One reason for Pete Carroll’s optimism?

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
What's with Rawls and all those broken bones, though?

Is this more wishful thinking from Pete that Rawls stays healthy vs actual optimism?

A healthy Rawls would be great, but he hasn't lasted more than about a half season so far without injury.

As for Graham - he's a stud.

Stop wasting his talent on blocking. Wide out that big boy and throw it up high.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Optism mixed with realism makes it happen.the best Pete could hope for is darth vader if he was to focus on tge dark side of the force.

BTW those are 2 solid reasons for optimism.

Go Seahawks.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sealake80":3mffotg4 said:
Optism mixed with realism makes it happen.the best Pete could hope for is darth vader if he was to focus on tge dark side of the force.

BTW those are 2 solid reasons for optimism.

Go Seahawks.

vader_thumbs_up.jpg~c200

Uncle Si

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1ih535u5 said:
What's with Rawls and all those broken bones, though?

Is this more wishful thinking from Pete that Rawls stays healthy vs actual optimism?

A healthy Rawls would be great, but he hasn't lasted more than about a half season so far without injury.

As for Graham - he's a stud.

Stop wasting his talent on blocking. Wide out that big boy and throw it up high.

So you don't share his optimism?

I mean I swear there's a bevy of threads about Rawls health and Jimmys role in the offense. While I appreciate the OP, what's the purpose of the follow up post?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I think Pete Carroll sees healthy competition at pretty much every position.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Rawls being healthy, especially, is a game-changer.

But the greatest reason for optimism is Wilson's return to his pre-2016 levels of mobility. Get the read option going again.

kf3339

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3rz2wz4g said:

Except his coaching staff.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
kf3339":1gircgs3 said:
UK_Seahawk":1gircgs3 said:

His coaching staff is one of the best in the league. He's good.

kf3339

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":vquk1wvd said:

But the greatest reason for optimism is Wilson's return to his pre-2016 levels of mobility. Get the read option going again.

This is the biggest hope I have as well. Wilson will need to be much more mobile to evade the rush and make defenses pay for the constant blitzing that has happened.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
kf3339":3rpz1lzf said:
UK_Seahawk":3rpz1lzf said:

Pete fired an offensive coordinator after his first year. The fact that he's stuck with Bevell all these years, regardless of what criticisms you and I might validly have of him, suggest that he's satisfied with Bevell. Probably because Bevell does what Pete asks.

So I tend to direct my criticisms of our offensive gameplay choices to Pete, not Bevell.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":222wlyg1 said:

True!

Bring back speedy Wilson.

Smellyman

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2f26zooe said:

RW hurt all year was the biggest problem with the run O. Not one team had to honor the RO. That was 600 to 800 yards of devastation and fear on the opposing D.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Smellyman":1w5uequ9 said:
MontanaHawk05":1w5uequ9 said:

RW hurt all year was the biggest problem with the run O. Not one team had to honor the RO. That was 600 to 800 yards of devastation and fear on the opposing D.

Good point.

chris98251

Reaction score
No team should be limited by one option of their offense, the read option is not suppose to be our bread and butter, yes his threat of running is in their minds, but if we could block, Russell could pass and our RB's could run for yards and Wilson would not look like a Mash Unit.

After all our Offensive Coordinator did well with Farve and he wasn't a runner, mobile but not a runner. We have an in house expert on this if I am not mistaken :)

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Super jacked about the upcoming season.

Said it before, I think last season may have been Pete's best job coaching yet. The number of crippling injuries sustained last season was just nuts. To have had the kind of success we did was actually very impressive. That's the kind of bad luck with injuries that turns a 12 win team into a 5-11 team.

Couple that with the enormous load we heaped on a pretty deep rookie class -- and I could see a very significant leap forward in performance this year from guys already on this roster.

Largent80

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":c2ekzrv9 said:
Super jacked about the upcoming season.

Said it before, I think last season may have been Pete's best job coaching yet. The number of crippling injuries sustained last season was just nuts. To have had the kind of success we did was actually very impressive. That's the kind of bad luck with injuries that turns a 12 win team into a 5-11 team.

Couple that with the enormous load we heaped on a pretty deep rookie class -- and I could see a very significant leap forward in performance this year from guys already on this roster.

YEY, Finally a good post in this heap.

I think we will see O-Line playing much better this year, and that run game is going to resemble it's former self. Which will have a major trickle down to all aspects of the team.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1q27eo5s said:
YEY, Finally a good post in this heap.

I think we will see O-Line playing much better this year, and that run game is going to resemble it's former self. Which will have a major trickle down to all aspects of the team.

Was just going to add this. We've been saying how long, we'd just settle for average OL play. Well we certainly should expect at least that with the additions we've plugged in, and the generic improvement of the youth we invested in (and were forced to play) last year.

We didn't get GREAT talent. But we did get average quality -- with guys that look very much like we bought at the right time (Joeckel/Aboushi). We should see fairly significant improvement in the OL this year. Even from some names that we heaped scorn on last season.

I really think we're capable of putting together another 12 win campaign. And that's not accounting for possible talent coming our way in April. A draft that outside of OL, is pretty uniquely aligned with our team's needs.