D. Stanton's NFL diary: Working out for Seahawks 'Surreal'

semiahmoo

Reaction score
"I met Coach (Pete) Carroll after the position-specific drills. I shook his hand and kind of had a quick conversation with him, and it went great. It was just an instant connection. He actually had me break the huddle at the end of the workout, which was pretty cool. Coach Cable is one of the best in the business. I've known about him forever. And then obviously, I've been watching Pete Carroll coach the Seahawks for a number of years now. It's surreal. We're sitting there in the VMAC (training facility) in their team meeting room, and Pete Carroll walks down the aisle and gets up in front of us and talking like we're part of the team. That's a guy you've only seen on TV or from a distance if you go to a game."

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index ... iar_4.html

Wish the young man luck. He's already reached a level 99.9% of players never see.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This is about NFL Draft prospect Dustin Stanton. Not Drew Stanton.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I love reading stories like this - thanks for posting.

nrayorr

Reaction score
With the way Boykin is acting up I also thought it was Drew Stanton.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
iigakusei":2sloqh7k said:
I love reading stories like this - thanks for posting.

You bet. Kind of get to live through them within the context of the article.

Young guy with some size and skill hoping to make it big. Everything on the line. Meeting people he grew up seeing on TV.

The dream so close you can see it, touch it, and hope it becomes a permanent fixture of your life.

Playing ball in the NFL.

sam1313

Reaction score
Never seen him play but would love to get him on the team. NW Kid that knows football. I love guys that know what everyone on the field should be doing on any given play. That is when players can play above their physical ability level and truly elevate the play of the entire team.

toffee

Reaction score
semiahmoo":q03z0lt2 said:
"I met Coach (Pete) Carroll after the position-specific drills. I shook his hand and kind of had a quick conversation with him, and it went great. It was just an instant connection. He actually had me break the huddle at the end of the workout, which was pretty cool. Coach Cable is one of the best in the business. I've known about him forever. And then obviously, I've been watching Pete Carroll coach the Seahawks for a number of years now. It's surreal. We're sitting there in the VMAC (training facility) in their team meeting room, and Pete Carroll walks down the aisle and gets up in front of us and talking like we're part of the team. That's a guy you've only seen on TV or from a distance if you go to a game."

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index ... iar_4.html

Wish the young man luck. He's already reached a level 99.9% of players never see.

Stanton probably doesn't frequent .net

jammerhawk

Reaction score
That's b/c we all here know so much more about coaching OLines or just coaching than the Seahawks coaches do. :roll:

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2nlpe079 said:
That's b/c we all here know so much more about coaching OLines or just coaching than the Seahawks coaches do. :roll:

This is true.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":183wvxer said:
semiahmoo":183wvxer said:
jammerhawk":183wvxer said:

This is true.

....and furthermore, there are several here that will vouch for it!

Indeed...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Ask Alex Bailey, Michael Bowie, Patrick Lewis, and James Carpenter what they think of Cable. Cable hasn't ruined Dustin Stanton's career yet. He'll have a different take if that should happen.

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":23g529gq said:
Ask Alex Bailey, Michael Bowie, Patrick Lewis, and James Carpenter what they think of Cable. Cable hasn't ruined Dustin Stanton's career yet. He'll have a different take if that should happen.

Come on now, 3 of those guys couldn't keep their weight in check.

Jville

Reaction score
I recommend DVRing all Seahawks games to review what really happened. It blows most of the manufactured blame inferences out of the water.

themunn

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1u6k7xae said:

So your logic is let's look a guy on $5m APY, and 2 undrafted players, and a 7th round pick who are all still in the league. Those are guys who've had their careers ruined by Cable?

Actually, my mistake, Bailey got himself cut from the Browns after a 2 game substance-abuse suspension, but played in every other game for the Browns last year