Is Century Link still the loudest in the league?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
I noticed last season how the Link didn't seem as raucous/loud as previous seasons during the Carroll era. Even during those games we won. The whole stadium vibe felt a bit less than.

Anyone else who attended games regularly feel the same? Maybe Hawks fans are just getting older. I know I am!

I'm hoping 2017 sees a return to the loud and proud crowd for all the games.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Granted, we went, what 7-1 at home?

That's still dang good. It just didn't seem as loud/crazy enthusiastic in there as before. I brought a friend to one of the games and he was def. underwhelmed by the experience. He said he thought the fans would be more "intense." I hadn't thought about it before but then thought he might be right.

Maybe enough of us knew it wasn't going to be a go all the way season and subconsciously just weren't 100% into it?

More beer might help...

907Hawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":bd7bvme0 said:
I noticed last season how the Link didn't seem as raucous/loud as previous seasons during the Carroll era. Even during those games we won. The whole stadium vibe felt a bit less than.

Anyone else who attended games regularly feel the same? Maybe Hawks fans are just getting older. I know I am!

I'm hoping 2017 sees a return to the loud and proud crowd for all the games.

Why do you feel the need to spam the main board with every little thought in your brain.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
At the end of last season this guy from SportingNews put the Link at #4 overall, though, I think that ranking includes more than just volume.

I didn't realize Lambeau held so many more fans than the Link - 81,000+ !!

I still say the Link is still one of the prettiest designs in the league. Very European.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Posting actual news Rules
It was the loudest in the nfc championship game when season tix were something most people acted like , wtf do you have those for.
Probably before your time , good times man , good times.
I bought 100 party city megaphones pasted with seahawk stickers and handed em out in the club level when you could still do that sort of thing

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not to sound flippant, but I have a hard time caring about this. It's all subjective anyways.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":185vfx2a said:
Not to sound flippant, but I have a hard time caring about this. It's all subjective anyways.

Not a problem. Yes, def. observational subject. I thought of it after coming across an article about how a former Hawks running back coach said the team had lost its edge in 2016 or something to that effect and that in turn reminded me of my friend saying after I took him to a game that he thought the fans would be louder. Then last month I had a couple longtime season ticket holders tell me they weren't going to do it this season. Said it wasn't as fun as it used to be.

Sort of falls in line with the whole vibe that something was off about the team in 2016. Not that some don't feel that way of course. More power to them.

I went to all the home games but one and it did feel a bit less energized last season. My opinion of course. Just hoping 2017 feels more like 2013 and 2014. C-Link was the place to be in those days.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It it it it looks like there was a football and then there was an aligator and then then then... it it was split in half and painted with little seats put in it.

14814.0.570.359.jpg

20110820 seahawks minn 1060

Steve2222

Reaction score
Go to a game on the road to get a real test of atmosphere at NFL stadiums. I've been to Lambeau, Georgia Dome, Superdome, University of Phoenix, and Bank of America all within the past 4 years. Seahawks fans are the only one of those fan bases that stand and make noise every single defensive down for their team.

The crowd noise is fine. There wasn't many big games at CentLink last year, which we all know big games gives the crowd even more of an edge. The team also hasn't lost its edge. The Seahawks struggled last year because of their NFL history worst all time OL.

nash72

Reaction score
I went to the home opener a couple years ago against the Bears and I was a bit underwhelmed too. Everybody told me I would need ear plugs and it wasnt anywhere near close to that. It was the Bears though and we shut them out so that might have played a part. My daughter is a Bronco fan and we flew out last season to a game and Seattle was a little louder than they were (they have steel plates in the aisles so that it makes more noise when they stomp their feet,,,cheap), but not much. I've been to numerous stadiums and they are all comparable. I'd like to hit Seattle up in a playoff atmosphere someday though.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Steve2222":1ecfn8fr said:
Go to a game on the road to get a real test of atmosphere at NFL stadiums. I've been to Lambeau, Georgia Dome, Superdome, University of Phoenix, and Bank of America all within the past 4 years. Seahawks fans are the only one of those fan bases that stand and make noise every single defensive down for their team.

The crowd noise is fine. There wasn't many big games at CentLink last year, which we all know big games gives the crowd even more of an edge. The team also hasn't lost its edge. The Seahawks struggled last year because of their NFL history worst all time OL.

Well, the O-Line was a big part of it to be sure, but our D was not as fierce, our coaching haphazard (time management is still an issue) Wilson's throwing was sometimes way off (injury - related?) etc.

The whole season felt off and for me, it started with Training Camp. The team just didn't feel right then.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
KC has a lot more seats at their stadium. And in reality, who really cares? They are loud, we are loud. That whole Volume 12 thing was so corny after awhile.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
I say we take the record back in 2017!

Anyone recall, was it the Beastmode run that gave us the old "loudest ever" record?
I seem to remember that being the one, but now not so sure...

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2t8xf10a said:
KC has a lot more seats at their stadium. And in reality, who really cares? They are loud, we are loud. That whole Volume 12 thing was so corny after awhile.

What does it have - about 10k more capacity?

I always thought it was the C-Link's Euro-soccer stadium design that helped to make it so loud. (Read that somewhere)