"What made us great, is also what tore us apart"

gowazzu02

Reaction score
When they eventually make the 30 for 30 on the PC seahawks, that will be a chilling quote.

I hope and root and still can in my fanboy head think of a way this run will continue, but I can also very easily see how this is the beginning of the end. Or really the pass play at the superbowl was the beginning of the end I guess.

It's just kinda sad, thinking that Lynch will very likely play next year in Oakland, and that it's a definite possibility that Sherman has also played his last down in Seattle.

Im gonna have to go home tonight and watch my superbowl 48 dvd, it's much better then wasting time watching the Mariners.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Honest question.....Why do Seahawks fans care if Marshawn plays for the Raiders? We had our time with him and he did fantastic for us. Why can't 12's be happy that he's doing what he wants to do?

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
It's not we don't want him to be happy. We wish he would be happy here.

He was the heartbeat the "face" of our lone superbowl win. He epitomized this hawk era. Now he's moved on.

Hyak

Reaction score
I think the disappointing thing to me is in how some of the players have allowed one play call that didn't go there way to affect everything since then. For a team full of gritty, smart guys, it's somewhat incredulous to me. If the underlying issue is that some no longer buy in to Pete and his staff, then the only answer is to rid the team of the non-believers or cut bait with the EVP/HC.

Personally, I root for the team and not the players because players come and go. If you can trade Joe Montana and cut Peyton Manning, there's not one guy who is untouchable. There may be a day when BB cuts Tom Brady.

Largent80

Reaction score
This team is way better than most teams and contends almost every year.

It's bigger than a single player. If they don't like it then get out.

Same goes for fans that complain about a winning team.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
StoneCold":3fby834d said:
Who is the quote from?

Whoever happens to be interviewed for the 30 for 30. Probably a quieter guy like a Wagner or maybe an Avril. One of the guys who didn't hold out, openly bash the OC, then double and triple down on it.

HawkGA

Reaction score
JTB":2w1tzj6o said:
I think the disappointing thing to me is in how some of the players have allowed one play call that didn't go there way to affect everything since then. For a team full of gritty, smart guys, it's somewhat incredulous to me. If the underlying issue is that some no longer buy in to Pete and his staff, then the only answer is to rid the team of the non-believers or cut bait with the EVP/HC.

Personally, I root for the team and not the players because players come and go. If you can trade Joe Montana and cut Peyton Manning, there's not one guy who is untouchable. There may be a day when BB cuts Tom Brady.

Okay, the Joe Montana thing worked out, but how have the Colts been since Manning?

Hyak

Reaction score
My point is that no player is untouchable if those 2 can get traded or cut.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I'm good with Lynch playing for the raiders. I haven't kept up with when they are going to vegas, but I know lynch loves oakland, and does a lot of charity stuff down there. It is his neighborhood. I think he still loves the hawks, and will always be considered a hawk. He will raise the flag in the future as well. Just because he wants to play for his hometown team on his way out doesn't mean he has any ill will for the hawks.

Dude just wants to play for the raiders one or two years before they are no longer oaklands team. I love the guy, and hope he does well there for them. He always gave us everything he had, and was instrumental in bringing us our first lombardi.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
This era of fandom takes the phrase "drama queen" to a whole different level.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":2fjxol6y said:
I don't see a "tore us apart" on the horizon. Change in the NFL is normal, doesn't mean we're through.

Exactly.

StoneCold

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1c2brkps said:
StoneCold":1c2brkps said:
Who is the quote from?

Whoever happens to be interviewed for the 30 for 30. Probably a quieter guy like a Wagner or maybe an Avril. One of the guys who didn't hold out, openly bash the OC, then double and triple down on it.

I see, it's a quote from you.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What made us great, and still does is Pete allowing all his players to be themselves and have their personalities shine.

What tears us apart is when players turn that personality and attitude inward towards the organization.

BIG DIFFERENCE. Pete's never wavered on that, you can be yourself, you can have controversial opinions, you can act outwards..........but if you turn that inward on the team then you're gone, i.e. Percy, and now Sherman.

So it's not like this is a new thing with Pete and John, buy in................. or you're gone.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2qjx8ini said:
My Positivity and Si's Negativity is tearing us apart.... :mrgreen:

I don't think you understand how force works...

and the only thing that gets me down is incessant whining. it's why i don't work at a day care but have 5 kids.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":eq9lvy7x said:
What made us great, and still does is Pete allowing all his players to be themselves and have their personalities shine.

What tears us apart is when players turn that personality and attitude inward towards the organization.

BIG DIFFERENCE. Pete's never wavered on that, you can be yourself, you can have controversial opinions, you can act outwards..........but if you turn that inward on the team then you're gone, i.e. Percy, and now Sherman.

So it's not like this is a new thing with Pete and John, buy in................. or you're gone.

Perfectly said.

Rule number 1. Protect the Team.

The second 25 turned his anger inward he stopped protecting the team.

Explode on Crabtree, Skip Bayless, Revis/Peterson, and all is good. Explode on a teammate or coach and there is a problem.

Latest posts