Oday Aboushi film breakdown

RussB

Reaction score
Ok so a little while ago i posted an interesting vid on joekel which had some nice insight on his skillset. The same youtube channel now has an Aboushi vid. So here it is check it out, shows good info on him incase like me you didnt watch him play.
[youtube]i7B7yIEMidw[/youtube]

Looks like another solid pickup, like joekel struggled with inconsistency but also showed great potential in run blocking and pass blocking and is no doubt another upgrade to the line. I think he will end up starting at RG and ifedi will be out at tackle once the season starts.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Thanks RB!

I'm hopeful the Hawks start this season without it looking like a Zero Blitz in the backfield all the time.

:irishdrinkers:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm not all that impressed with his film. It seems the guy he's blocking is getting loose and either making the tackle or in on the tackles. But then again....he may still be an upgrade over most of the guys the Seahawks had on OL the past couple of years.

King Dog

Reaction score
hawkfan68":er7vo9ay said:
I'm not all that impressed with his film. It seems the guy he's blocking is getting loose and either making the tackle or in on the tackles. But then again....he may still be an upgrade over most of the guys the Seahawks had on OL the past couple of years.

Sounds like he will fit right in!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I'm encouraged by his play @ RG, not so much at LG, now, hopefully Ifedi will be an upgrade at RT. ;)

blkhwk

Reaction score
If this is his highlight video, I 'd hate to see the plays he was poor on!

He rarely sustains a block! His guy is in on the play most of the video

bighawk

Reaction score
I predicted once we signed him he would be the starter at right guard and this film helps cement it. Great signing

nash72

Reaction score
blkhwk":100grm3h said:

Yeah, what am I missing here? He looked terrible in that video.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2q5raakh said:
I'm encouraged by his play @ RG, not so much at LG, now, hopefully Ifedi will be an upgrade at RT. ;)
Yea thats what i hope happens. Ifedi would probably be a solid tackle. Aboush's film shows he is serviceable.

irocdave

Reaction score
Thanks for posting video of this guy. Albeit, this is limited film, but he is horrible in the left guard position, and a little better at the right guard position. His "highlights" at right guard if you will, are against the Colts D. He still looked lost on half of the plays that were considered dominate, and almost every play he did dominate were run plays away from him with help from the center. I hope the narration isn't synced to the film on this guy. Plays narrated as pluses are usually plays going away from him that don't allow his defensive responsibly to be involved if the ball comes out quick or the RB does what he is supposed to do.

He should provide an improvement if he starts, but it wont be a huge improvement. Man, the O line is so bad..

toffee

Reaction score
scutterhawk":185icobe said:

Can handle RG but good at RT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustrianHawk

Reaction score
nash72":22izvrrx said:
blkhwk":22izvrrx said:

Ya, listen what the creator says. Bad snaps first, good ones later on.

Those are just some videos, they don't tell the whole truth and they're not supposed to do so. They just show examples, the emphasis is on his technique, mistakes, etc. What matters in the end is the ratio of good and bad blocks and it's basically impossible to prove that in a short video. You could also make videos of the Seahawk's O-line looking absolutely amazing in 2016 and the Cowboy's garbage.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Thanks for posting! Very good analysis on the new guy. The narration that worries me a bit is that Aboushi should be an upgrade over Ifedi at RG. Great for having better guard play, but on the face of it this doesn't sound encouraging for moving Ifedi to RT. He appears to have the physical talent and maybe just the first year experience under his belt will be enough for him to move outside and improve. I guess he should still be an upgrade over last year's RT situation and he should continue to progress throughout his 2nd and 3rd seasons.

Welcome Oday Aboushi!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
nash72":34kt3im6 said:
blkhwk":34kt3im6 said:

It's not a highlight video.

The first several plays were negative. If you keep watching, there are plenty of positive examples.

According to the video, he won 85% of the time against stunts. How is that not a huge improvement over, well... 0%... IIRC... from 2016?