Which Game to Attend

kidhawk

Reaction score
I have two options that work for me for home games this year....I could do the home opener with the Niners or I could attend the Texans game in October. Flights are about the same cost, so my only issue is getting tickets and of course quality of game. Anyone have any input as to why either might be better than the other.

IMO the home opener is always a HUGE draw and would be a ton of fun, but of course it is also going to be a harder game to find decent priced tickets. Whereas the Texans game may not be as big of a draw, but just might be an overall better game to actually watch.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Off the top of my head, I would think that the Texans game would be a lot better. By then the team should have settled into a rhythm and be able to show what they are made of. Quality of play should be better too in my personal opinion. Heck, I may end up at that game too if I dont go south to the Zona game.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":9tamr5or said:
Off the top of my head, I would think that the Texans game would be a lot better. By then the team should have settled into a rhythm and be able to show what they are made of. Quality of play should be better too in my personal opinion. Heck, I may end up at that game too if I dont go south to the Zona game.

That's kind of what I was thinking, but I'm trying to balance that against the sheer electricity of being in the crowd during a home opener. Outside of a playoff atmosphere, the home opener is usually one of the most exciting atmospheres no matter the opponent.

Of course it may come down to which game I can get the ticket for, which puts the Texans game back in the lead for now

seahawkswin1

Reaction score
kidhawk":3uio09dq said:
Seahawkfan80":3uio09dq said:

That's kind of what I was thinking, but I'm trying to balance that against the sheer electricity of being in the crowd during a home opener. Outside of a playoff atmosphere, the home opener is usually one of the most exciting atmospheres no matter the opponent.

Of course it may come down to which game I can get the ticket for, which puts the Texans game back in the lead for now

Houston game will be electric as it should be a defensive game.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
seahawkswin1":2zust6fl said:
kidhawk":2zust6fl said:
Seahawkfan80":2zust6fl said:

Houston game will be electric as it should be a defensive game.

I've never been to a game with a lackluster crowd so this is definitely true....more points for the Texans game

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For my annual away game I am debating either the season opener in Green Bay (incredible football atmosphere) or in New York.

I haven't seen a Seahawks game in Green Bay since 1999 when Holmgren made his first trip back there as a Seahawks Head Coach. Turned out to be an awesome Seahawks victory on MNF. Still one of my favorite memories that Halloween weekend. Problem is, there isn't crap to do in Appleton or the surrounding areas.

The New York game is enticing as it would be my second trip out there in a year to see a Seahawks game in Met Life with my son (I took him to the Jets game last season), and I could see and stay with some of my closest friends in NJ.

Decisions, decisions...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Aros":32pxzo16 said:
For my annual away game I am debating either the season opener in Green Bay (incredible football atmosphere) or in New York.

I haven't seen a Seahawks game in Green Bay since 1999 when Holmgren made his first trip back there as a Seahawks Head Coach. Turned out to be an awesome Seahawks victory on MNF. Still one of my favorite memories that Halloween weekend. Problem is, there isn't crap to do in Appleton or the surrounding areas.

The New York game is enticing as it would be my second trip out there in a year to see a Seahawks game in Met Life with my son (I took him to the Jets game last season), and I could see and stay with some of my closest friends in NJ.

Decisions, decisions...

I have 3 to 4 games on the radar at the moment. As a retired radar technician/operator...this is difficult.

drcool

Reaction score
I will have to travel to NY in October some time for work. Hopefully it is around the Giants game. And very excited about the game Dec. 10th here in Jacksonville.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
drcool":1tg31k4p said:
I will have to travel to NY in October some time for work. Hopefully it is around the Giants game. And very excited about the game Dec. 10th here in Jacksonville.

Hey.......If I make the plan I want, I may have to fly into Orlando....is that a decent plan to fly into and out of Orlando as it is 2 hours away???

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Thinking about flying out to Tennessee for the game. Airfare is usually reasonable to that part of the country. And I imagine tickets to the game would be pretty cheap.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I must confess that at 2am last night i was checking out flights to NYC. Is it easy to get tickets at metlife?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I'm going to the Titan game for sure. My younger brother is a Titan fan and has never been to a game at their home stadium.

uncle fester

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2dzkba9q said:
I must confess that at 2am last night i was checking out flights to NYC. Is it easy to get tickets at metlife?

Tempting from the UK isn't it? Pretty easy to get tix. We went to the Jets game last year and there are a lot of tickets up for grabs on Stubhub and other such sites. Giants games cost more than Jets (poor Jets) but the availability is still there. Decent views from any seat in Metlife.

(PS Allow a bit of time for the train out of Manhattan to the stadium though - it's the slowest train in existence. I swear that thing does a loop of the stadium before reaching the platform)

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think I'm leaning heavily towards the Houston Game on Oct. 29th. The last question I have, I think I have answered already, but I'll take opinions anyway.....

Flex scheduling starts in week 5. The rules of flex scheduling specifically state that "Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window"....of course every game is a Sunday afternoon game if it's not on Thursday or Monday right? Or is it meaning the late games on Sunday. I've assumed any Sunday game is up for grabs. Also, the current scheduled game that week is Steelers/Lions. I'd guess that would be a big enough draw at mid season to not flex the Seahawks/Texans...what do you guys think? When I come I need to schedule flights there and back on the same day, which I can do, but if the game is delayed to the prime time slot, it could cause an issue.

Boycie

Reaction score
kidhawk":2a2jhx7l said:
I have two options that work for me for home games this year....I could do the home opener with the Niners or I could attend the Texans game in October. Flights are about the same cost, so my only issue is getting tickets and of course quality of game. Anyone have any input as to why either might be better than the other.

IMO the home opener is always a HUGE draw and would be a ton of fun, but of course it is also going to be a harder game to find decent priced tickets. Whereas the Texans game may not be as big of a draw, but just might be an overall better game to actually watch.

Texans...

I think the Sf game will be a blowout for us, and I would rather watch a more competitive game.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
kidhawk":1chos3wv said:
I think I'm leaning heavily towards the Houston Game on Oct. 29th. The last question I have, I think I have answered already, but I'll take opinions anyway.....

Flex scheduling starts in week 5. The rules of flex scheduling specifically state that "Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window"....of course every game is a Sunday afternoon game if it's not on Thursday or Monday right? Or is it meaning the late games on Sunday. I've assumed any Sunday game is up for grabs. Also, the current scheduled game that week is Steelers/Lions. I'd guess that would be a big enough draw at mid season to not flex the Seahawks/Texans...what do you guys think? When I come I need to schedule flights there and back on the same day, which I can do, but if the game is delayed to the prime time slot, it could cause an issue.

I believe Sunday afternoon games mean games that start in the 4PM ET time slot. For what it's worth, I'd suggest the Texans game as well.

I'm having the debate on which AWAY games to go to. I haven't been to any NFL stadium other than the Clink (and Kingdome - RIP) and I have a relative who works for an airline, so I'm going to try and take one or two trips to away games this season.

I'm thinking @LA and then one more between @AZ, @SF or @JAX.

pmedic920

Reaction score
The Texans game would be my choice, and it very well may be.
We are planning a wedding so I may miss my "home" game this year.
If I do get to attend one, I'm thinking that the Texans is my first choice out of the 8.

When we played them in Houston last, the game was awesome (party wasn't bad either), the Texans should show up locked n loaded. They owe us one :{)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
All games are afternoon games. I think they would try to get a game that is in the later afternoon to slide into the flex spot...but is not a guarantee.

Az game is a good one to go to. There is a great atmosphere there. SF was not too bad on new years day...but that was kinda a different situation.