Do members of Seahawks comment in and read this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I probably would.

Think about it, what if there was a very active online forum discussing your company, and specifically about how each of the employees were performing, and their value.

What do you guys think?

Seymour

Reaction score
The players keep up and read more than they will admit for the most part IMO. They are in tune to what is being said. I'm sure there are at least a few that read what is going on here. Posting in forums I would think to be far less likely. But Bevell and others could pay someone to post for him. :lol:

Boycie

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2t8jyl7l said:
I probably would.

Think about it, what if there was a very active online forum discussing your company, and specifically about how each of the employees were performing, and their value.

There are several posters over the last few years that are obviously ridiculously defensive about a player or coach to a fault.

I can think of a couple off the top of my head that are pretty blatant, but I'm guessing there are others that are better at hiding their identity.

What do you guys think?

And now the "Is Sioux Bevell?" thread has just resurfaced in the regular forum, after running it's course in the Shack. :pukeface:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm actually surprised many can read on here, let alone write.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
johnnyfever":pidvn975 said:
I probably would.

Why would you seek out criticism?

Players probably get all the unwarranted advice and criticism they need from Instagram and Twitter, why would they ever come here for more abuse.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3n6p3azq said:
johnnyfever":3n6p3azq said:
I probably would.

Why would you seek out criticism?

Players probably get all the unwarranted advice and criticism they need from Instagram and Twitter, why would they ever come here for more abuse.

I agree here. Can't see a football player being overly concerned about fan message boards. They have their social network personas to keep them informed, plus, well, the regular media

mistaowen

Reaction score
Would be cool if high profile players did. Getting perspective on controversial topics that come up here from people who live it would be very interesting.

I imagine they would quit if they ever were present in the gameday forum though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
mistaowen":36lkw1v9 said:
Would be cool if high profile players did. Getting perspective on controversial topics that come up here from people who live it would be very interesting.

I imagine they would quit if they ever were present in the gameday forum though.

I imagine their perspective on what the fan base deems controversial are mostly trivial to them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1na0my46 said:
mistaowen":1na0my46 said:

I imagine their perspective on what the fan base deems controversial are mostly trivial to them.
Yeah, I'd hope they'd have better things to do than worry about what us Joe Nobody's think. 8)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":6pi0qv61 said:
Uncle Si":6pi0qv61 said:
mistaowen":6pi0qv61 said:

Yeah, I'd hope they'd have better things to do than worry about what us Joe Nobody's think. 8)

Yea, this is exactly what Russ, Jimmy, Earl and Sherm told me over Pm's.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I highly doubt it.

They seem more into responding on Twitter and Facebook than reading a fan forum

sdog1981

Reaction score
I believe players are much more in tune with regular types of media than they will let on i.e. Twitter, TV, Radio, Print. But I don't think any of them would go directly to a fan message forum.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Back in the earlier days of Net, I was informed by a Seahawks player that he read an article I did about him (it was a supportive piece, so he appreciated it)... I asked him if he browsed .Net and he said, "yes, some of us like to lurk in there..coaches too." Don't ask, I won't name said player even though he is long retired.

I don't know if any current players do...

But come on, Anthony! HAS to be Ciara, right?? Only a spouse or a family member could be that insanely one-sided and immovable about a player. :D

PS Not picking on you Anthony! ... your passion is admirable.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Would you go to a website to see what people think about your job and how you do it even though they've never done your job even at the lowest levels?

What in the entire hell for? Would you be looking to point and laugh at people? Pity them?

I suppose you might get curious, but still...

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
When I write, record, mix and master a song, I send it out to other people first to get feedback. I send it to both professionals and non professionals, and both criticisms are equally valuable to improve my product.

I know an amateur brewer who is working to perfect a few recipes for eventual distribution. After each batch he puts a beer in the hands of a wide range of people to get feedback, again to improve his product.

True, some of the feedback I might choose to disregard, but that is true about the input I get both from pros and amateurs.

When you have the majority of fans, several other teammates, sports columnists and commentators and other NFL organizations making reference to areas of improvement, you should maybe pay attention.

Focusing on areas of largest weakness, brought to attention from feedback, can yield the biggest percentage of improvement because there is more room to improve.

If I hit 90℅ of fairways with my drives, but only make 50℅ of my 4' putts, I can lower my score much more drastically by practicing my weakest area-4'putts. If I spent 80℅ of my time practicing drives and 20℅ on putting, I am not going to realize significant improvement.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I think the term used by the team and players for media and social media is "outside noise" or something to that effect.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3dtke4hy said:
When I write, record, mix and master a song, I send it out to other people first to get feedback. I send it to both professionals and non professionals, and both criticisms are equally valuable to improve my product.

I know an amateur brewer who is working to perfect a few recipes for eventual distribution. After each batch he puts a beer in the hands of a wide range of people to get feedback, again to improve his product.

True, some of the feedback I might choose to disregard, but that is true about the input I get both from pros and amateurs.

When you have the majority of fans, several other teammates, sports columnists and commentators and other NFL organizations making reference to areas of improvement, you should maybe pay attention.

Focusing on areas of largest weakness, brought to attention from feedback, can yield the biggest percentage of improvement because there is more room to improve.

If I hit 90℅ of fairways with my drives, but only make 50℅ of my 4' putts, I can lower my score much more drastically by practicing my weakest area-4'putts. If I spent 80℅ of my time practicing drives and 20℅ on putting, I am not going to realize significant improvement.

A. you're probably teeing off with an iron.. weak.

2. what your describing is true. what people have said is that are plenty of public arenas for these athletes to receive this criticism that are probably far better then this one.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sure, in a consumer based profession.

I'm sure someone will argue that being a football player is consumer based and, while the NFL itself is, being a football lends a larger choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.