OverTheCap's Free Agency Review: Seattle Seahawks

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Oh man, they gave the Joekel signing an F.

Hope he proves them wrong

Seymour

Reaction score
Jerhawk":14aox1w5 said:

I hope so as well. If I was a betting man I would not bet he will. Listening to Holmgrens comments today on how they did addressing the Oline with moves made on 950.
"They added more players to the pile that pretty much do the same thing". Pretty much saying we answered questions with more questions. I trust Holmgren and his knowledge of how to build an Oline, and totally agree with his comments. This season is riding on it, so we all get to find out soon enough.

sdog1981

Reaction score
These one-year deals make it feel like they are going to do a major reshuffle after next season.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":17tzvrgx said:
Jerhawk":17tzvrgx said:

I hope so as well. If I was a betting man I would not bet he will. Listening to Holmgrens comments today on how they did addressing the Oline with moves made on 950.
"They added more players to the pile that pretty much do the same thing". Pretty much saying we answered questions with more questions. I trust Holmgren and his knowledge of how to build an Oline, and totally agree with his comments. This season is riding on it, so we all get to find out soon enough.

Yikes, that's not an encouraging remark from Holmgren. I agree, I value his evaluation of what makes a good o line. More so than Cable/Carroll

nash72

Reaction score
Jerhawk":24w0dz7u said:

We seriously overpaid for him. I cant believe we gave him 7M guaranteed.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1gf9an5g said:

Not only did they give that an "F", they went so far as to say that it was one of the worst signings in all of free agency.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3n7s9psj said:
Seymour":3n7s9psj said:
Jerhawk":3n7s9psj said:

Yikes, that's not an encouraging remark from Holmgren. I agree, I value his evaluation of what makes a good o line. More so than Cable/Carroll

Funny given Carroll's the one who won a Super Bowl (I know, I know).

Holmgren inherited half of that OL. Walter Jones and Chris Gray were already with the Seahawks when he arrived. Sean Locklear sucked.

Just sayin'.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":38p0ao5w said:
Jerhawk":38p0ao5w said:
Seymour":38p0ao5w said:
Jerhawk":38p0ao5w said:

Funny given Carroll's the one who won a Super Bowl (I know, I know).

Holmgren inherited half of that OL. Walter Jones and Chris Gray were already with the Seahawks when he arrived. Sean Locklear sucked.

Just sayin'.

Holmgren also drafted Steve Hutchinson.

And the o line didn't win the superbowl, the defense did.

IrishNW

Reaction score
I dont agree with Holmgren. I think we improved that position, 7mil is a bit high for my taste but its off the books at the end of the year.

nash72

Reaction score
WmHBonney":ovvskfka said:
Jerhawk":ovvskfka said:

Not only did they give that an "F", they went so far as to say that it was one of the worst signings in all of free agency.

I agree, but if one of us would say something similar, we'd get crucified and receive warnings.

sdog1981

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1yst6wj1 said:
Sean Locklear sucked.

Just sayin'.

The team would have given its left nut to have a tackle who "sucked" like him last year.

Just sayin......

Popeyejones

Reaction score
sdog1981":jlnvst5w said:
MontanaHawk05":jlnvst5w said:
Sean Locklear sucked.

Just sayin'.

The team would have given its left nut to have a tackle who "sucked" like him last year.

Just sayin......

Did you ever watch Joeckel play tackle on the Jags? He's closer to J'Marcus Webb than George Fant. This is before shredding his knee too.

He just looked below average at guard last year before destroying his knee and maybe he turns his career around (sincerely), but this is why people are generally down on the signing.

(As I said before, I think they overpaid but the team had extra cap room and there's no long-term committment so I'm fine with the signing -- the only downside to it is if they try to chase the tail of what they paid him and try to keep him in there for too long if he really stinks it up.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
sdog1981":1wl29chs said:
MontanaHawk05":1wl29chs said:
Sean Locklear sucked.

Just sayin'.

Just sayin......

In retrospect, maybe.

In the moment, when a player sucks, he's always the worst to ever play that position, and it couldn't possibly get worse.