17 Years Ago Today...

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Don't sweat it Aros, Roland told me once that he was conceived in the Kingdome.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I was on the 41st floor of the Wells Fargo building, so I had a front row seat of the implosion and snapped several frames through the plexi glass window that still hang in the foyer of our home.

The funny thing is that after 9/11, I felt a little ashamed at being thrilled by the implosion of a large structure and quit bragging about my front row seat.

aredub

Reaction score
My final game in the Kingdome, Jan 9, 2000 we played the Dolphins in the playoffs. We lost 20-17 in Dan Marino's final season. Lost of memories from that game!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I attended the first ever sporting event at the Kingdome and also the last.

Heyseed

Reaction score
17622087_1266079426832676_3368966697639232419_o.jpg

I think I picked it up at Radish's back yard

Hawks46

Reaction score
RiverDog":n04g3f40 said:
I was on the 41st floor of the Wells Fargo building, so I had a front row seat of the implosion and snapped several frames through the plexi glass window that still hang in the foyer of our home.

The funny thing is that after 9/11, I felt a little ashamed at being thrilled by the implosion of a large structure and quit bragging about my front row seat.

Why ? One is a senseless act of terror. The other is a carefully orchestrated demolition of a building that takes planning, organization and a ton of skill to not damage anything surrounding it. It's really incredible all of the work that goes into imploding a building in a urban/downtown area and not damaging anything around it. One has loss of life, the other just destruction of property.

I've worked with explosives, so I understand the craft a bit and really respect all that goes into dropping buildings. You are right to feel proud to have witnessed it. I really want to see how they take down the Stratosphere in Vegas when it comes down.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
aredub":1blw1qrd said:
My final game in the Kingdome, Jan 9, 2000 we played the Dolphins in the playoffs. We lost 20-17 in Dan Marino's final season. Lost of memories from that game!
I was there too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hawks46":2uzjno3k said:
RiverDog":2uzjno3k said:

Why ? One is a senseless act of terror. The other is a carefully orchestrated demolition of a building that takes planning, organization and a ton of skill to not damage anything surrounding it. It's really incredible all of the work that goes into imploding a building in a urban/downtown area and not damaging anything around it. One has loss of life, the other just destruction of property.

I've worked with explosives, so I understand the craft a bit and really respect all that goes into dropping buildings. You are right to feel proud to have witnessed it. I really want to see how they take down the Stratosphere in Vegas when it comes down.

Very well said. They take down buildings all the time in vegas for upgrading and changing styles for advertisement. The Sands was a decent place to go. And as you said, it was a controlled event to which the collateral damage was extremely minimal.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Kingdome memories....Once got to sit in the last row of the highest seat in the building. The players were so far away that one could not even read the numbers on their back! The players appeared to be about 1/4" high at arms length!