Seattle Seahawks interested in another college b-ball player

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Highlights. Big athletic dude.
But can he catch a football or make the occasional block?

[youtube]AZy1jlXw-Ss[/youtube]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Lots of Gramama in those highlights. Theoretically someone that would have value in the read zone in particular. Natural wide bodied box player with pretty nice athleticism it looks like.

Cool find.

mrblitz

Reaction score
jurevicius-like dimensions (probably a tad taller/heavier)

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm all for this thinking outside the box but I just hope we aren't spending too much time trying to be clever at the expense of more traditional avenues of scouting.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3c81i5tj said:
I'm all for this thinking outside the box but I just hope we aren't spending too much time trying to be clever at the expense of more traditional avenues of scouting.

Agreed...

I mean the kid might be the next Antonio Gates, but the team has some bigger issues at the moment

Seafan

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":302m4s42 said:

Like scouting in person versus youtube? :stirthepot:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2olypljn said:
UK_Seahawk":2olypljn said:

Agreed...

I mean the kid might be the next Antonio Gates, but the team has some bigger issues at the moment
Yeah, because they can't multitask or anything....

mikeak

Reaction score
These signings are really cheap and what happens when you draft great athletes is that quite a few of them won't turn into good football players but you don't need a lot to work out for it to be good.

Right now we have ONE player from the 2013 draft on the roster. Lets for a moment ignore that we drafted six guys that plays for other teams.... point being is that when you go the traditional way you sometimes "hit" on one guy out of 8-10 players. That's it in a bad year.......

So if we sign four or five of these guys off the streets, don't use draft picks and one works out - guess what it is like a bad draft year with the difference that it is in ADDITION to the draft.........

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":qz2lqj6x said:
Uncle Si":qz2lqj6x said:
UK_Seahawk":qz2lqj6x said:

Agreed...

You're right. I do believe they intimated the organization is a bunch of simpletons!

Shameful...

0cf6fa5aa236cc4901d29a24c2f2947b

mrt144

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":xag0yzkz said:
Uncle Si":xag0yzkz said:
UK_Seahawk":xag0yzkz said:

Agreed...

There's a rostering opportunity cost.

Boycie

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1v1nf0j6 said:
"The Seattle Seahawks take a look at 6-foot-7 forward Mo Alie-Cox from Virginia Commonwealth University, who is scheduled for to visit the team, according to a report. (Associated Press)

6-7 250.

TE material obviously but never heard of him...

http://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/index.ssf ... ed_in.html

Cable is licking his chops for this guy!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Uncle Si":327btwbc said:
UK_Seahawk":327btwbc said:

Agreed...

Good thing teams can look at multiple players throughout the offseason, otherwise this would suck.

I'd be more worried if the FO wasn't turning over every box looking for talent.

As for Cox, he was an animal at VCU.. why not kick the tires on him?

Jville

Reaction score
ILHawkFan":9jrsy065 said:
It is reported that the Colts are signing him today 4/20/2017
Thanks for the heads up :2thumbs: [tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/855129196250705921[/tweet]

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":w9daj0ej said:
Uncle Si":w9daj0ej said:
UK_Seahawk":w9daj0ej said:

Agreed...

E-Zactly, nothing ventured nothing gained.
Likely could be a washout, but could also be that athlete that "Gets It"
Maybe we should just let another team take all the chances and reap all the rewards? :lol:
EDIT: Signed with the Colts...I rest my case. :stirthepot:

mrt144

Reaction score
I like that we have so many prospective lottery players on this forum.