the ilk they are planning for changes if and when the next wave of extensions don't go like they anticipate
What say ye
Yes, and we aren't the only team doing exactly the same. I read from a post right here that next year we have without the current contracts we have 37 FA's of all grades. New begin bitching while I accept the typhoon. THIS CURRENT CORE..... beyond Baldwin and Wilson, have until 2017-18 to play like they can and should or good bye.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Could be Seahawks are vetting thier over-abundance of youth with experience to raise the floor of competition (Cox, Walsh, Lacy, McDougald, Wilhote, and Joeckel/Aboushi to some degree). To have players with starting experience to compare to.

While acquiring some guys who struggled on other teams but have intriguing potential that our coaches feel they can develop and fit into our system (Robert Myers, Demetrius McCray, Ronald Powell, Pierre Desir, Luke Joeckel, Arthur Brown, Oday Aboushi)

Status
Not open for further replies.