Is Bevell to blame for much of this teams discontent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabowl

Reaction score
With all of the talk of trading Sherman, Marshawn to the Raiders etc... do you believe much of this teams discontent relates to Bevell still being the OC? IMO yes. Well before what is now considered "the worst call in NFL history" players on the team were very unhappy with how the offense was being run. How many times did we see players flip the bird to the sidelines when a perceived bad play call came in from Bevell? I believe it was three. The action that these players took was wrong however many of us on this board have been beyond frustrated with the mind boggling play calling. Again I'm not saying calling out coaches is a good thing, but at some point you have to weigh keeping an OC that many dislike vs losing star players like Sherm, Marshawn, and maybe more.

Btw I put Beast on here because I trly believe one reason for his stepping away was to get away from Bevell.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
This has to truly be one of the most ridiculous, unsubstantiated, erroneous opening posts for a thread I have ever seen in this forum.

Just about everything written is false. Obviously a case of where a poster needs some "look at me" attention.

Hyak

Reaction score
seabowl":2do8ij9u said:
With all of the talk of trading Sherman, Marshawn to the Raiders etc... do you believe much of this teams discontent relates to Bevell still being the OC? IMO yes. Well before what is now considered "the worst call in NFL history" players on the team were very unhappy with how the offense was being run. How many times did we see players flip the bird to the sidelines when a perceived bad play call came in from Bevell? I believe it was three. The action that these players took was wrong however many of us on this board have been beyond frustrated with the mind boggling play calling. Again I'm not saying calling out coaches is a good thing, but at some point you have to weigh keeping an OC that many dislike vs losing star players like Sherm, Marshawn, and maybe more.

Btw I put Beast on here because I trly believe one reason for his stepping away was to get away from Bevell.

I don't recall a third player given him the finger but I do know that on the 2 plays in question involving Lynch and Baldwin, both play calls resulted in touchdowns. Doh!

It probably had way more to do with selfishness on their parts regarding their individual statistics.

Maybe we need more of this because Sherman's tirade also resulted in a TD pass and all three incidents resulted in Seahawks victories.

Hyak

Reaction score
The common theme of discontent seems to be this: ME instead of WE

Pete and John need to recalibrate the team to have a true WE concept across the roster.

Bevell is the lazy scapegoat for fans and apparently some players.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
ADB's bird flip was an inside joke without malice. He has gone on record multiple times to proclaim his respect for Bevell.

Marshawn could have been flipping off anyone. And we'll never know.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Kieth Olbermann talks about this very thing the day after the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-t-Okzp_cw

He brings up the fact that teams never recover from this. All the players and coaches have NFL PTSD from this event. When it aired in 2015, "I was like no way these Seahawks are different". Now going into 2017 I can say the team in mentally broken, they are a classic example of a bully that got beat up in front of all the kids at school and no one fears them anymore.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1szaxxbz said:
This has to truly be one of the most ridiculous, unsubstantiated, erroneous opening posts for a thread I have ever seen in this forum.

Just about everything written is false. Obviously a case of where a poster needs some "look at me" attention.

Disagree, but your response sure is!

It is a question, and one worth exploring since Bevell is the root of so many issues with this team. Name any other coordinator that you know has been flipped off multiple times by his own team....anywhere, any year, any reason.

Waiting....

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2nnstj2t said:
ADB's bird flip was an inside joke without malice. He has gone on record multiple times to proclaim his respect for Bevell.

Correction. You'll never know. Anyone with vision can see what took place, and the circumstances around it. Same with Baldwin.

Hyak

Reaction score
Seymour":fh1cpqm6 said:
Siouxhawk":fh1cpqm6 said:

Correction. You'll never know. Anyone with vision can see what took place, and the circumstances around it. Same with Baldwin.

And had both plays result in touchdowns. That's the irony.

Tical21

Reaction score
Yes. He'll yes. The elephant that is Darrell Bevell and the ghost that is 49 hang in every room he walks into. Needed to be axed immediately. And I like the guy, but you don't come back from that.

Seymour

Reaction score
JTB":2l27m1or said:
Seymour":2l27m1or said:
Siouxhawk":2l27m1or said:

Results are not the main issue eating at players. A disrespect (for whatever reason) for the coaching staff sure appears to be coming full tilt head on now though.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":tbom8ltf said:
Siouxhawk":tbom8ltf said:

Disagree, but your response sure is!

It is a question, and one worth exploring since Bevell is the root of so many issues with this team. Name any other coordinator that you know has been flipped off multiple times by his own team....anywhere, any year, any reason.

Waiting....
He's only the root of the problem for those who find the game too complex to decipher and need a scapegoat to lay all their hurt feelings upon because we don't make the Super Bowl every year.

I'd call fans taking this stance ignorant and our head coach said the same a few months ago. I'll take the word of our head coach.

Hyak

Reaction score
Seymour":vk7im55m said:
JTB":vk7im55m said:
Seymour":vk7im55m said:
Siouxhawk":vk7im55m said:

Results are not the main issue eating at players. A disrespect (for whatever reason) for the coaching staff sure appears to be coming full tilt head on now though.

You are correct. Me instead of We. I blame Pete for allowing it. To an extent, I think it was to coddle Marshawn and I think that his belief was that once Lynch left it would go away. Instead, it looks like Sherman decided to take over.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3rpgkq9b said:
Siouxhawk":3rpgkq9b said:

Pure B.S. Show me evidence or step off.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":54ux998q said:
Seymour":54ux998q said:
Siouxhawk":54ux998q said:

Pure B.S. Show me evidence or step off.

There will be no need for that. You will not survive this thread anyway. :2thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.