Core Group

BeastModeGang

Reaction score
We shouldn't mess with our core group of guys. Since last year, people want us to ship Kam out and now talks of Sherm being traded, our defense relies on trust and continuity. Defenses win championships, so we should keep our core the way it is. Our team is still relatively young and our window is open.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hustle-Loyalty-RespectJohn-Cena.JPG

semiahmoo

Reaction score
BeastModeGang":17nn7sok said:
We shouldn't mess with our core group of guys. Since last year, people want us to ship Kam out and now talks of Sherm being traded, our defense relies on trust and continuity. Defenses win championships, so we should keep our core the way it is. Our team is still relatively young and our window is open.

Our defense doesn't trust the system, so by your own view, the team is in trouble. Our D was good last season, but not great, and then by playoff time due to injuries, was perhaps just mediocre. And that same defense was none too happy at the poor offense. (ranked below league average) And it was the offensive scheme that caused so much disruption among the ranks - from Sherman to Graham, and others.

I don't know if that dissension has been remedied. If not, it will continue to erode this team and signal an end of an era.

The pressure to deliver in 2017 is immense for Pete. If he stumbles, his time in Seattle will end with a whimper. That bums me out. We had some great years with him as head coach, but it's starting to feel like the end of the road. If he can turn it around it would be a huge accomplishment.

I'm hoping he can, but I'm not optimistic.

mrt144

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1lkgcezk said:
BeastModeGang":1lkgcezk said:

Our defense doesn't trust the system, so by your own view, the team is in trouble. Our D was good last season, but not great, and then by playoff time due to injuries, was perhaps just mediocre. And that same defense was none too happy at the poor offense. (ranked below league average) And it was the offensive scheme that caused so much disruption among the ranks - from Sherman to Graham, and others.

I don't know if that dissension has been remedied. If not, it will continue to erode this team and signal an end of an era.

The pressure to deliver in 2017 is immense for Pete. If he stumbles, his time in Seattle will end with a whimper. That bums me out. We had some great years with him as head coach, but it's starting to feel like the end of the road. If he can turn it around it would be a huge accomplishment.

There's a few ways for this to go. One way is of the Packers where they are competitive and always in the hunt but with a few inglorious and a few agonizing exits from the playoffs. I just don't see 2017 and prohibitively 2018 as 'our year' because there are a lot of questions marks right now - How does ET perform coming back? Will we have Sherman? Will Lacy provide a boost to our running game? Will the OL gel this year and if so will it be sufficient? And 3/4 I just mentioned were at the forefront of the sputtering out of last year. 2/4 were at the forefront of 2015 (RB and OL).

Jville

Reaction score
BeastModeGang":znebi7go said:

Change ..... embrace it.

After reviewing and grading the concluded season, they reboot their program every year.

The offense reloaded with youth in 2016. For 2017, looks like they are leaning toward reloading the defense.

Roster Churn!

OP
OP
B

BeastModeGang

Reaction score
I don't think our defense was to blame at all, depth was the only issue. Our D kept us in every game, if not for the struggling offense and injuries, specifically ET, I believe we could have gone all the way. Just because we didn't lead the league in scoring defense, doesn't mean we didn't play great ball on that side. Sherm is having a career similar to Deion stats wise and the best corner in the game, you don't just get rid of that, not to mention the revolving door at the other corner position.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
mrt144":19vk62lh said:
semiahmoo":19vk62lh said:
BeastModeGang":19vk62lh said:

There's a few ways for this to go. One way is of the Packers where they are competitive and always in the hunt but with a few inglorious and a few agonizing exits from the playoffs. I just don't see 2017 and prohibitively 2018 as 'our year' because there are a lot of questions marks right now - How does ET perform coming back? Will we have Sherman? Will Lacy provide a boost to our running game? Will the OL gel this year and if so will it be sufficient? And 3/4 I just mentioned were at the forefront of the sputtering out of last year. 2/4 were at the forefront of 2015 (RB and OL).

Agree. Would add then that if 2017 and 2018 are likely to be mediocre years for us again, it is the end of the Pete Carroll era. He will go out with the aforementioned whimper and his legacy here in Seattle will unfortunately be largely defined by that Super Bowl loss and "the play."

I hope not, but as my record shows, I'm running at about 98.62% accuracy so far.

Hall of Fame above-the-rim posting to be sure...

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
^^^^ Haha the great oracle! Pete's status with the team is safe; your foreboding rhetoric is boring and shallow.