Carroll: Marshawn "playing with the idea" of un-retiring

hawknation2017

Reaction score
"He came through the office and had a good visit," Carroll said Wednesday. "I know that he is somewhat entertaining the thought of it. I can't tell you how strong it is. You've got to talk to him. And that chance isn't happening."

Carroll was asked whether Lynch could still be effective at this point in his career.

"I don't know," Carroll said. "It depends on how he's approached this offseason. He looked OK. The mentality that it takes to play this game the way he plays this game, he has to really be invested and ready because he goes deep when he plays. Whether or not that's still in him, the burn is still there, I couldn't tell that from talking to him. I know that he was playing with the idea."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1903 ... return-nfl

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I prefer to see him ride camels in Egypt. I think ML should remain where he is.

IrishNW

Reaction score
He's bored and doesn't know what to do. He needs to find something, maybe a coaching career?

12HawkFan

Reaction score
First, I think this is nothing more than a PR stunt by Marshawn to keep his ego inflated and his name in the headlines. Things like this help him sell lots of SWAG.

Second, if he wants to play, pay up. You owe the Hawks the signing bonus that they haven't asked for back yet. If you want to play, someones gotta pay, it's a business thing.

Lastly, the Hawks took a 5 million cap hit the first year he didn't play, someone needs to reimburse the Hawks for this in some way, draft pick(s), transfer some of their available cap room to us if they can do such a thing, etc.

I wish him the best and will always have a memory of both Beastquakes but the Hawks will not let him play without covering the above listed things, it would set a precedent that the entire NFL would not like, AT ALL, and they just will not do that.

GO HAWKS!!!

SeaChat

Reaction score
I thought the whole rumor about him wanting to play again was just that rumor, but as I've investigated a little further it seems he may be seriously entertaining the idea of a comeback with the the Raiders.

I think one reason he's considering a come back with the Raiders is trying to save the team in Oakland and that's not gonna happen they've already made the commitment to Las Vegas and will be gone in 2 to 3 years at best, he might sell a few tickets for the Raiders in the inner him and keep a few fans around.

I think as a reality settle in for Marshawn that Oakland and the Raiders are no more. His new found desireto play again will diminish tremendously if not just be totally extinguished. Another reason perhaps for playing again is to help fund and some of his inner city projects that he's doing with the kids they're in Oakland and I would understand that and appreciate it and I would think the Seahawks would want to be helpful to that causes as well. Meaning perhaps we could be a little more flexible in the terms of his going to the Raiders if you you in fact used to do that.

I agree with what most are saying here if he is going to come back and it's going to affect the Seahawks financially monetarily Wise and so forth I think it's only fair that whatever team he goes to that they compensate the Seahawks in some manner for those investments that we made in them and that we not just give him a free pass. As far as the prospects of Marshawn ever playing for the Seahawks again I think it's a bad idea I just don't think his hearts in the game anymore and I don't know but physically he's able to handle that abuse on to his body anymore either.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Mike Rob makes it sound like his return might not be tied to playing for Oakland. I could be hearing this wrong but it seems he could be open to playing for other teams and it is the Seahawks that only want him to play for Oakland. Starts around 8:30

http://foxsportsrichmond.iheart.com/ona ... -15694882/

*I also posted this link in another thread because Mike also talks about Sherm in this same interview.