OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
If true, I wish him the best.

Seattle BeastMode was some good times.

GLio14

Reaction score
Even if this wasn't on April 1st, I still wouldn't believe it until I hear from someone reliable. As awesome as Wikipedia is for research, it is far from a source to reveal breaking news.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Well from The Office, Michael Scott once put it, "Wikipedia is something that anyone can edit so you know you're getting the best possible information out there."

Move along folks...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3hahiiof said:
Well from The Office, Michael Scott once put it, "Wikipedia is something that anyone can edit so you know you're getting the best possible information out there."

Move along folks...
Wikipedia's also nowhere near as unreliable as people assume.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2iue6nel said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't anyone go and edit stuff on Wikipedia?
Anyone can submit an edit or additional information but it still gets fact checked before getting posted.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
DJrmb":17xsqz26 said:
Ace_Rimmer":17xsqz26 said:
Anyone can submit an edit or additional information but it still gets fact checked before getting posted.

Evidently not.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":39ft7tmz said:
Ace_Rimmer":39ft7tmz said:

This is patently false according to wikipedia's own editing policy which can be found here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Editing_policy

It is not a peer reviewed source (fact checking) by any stretch of one's imagination. (not that any of us believed Marshawn actually signed with the raiders right?)

Interestingly, because wikipedia is vulnerable to misinformation being published, does that then render their own editing policy unreliable?

DJrmb

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":1ab4uicx said:
DJrmb":1ab4uicx said:
Ace_Rimmer":1ab4uicx said:

This is patently false according to wikipedia's own editing policy which can be found here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Editing_policy

It is not a peer reviewed source (fact checking) by any stretch of one's imagination. (not that any of us believed Marshawn actually signed with the raiders right?)

Interestingly, because wikipedia is vulnerable to misinformation being published, does that then render their own editing policy unreliable?
I stand corrected. Their must be a difference between simply editing a page and posting a new page as I tried to create a page a while back and was denied because I didn't have enough supporting information.

However, edited information does still seem to be fact checked, just not necessarily before someone posts it. Here is a neat little video if anyone is interested in learning more:

[vimeo]204025908[/vimeo]

Basis4day

Reaction score
From the link provided

So there you have it. Despite, no one around Lynch -- including but not limited to his agent, his former head coach (Pete Carroll) and general manager (John Schneider), countless former teammates, his potential next head coach (Jack Del Rio) and general manager (Reggie McKenzie) and dozens of reporters-- knowing what he'll do.

Wikipedia knows.

Marshawn Lynch, member of the Oakland Raiders from 2017 to present.

Or Wikipedia just reminded your kids why they can't cite it on a book report.

But, as you know, the internet tells no lies.

You be judge.