Lynch expected to be traded

getnasty

Reaction score
According to Ian Rapport

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/852532684270317568[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/852533474431037440[/tweet]

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't think that the compensation will be much of an issue, as long as the Raiders and Lynch can come to an amicable contract, this will get done.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2anamqw5 said:
My guess is that it will be a conditional 7th round pick

Likely. Another option is the Raiders have 2 7th rounders this year, so maybe they just give us one of those.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1ovq1olg said:
SeahawksFanForever":1ovq1olg said:

Likely. Another option is the Raiders have 2 7th rounders this year, so maybe they just give us one of those.

I think a lot depends on how quickly they can get a contract done. The draft is coming up quickly, so it's possible that they don't have a contract done in time to trade a pick this year. If that's the case, it opens up a few scenarios, because not only could we trade him straight up for a pick, we could make it conditional, raising the possible value against the risk of Lynch getting hurt early and not reaching any specified goals in the trade and getting nothing.

Lots of options still available, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the deal is for a pick in the 2018 draft and not this year.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Judging by the Raiders of last year, this probably puts them in the Super Bowl this year. Lynch never had as good an O-line here as he'll have there.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
kidhawk":zdpc5ht4 said:
HawkFan72":zdpc5ht4 said:
SeahawksFanForever":zdpc5ht4 said:

I think a lot depends on how quickly they can get a contract done. The draft is coming up quickly, so it's possible that they don't have a contract done in time to trade a pick this year. If that's the case, it opens up a few scenarios, because not only could we trade him straight up for a pick, we could make it conditional, raising the possible value against the risk of Lynch getting hurt early and not reaching any specified goals in the trade and getting nothing.

Lots of options still available, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the deal is for a pick in the 2018 draft and not this year.

I think this is spot on. Unless it moves like crap through a goose in the next week, we're probably just going to be thrown a 6th or 7th round pick for 2018. I actually don't expect to get a pick for Lynch this year.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":1vbujxq0 said:

You think so? I mean, I can see that happening easily, but it being the Raiders would they be a little desperate just to have "that final piece" to their playoff puzzle and overpay for him, stock wise? 7th is the more than likely outcome, but I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle tried to squeeze a 5th Rounder out of it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2dqbdgx1 said:
SeahawksFanForever":2dqbdgx1 said:

You think so? I mean, I can see that happening easily, but it being the Raiders would they be a little desperate just to have "that final piece" to their playoff puzzle and overpay for him, stock wise? 7th is the more than likely outcome, but I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle tried to squeeze a 5th Rounder out of it.

I guess it depends on how they view him.

I've never considered this move by the Raiders and Lynch as anything more than publicity. I mean I'm sure he will play some downs but I'd hesitate to think the Raiders view him as any major part of their success.

Could be wrong though. He's Lynch.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It will be for a song, a box of Skittles and a newspaper and I'm completely okay with that.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Aros":f26xgp6v said:
It will be for a song, a box of Skittles and a newspaper and I'm completely okay with that.

Agreed. He owes us nothing.

Best of luck to Beast. Would love to see him get some more TD's.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
endzorn":3mhdkoan said:
Nothing less than two 1sts and a player.

Lol.

If we get anything, it'll be a late rounder. All we're waiting on now is the Raiders and Lynch to agree on a salary, then it's release city.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Ah, man, posting that Lynch video made me a a bit sad.

The year we were on the brink in the Link. Really good times were on their way...

White Devil

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":39afz8ig said:
MontanaHawk05":39afz8ig said:
Judging by the Raiders of last year, this probably puts them in the Super Bowl this year. Lynch never had as good an O-line here as he'll have there.

Seattle's olines were some of the better rushing lines in the NFL during Lynch's time here. They consistently had positive yards before contact, sometimes as much as 2-3 yards, which is the sign of a great run blocking team.

This ^

I wish Lynch nothing but continued success. I don't think his body will hold up for a full season. That last year with the Hawks was frustrating for him both physically and mentally I believe. Had some issues with the groin and back, add to that the failing relationship with his OC, and the year was a wash. His heart wasn't into it, imo, and it was easier to not push himself through.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
semiahmoo":4obscd9r said:
Aros":4obscd9r said:

Agreed. He owes us nothing.

Best of luck to Beast. Would love to see him get some more TD's.

I would contend that he owes us the prorated portion of his signing bonus the FO allowed him to keep when he retired (at the FO discretion of course.) Past that, I fully agree.