Do u use the words "us" or "we" when u bring up the Seahawks

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I'm guilty even though I don't play for them or work in the front office.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Yeah, nothing wrong with using first person in most circumstances to describe your team. It's a sign of a true fanatic.

We are impacted by their decision making, sharing in their victories and defeats, but they make the decisions.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
I've been guilty of this. It does bring up a question though, if I work for the Mariners but not in the front office, is it "we" or "they?" (assuming I'm referencing the team itself, not the product on the field)

RussB

Reaction score
I think i sometimes do. I try not too though because im not actually on the team lol. But alot of fans feel connected to the team and support their team with a passion thats why alot of fans say that.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Why wouldn't I? They're part mine, you know. As for the others that seemed almost apologetic for sounding so possessive, don't apologize. They are ours.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
RiverDog":ewlef81v said:
Why wouldn't I? They're part mine, you know. As for the others that seemed almost apologetic for sounding so possessive, don't apologize. They are ours.

Agree, and I see no point nitpicking over which possessive pronoun anyone uses to discuss their favorite team. Grade school, jr. high, high school, college it's always largely been "we". Why not NFL? It's a meaningless distinction anyway, imo.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I ALWAYS say we. You know why? As diehards, it's the one thing we can own without feeling guilty or embarrassed about it. "WE" should never be taken to mean literally in the team-only sense. Obviously "we" are not suiting up on gameday, "we" are not going through the rigors of OTAs, mini camps and Training Camp. Not physically, on the team at least.

But WE are very much a part of this family. If you don't think so, look how much time, money, passion and commitment has gone into the messaging about the importance of the "12s".

WE make this a symbiotic match made in heaven. Without 68,000 of the loudest fans in all of football, the Seahawks would just be yet another middle-of-the-road home team.

So let your "We Flag" fly proudly. Don't let anybody make you feel stupid for using the expression. After all, you've earned it.

"WE" have earned it.

Seymour

Reaction score
Not only can we use it. It is officially recognized by the team.

nrayorr

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3ieqgdzc said:
Seahawks, ducks, blazers and Timbers are all "we" to me, and always will be.

:ditto:

This is xactly how I feel. Done it all my sports fan life. Not about to stop now.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I try not to but we is shorter to type than Seahawks. On the other hand do you like being referred to as a 12 or 12th man?

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
"Us" Seahawks fans are really allowed to say "we". After all the team did retire a number in our honor! Now, we need to win a SuperBowl, again!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
All the time. It's one of the perks of being a member of Seahawks Nation, more commonly referred to as the 12s.