Wide receiver Paul Richardson nearing 'real milestone'

semiahmoo

Reaction score
25. Just a pup!

Not sure he's the answer, but at least he's working hard and staying out of trouble. Noticed how the article uses a pic of him missing a pass. Hah!

http://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2017/0 ... milestone/

not-cool-bro-10-5.gif

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Richardson has been in Wilson's hip pocket any time he's been healthy enough to train.

I think it's on Bevell that Richardson didn't contribute until late.

Not the downfield threat he looked in college, but quick and savvy like Doug in his route running and always has his head on a swivel in tune with Russ is doing.

He's not an elite play-maker or physical mismatch but Richardson has some of the softest pair of mitts ive seen, he makes catching Wilson darts look easy.

I expect a bigger role for Richardson in 2017 and I think he's going to put in a quality season.

Hyak

Reaction score
In hindsight, Richardson should have had a portion of those pass attempts that were going to Kearse. Maybe that's on the OC but it could be on Wilson too.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Richardson is the player I'm most excited about seeing next season. I'm hoping he can build on his excellent form late last season. If he can do that then we have a hell of a player.

As Collinsworth said after another highlight catch "When did they trade for Odell Beckham?"

mikeak

Reaction score
I got posts from his rookie season how I thought he could be a superstar. Then suddenly just sitting on the bench not hitting the field. The guy snaps everything out of the air and secures the ball. Love how he plays unfortunate with some injuries.

It is part of why I question certain people on the staff as it comes to evaluating players and getting them playing time. Sometimes I wonder if the blinders are on to tight for what "fits" their system and the best guys don't make it on the field / are used properly.........

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
JTB":3p6dmigs said:
In hindsight, Richardson should have had a portion of those pass attempts that were going to Kearse. Maybe that's on the OC but it could be on Wilson too.

I agree. Wilson too often has tunnel vision. The play is called and it's like he can't consider anything else but the #1 target unless the play breaks down and he goes sandlot mode - which teams are wise to now which makes it far less effective.

He hasn't yet developed the quick drop back, scan the field, compute the options in nano-seconds, and slice n dice the defense up like a Thanksgiving turkey aka Tom Brady and other elite QB's.

Maybe he's start to develop that ability more this season, though his lack of height likely makes that more difficult for him.

5-9 is short-short-short by modern NFL QB standards where 6-3 or taller seems to be the norm due to linemen getting so frigggin' HUGE.

Russell wilson blog

462644088 1422849569372 12999850 ver10 640 480

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The height factor has always been there for QB's since I was a kid.
RW is like a modern day Doug Flutie and your not going to see that Brady quick slant for obvious reasons.
PRich if healthy can be a great weapon on the field no doubt.

mikeak

Reaction score
Richardson was on the field for 31.9% of the offensive snaps during 2016 - maybe the coaches didn't gameplan for him and put him in the game enough................

They love Kearse for his run blocking

mrt144

Reaction score
JTB":tg01yyjt said:

If the catch rate of one of your most targeted players is poor and you see it happening over the course of the season I imagine you do two things:

1. Sub out the player more frequently and give another player more reps running the same single/only read plays to him
2. Tell the QB to not make this albatross your #1 read on any given play

I've been going over All-22 on Kearse specifically and so many of these passes were quick strikes to Kearse seemingly by design, many that were contested and not completed.

It can be hard though to change from what has worked to something different halfway through a season when the results are gruesome if only because there is latent hope its a short term fluke.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
IndyHawk":134flc0o said:
RW is like a modern day Doug Flutie and your not going to see that Brady quick slant for obvious reasons.

Flutie was a superior "classic" style QB IMO. Plus, that was a different era. Guys weren't quite so darn big on the line then. I also think if Flutie had been a few inches taller, (He is actually about an inch taller than RW - who is NOT 5-11.) he would have been an even better QB. He squeezed out about as much success as he could given his physical limitations.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-offe ... redskins-6

pcbball12

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1o3pp790 said:
IndyHawk":1o3pp790 said:

Flutie was a superior "classic" style QB IMO. Plus, that was a different era. Guys weren't quite so darn big on the line then. I also think if Flutie had been a few inches taller, (He is actually about an inch taller than RW - who is NOT 5-11.) he would have been an even better QB. He squeezed out about as much success as he could given his physical limitations.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-offe ... redskins-6
Here you go again with this nonsense. He is 5'11. The NFL combine does not skew numbers or misrepresent numbers...his height is exactly measured. This isn't the NBA where people can lie about their real height. Again, I have also met Russ. I am 5'11 and he was just as tall as me.