Marshawn Lynch visiting with Raiders today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/849695487766798336[/tweet]

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Marshawn still interested in the Raiders even though they are leaving his home town and heading to Vegas.....

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
FWIW, I'm out and on my phone. Typed something up, hit submit, error and lost what I typed so just put the NM placeholder while I grabbed the tweet. Why do people have to be so snarky?

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3ax25q7h said:
Marshawn still interested in the Raiders even though they are leaving his home town and heading to Vegas.....

I'm guessing he will be retired before the move. Just wants to play in his hometown. Hope he gets another ring, unless it's a Raiders v Hawks SB.

HawkGA

Reaction score
bigskydoc":xgnfnlh8 said:
gowazzu02":xgnfnlh8 said:

I'm guessing he will be retired before the move. Just wants to play in his hometown. Hope he gets another ring, unless it's a Raiders v Hawks SB.

I had been curious about that too when the rumors first started but when it was announced they won't be in Vegas for several more years, that makes sense. Still, could see some general bitterness over the plan to leave.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, if they want him, they can trade for him. No way in hell should they just cut him so he can go play there.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I didn't think this would happen but it makes a lot of sense. The Raiders are a lame duck franchise for the next two years. Would be a smart move by them to bring in somebody from the Oakland community that their fans can have a connection with and want to root for.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/849715411939504128[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/849715584614846464[/tweet]

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1mmliecj said:
I didn't think this would happen but it makes a lot of sense. The Raiders are a lame duck franchise for the next two years. Would be a smart move by them to bring in somebody from the Oakland community that their fans can have a connection with and want to root for.
Yes. Also credit Beastmode as well. He was a fan before he was a player.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
It appears that this is going to happen.
I'm OK with it but I hope we get something in return.

ivotuk

Reaction score
There's the matter of the $5 million dollars we didn't ask him to return. We need to be compensated for that.

mikeak

Reaction score
ivotuk":omrqwk4t said:
There's the matter of the $5 million dollars we didn't ask him to return. We need to be compensated for that.

As I understand it we will be on the hook for his $8 / $9 million salary if he returns. Raiders don't want it so that would force us to cut him or take him back......

So it is quite tricky. The trade-off could be a redone contract changing it to $4M - $5M AND then trade him to Raider for something and he keeps the $5million from signing bonus

Personally - I would rather sign AP than Lynch

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":2qje0vm2 said:
ivotuk":2qje0vm2 said:

As I understand it we will be on the hook for his $8 / $9 million salary if he returns. Raiders don't want it so that would force us to cut him or take him back......

So it is quite tricky. The trade-off could be a redone contract changing it to $4M - $5M AND then trade him to Raider for something and he keeps the $5million from signing bonus

Good call. After the restructure, I'd expect something like a sixth round pick, perhaps elevating to a conditional fifth, in the trade return (of course that would make it the 2018 draft). I'd see that as a win-win for both squads.

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1q3una9d said:
ivotuk":1q3una9d said:

It's not really all that tricky unless you believe that Lynch is out to screw the Seahawks. It's quite easy for him to sign a new contract with the Raiders after the trade and they would be contingent on each other. Since he'd only play for the Raiders, and Schneider has said that he has a great relationship with their GM, it should be a breeze to make it happen. I'd look for a second half of the draft pick, and it may even be a future pick dependent upon his playing time.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2wzucyf0 said:
gowazzu02":2wzucyf0 said:

I bet you they would give him the ball...

:0190l:

Status
Not open for further replies.