Hanging with Boykin...Kinda

Geologic

Reaction score
I'm all for second chances but he should be cut not worth the headache.

Its not his fault and what he did isnt bad but damn stay out of the limelight if youre on probabtion

olyfan63

Reaction score
He didn't drive drunk, give him cred for having *that* judgement. Good judgment is an important quality for a QB, stuff like to throw or not to throw into triple coverage requires judgment.

Seafan

Reaction score
Draft David Washington from ODU in the 7th. That should send a message. :irishdrinkers:

Jville

Reaction score
I'd like to see Schneider sign a couple of quarterbacks to come in and compete.

Aiunahthar

Reaction score
I don't believe we should keep him. He's had these same problems in the past and said they were behind him and now here he is doing it again... Gordonesq much?
I would like to see us draft or bring in a UDFA QB. The QB class isn't strong from what I see for immediate starters but definitely have some prospects that could be groomed into start quality back ups should the need arise.
That and the competition could get to Boykin and hopefully set him straight.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
He had another incident in his college years. And he's a backup. OK, he gets to be a camp body but that's it, no acting all Aldon Smith bout it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I read this to mean they'll keep him unless someone they prefer comes available, or until the NFL suspends him at which point they'll move on.

Jville

Reaction score
Yea ...... Boykin is staying on the roster for the time being. But ..... it's as good of time as any to look for alternatives. With Schneider making an appearance at Patrick Mahomes' pro day, I'd sure like to know what Carl Smith is up to.

Is Mahomes a guy whose destiny lies in the NFC West at Arizona, San Francisco or Seattle?

John Schneider checks out QB Patrick Mahomes at Texas Tech’s pro day >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/4/3/15163080/john-schneider-checks-out-qb-patrick-mahomes-at-texas-techs-pro-day[/urltargetblank]

Seymour

Reaction score
The guy is a toxic, combative loser. After watching the arrest video, this guy was so inebriated he could not even stand up, let alone the piss poor judgement issue. I have to believe his status will change prior to the start of the season, one way or another.

Chapow

Reaction score
Rocket":oc2qe7og said:
He was smart enough not to drive, so that counts for something...
right?

There was a Boykin arrest thread, that is now locked, and several people made it quite clear that no, not being the actual driver didn't count for anything. Apparently being a drunk passenger in a car with a drunk driver is just as bad as being a drunk driver.

I don't share that opinion, and neither does the law BTW, but there ya go.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Draft Mahomes, or another QB, trade him after he establishes himself.

I'm kidding

Jville

Reaction score
As I expected
He's facing up to a year in jail and a $4,000 fine -- but that didn't keep him from smiling in his mug shot.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/850119335687315457[/tweet]
Now, we've learned a warrant was issued for his arrest earlier this week because prosecutors believe his March arrest constitutes a violation of his probation.

Boykin was taken into custody at 1:35 PM on Thursday and released a few hours later on $2,500 bond. He'll be arraigned on May 3.
[urltargetblank]http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/06/trevone-boykin-arrested-warrant/[/urltargetblank]

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Boykin's "arrest" today was merely a procedural move because his previous arrest was formally deemed a potential violation of his probation. He hasn't committed any new crimes, and this was known to be coming. It's all part of the process, nothing to see here.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Mahomes would be a terrible match for Carrol's ball control obsession/ philosophy. I can't figure out why Schneider paid a visit, unless he is trying to throw other teams off about our draft plans.

With that cannon of an arm, I think he would do great with Arians in Arizona. He would probably also fit in with O'Brien in Houston, Reed in Kansas City, perhaps McCoy/ Musgrave in Denver. I don't have a good enough feel for what Shanahan wants to do in Santa Clara to know if he would be a match.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Chapow":1zf3g0g1 said:
Rocket":1zf3g0g1 said:
He was smart enough not to drive, so that counts for something...
right?

There was a Boykin arrest thread, that is now locked, and several people made it quite clear that no, not being the actual driver didn't count for anything. Apparently being a drunk passenger in a car with a drunk driver is just as bad as being a drunk driver.

I don't share that opinion, and neither does the law BTW, but there ya go.

Riiiiight cause the law doesn't care about violating parole. Carry on.

Rocket

Reaction score
Doesn't the big-assed D in DUI or DWI stand for DRIVING and not just sitting?
What did I miss?

D also stands for Drunk, and he was Drunk, but he wasn't Driving, so it's different...
right?