Boykin Arrested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Says he was a passenger, not the driver. There's a chance he won't be prosecuted. I'll reserve judgment until we hear more facts.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
I think a lot will depend on just who was in actual possession of the "more than 2 ounces" of pot. If it was actually on Trevone he'll face at least those charges.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":3jjdd6gv said:
I think a lot will depend on just who was in actual possession of the "more than 2 ounces" of pot. If it was actually on Trevone he'll face at least those charges.

Yeah, that seems unlikely. Two ounces of weed is a lot for someone to have on their person. More likely, the weed was in the car, and any passengers were arrested while they gather the facts. The fact that the driver injured multiple people just increased the likelihood that the police would more broadly exercise their discretion to arrest any passengers who may have been involved in some way.

Post edited by staff.
Contact Pmedic920 with any ?s

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
I remember what 2 ounces of weed looks like thanks.

I agree though that it's likely the weed was in the car and they just charges all occupants with it's possession.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Stupid is, as stupid does.
I hope this cleans up as more details surface.

I'll never understand why these kids that have the world by the balls continue to put themselves in these types of situations.

With this being a 2nd major negative police contact, doesn't seem like TB has learned how to stay out of trouble.

Most know that I'm a TCU fan, this is especially troubling for me. Fact is, I hate it.

Sign37now

Reaction score
Friggin idiot. Another case of million dollar talent with a 10 cent brain..

Jville

Reaction score
2 AM .... drugs and alcohol ..... injuries ........ gosh that has a familiar ring.

aredub

Reaction score
Well that's unfortunate! Wonder if we will start looking for a new back up or at least get someone in to give him some competition. Pete better be all over him for this.

2_0_6

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2ug2cv1o said:
c_hawkbob":2ug2cv1o said:

Yeah, that seems unlikely. Two ounces of weed is a lot for someone to have on their person. More likely, the weed was in the car, and any passengers were arrested while they gather the facts. The fact that the driver injured multiple people just increased the likelihood that the police would more broadly exercise their discretion to arrest any passengers who may have been involved in some way.

That looks like one ounce, but what would I know?

:irishdrinkers:

Own The West

Reaction score
It's not going to matter if the weed was on him or not.

DUI, Possession, and 4 people injured is going to get him a suspension from the league. I'm pretty sure the NFL is going to see this as his 2nd strike too even though he wasn't technically in the league yet when he got in that bar fight at TCU.

We're going to need another backup!

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Own The West":2wfwxz1t said:
It's not going to matter if the weed was on him or not.

DUI, Possession, and 4 people injured is going to get him a suspension from the league. I'm pretty sure the NFL is going to see this as his 2nd strike too even though he wasn't technically in the league yet when he got in that bar fight at TCU.

We're going to need another backup!

He wasn't the driver. See above.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
bye bye boykin...krapper better keep his phone nearby and cancel his scouting trip to Hamilton.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This is a blessing in disguise. Sign Kaep. Better QB, better fit to be Russell's backup.

Boycie

Reaction score
Jville":1xpn984q said:
2 AM .... drugs and alcohol ..... injuries ........ gosh that has a familiar ring.

Nothing good ever happens past midnight. A motto most athletes should live by if they want to stay out of trouble.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":3a1q7rmg said:
Jville":3a1q7rmg said:

Nothing good ever happens past midnight. A motto most athletes should live by if they want to stay out of trouble.

I always heard it as 10:30.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't realize I couldn't post a link/picture of what two ounces of marijuana looks like for edification. It was not a picture of usage and marijuana is legal in Washington state, after all. But carry on. :2thumbs:

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2up8deod said:
This is a blessing in disguise. Sign Kaep. Better QB, better fit to be Russell's backup.

Not sure about the "blessing in disguise" (I like Boykin on the field) but signing Kap wouldn't shock me a bit. Pete is fond of unique skill sets and whatever else you think about Kap he's certainly got a unique skill set.

Status
Not open for further replies.