NEW RW practice footage. Wilson looks GREAT!!!!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
5'-9" is too short to be a leader. Now if he was measured at 5'-10 5/8" at the combine, that would be a different story. Too bad, I thought he could have been something.

Josea16

Reaction score
Seanhawk":816j5q7x said:
5'-9" is too short to be a leader. Now if he was measured at 5'-10 5/8" at the combine, that would be a different story. Too bad, I thought he could have been something.
Hehe..what? :snack:

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Five-nine isn't "too short" it just makes it more difficult for him to develop into a more competent pocket passer than say, a six-four Tom Brady.

Wilson needs that speed and when he showed up as "Chunky Wilson" last year, that speed was too diminished and injuries resulted.

Looks like he's back to speedy Russ, and that's a very-very good thing.

He'll never be Tom Brady elite, but he might just be good enough to give the last gasp of the Pete Carroll era a chance at doing something special.

GO HAWKS!

RiverDog

Reaction score
Meh. I don't get too excited watching players work out.

The Russell Wilson fat story reminds me of a quarterback from the 60's, Sonny Jurgensen, who showed up to camp one season with an obvious pot belly. As the reporters began to give him grief about it, Jurgensen's reply was

"Listen, I don't know of anyone that throws the ball with their stomach!"

Forgive me if I wait until the preseason to see how Russell or any other player performs before I start turning cartwheels.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
semiahmoo":19acrfdm said:
He'll never be Tom Brady elite, but he might just be good enough to give the last gasp of the Pete Carroll era a chance at doing something special.

GO HAWKS!

Way to take a cheap shot at the team.

Noone's buying it

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RiverDog":3rmo0cgp said:

Yeah, particularly when it's brand management footage from someone's PR flak.

It's like watching a Campbell's Soup commercial and concluding that Campbell's has gotta be the best soup out there.

No shade at all on RW obviously, just being a sourpuss about treating PR clips as meaningful. I remember two years ago when Kap's PR team was putting out off-season videos like this about all the work he was putting in (again, no shade), and after watching the PR advertising some 9ers fans convicing themselves that Kap was gonna come back as a different QB because of all the work he was putting in (shade :lol: ).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hilarious how much people are obsessed with Wilson's every move, let along his body 5 months before the season.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1vlrxz9l said:
Hilarious how much people are obsessed with Wilson's every move, let along his body 5 months before the season.

Didn't you get the memo? We're supposed to be watching Wilson's weight. If he shows up in unsatisfactory shape some of the members here are probably going to grab their twitter pitchforks and poke and prod RW on twitter until he can't take it anymore and develops a serious eating disorder.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Popeyejones":eafqfb9t said:
RiverDog":eafqfb9t said:

Yeah, particularly when it's brand management footage from someone's PR flak.

It's like watching a Campbell's Soup commercial and concluding that Campbell's has gotta be the best soup out there.

No shade at all on RW obviously, just being a sourpuss about treating PR clips as meaningful. I remember two years ago when Kap's PR team was putting out off-season videos like this about all the work he was putting in (again, no shade), and after watching the PR advertising some 9ers fans convicing themselves that Kap was gonna come back as a different QB because of all the work he was putting in (shade :lol: ).

Campbell's soup is horrible! Just awful sodium-plagued gut-rot.

If Wilson is like Campbell's soup then I take back my positive vibes.

The team is doomed.

Doomed I say...

Chapow

Reaction score
Don't worry, I'm sure people will come up with lots of other things about Wilson to complain about. Lot of drama queens up in here.

Seymour

Reaction score
Chapow":1feg6c7e said:
Don't worry, I'm sure people will come up with lots of other things about Wilson to complain about. Lot of drama queens up in here.

I'm thinking that new baby will be too short and not black enough :twisted:

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Seymour":2ahogtvd said:
Chapow":2ahogtvd said:

I'm thinking that new baby will be too short and not black enough :twisted:

That is postin' gold!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Kidding aside, Wilson does look good in that vid. Much leaner than he arrived to camp last season.

Granted, yes, it was put together by his PR team, but for now, I'll take it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And it doesn't really matter. His first interception people will be yelling how he threw it because he's married. Or too short. Or not black enough. Or too Hollywood. Or he took a vacation instead of 24/7 365 of football etc. :mrgreen:

Chapow

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2fnas7i6 said:
And it doesn't really matter. His first interception people will be yelling how he threw it because he's married. Or too short. Or not black enough. Or too Hollywood. Or he took a vacation instead of 24/7 365 of football etc. :mrgreen:

Yep. That is an absolute certainty.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
AK0D3j1.gif

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pure emotion, love it. He just was a part of one of the best late comebacks in the history of the NFL. To go to ANOTHER Super Bowl. And the way it was built as his worst game ever was funny. Sure he was off, but butterfingers Kearse was pathetic in that game. Other than the final play.
And it's not how your start, it's how you finish. Very few in the league finish like Russ.