GM John Schneider schooled by Navy SEALS

Jville

Reaction score
schneider

General manager John Schneider’s newest way to find an edge in bettering the Seahawks is not one he exactly wanted to share. “How did you know I was down there?” he said of his learning in San Diego from former Navy SEAL officers. Elaine Thompson AP

Schneider was in San Diego learning the tactics, operations and leadership experiences of SEAL Team Three, Task Unit Bruiser.

The muster’s objective for participants is simple: "Teaching them the fundamentals of combat leadership they can then apply to their business and their life so they can lead – and win."

As Babin told me Thursday from New York: "These things are simple. But they are not easy."

His assessment of Schneider?

"He’s brilliant," Babin said. "Very intelligent."

Read more here: [urltargetblank]http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/seahawks-insider-blog/article146056874.html#storylink=cpy[/urltargetblank]

GM John Schneider completes new frontier in bettering Seahawks: Learning from Navy SEALs >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/seahawks-insider-blog/article146056874.html#storylink=cpy[/urltargetblank]

sutz

Reaction score
Always looking for ways to get better. Gotta love the guy. :2thumbs:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
That's hardcore.

But I first read the headline and went, "how did Schneider get owned by SEALS?"

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I loved this article. I love Schnider. This dude puts in an endless amount of work trying to better himself and his understanding of people in order to make this team better. I hope this is a Ted Thompson situation, where John is going to be our guy for decades to come. I'm just scared that when Pete retires, John may want to go somewhere else.

This article reminded me I need to give a shout-out, a thank you, to the men and women of the Armed Forces. I don't do it nearly enough.

Edit: also RIP to my bro Randall, USMC. Unfortunately holding his memorial service today. Poor guy, just couldn't handle the emotional and physical pain of losing his legs and an arm. Love this guy. Can't imagine what he went through.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2ormkf6i said:
I loved this article. I love Schnider. This dude puts in an endless amount of work trying to better himself and his understanding of people in order to make this team better. I hope this is a Ted Thompson situation, where John is going to be our guy for decades to come. I'm just scared that when Pete retires, John may want to go somewhere else.

This article reminded me I need to give a shout-out, a thank you, to the men and women of the Armed Forces. I don't do it nearly enough.

Edit: also RIP to my bro Randall, USMC. Unfortunately holding his memorial service today. Poor guy, just couldn't handle the emotional and physical pain of losing his legs and an arm. Love this guy. Can't imagine what he went through.

The reason why I threw the rip in there was with the hopes that his brothers and sisters of the Armed Forces might send a prayer his way today. Well, not just them, everyone, but it would be extra meaningful for them to. They share a bond the rest of us don't even begin to understand, even if they have never met and are separated by generational gaps. Thank you.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The SEALs are the cutting edge of the cutting edge. I hope the LOB takes some lessons on projected force.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3h0s3uf8 said:
There's a few of those guys out there that are super motivational. Jocko Willink for example. If you don't know who he is, do yourself a favor and look him up, listen to some of his interviews. I live with a lot of pain so I struggle with motivation, and every day wake up I look at his tweets for motivation about what I need to get done. It may sound silly, but it really helps.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jockowillink/status/854283783071289344[/tweet]

I'm there with you man. Thanks for the heads up.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":m575p4cj said:
Jimjones0384":m575p4cj said:

The reason why I threw the rip in there was with the hopes that his brothers and sisters of the Armed Forces might send a prayer his way today. Well, not just them, everyone, but it would be extra meaningful for them to. They share a bond the rest of us don't even begin to understand, even if they have never met and are separated by generational gaps. Thank you.

Done.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
ivotuk":2en36aga said:
The_Z_Man":2en36aga said:
There's a few of those guys out there that are super motivational. Jocko Willink for example. If you don't know who he is, do yourself a favor and look him up, listen to some of his interviews. I live with a lot of pain so I struggle with motivation, and every day wake up I look at his tweets for motivation about what I need to get done. It may sound silly, but it really helps.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jockowillink/status/854283783071289344[/tweet]

I'm there with you man. Thanks for the heads up.

Many times I've thought about what would Jocko tell me right now? And that's what I do, (PS its 100% the harder choice everytime) :lol: