Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheGeeScott/status/855504723314491392[/tweet]

:irishdrinkers:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Particularly excited about Thomas. Hoping he's fully healed

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Maybe Sherman found that he just doesn't enjoy being away from his brothers.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Awesome news. I'm getting excited for this season. Maybe it's because I'm far enough removed from the Superbowl years, but I have no expectations for this season, I'm just hoping for a good ride. It's fun to see all these guys coming back.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is what I posted at the bottom of one of the media articles about this...

Clearly the LOB is united. Not a bad thing on first glance but I can't help but feel there's a bit of compartmentalization happening on the team. The culture is "Love Our Brothers" (the new acronym for LOB) which ultimately won them their first Super Bowl but the original acronym (Legion Of Boom) sometimes seems to overshadow the rest of the team. To me it's a bit corny and transparent that they all decide to come to the Voluntary Workouts together. How about show up in the first place, because you are a part of the team, and not because you are a 3 man show?

Sorry if it's a bit jaded but this whole fiasco has rubbed me wrong.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":38115eij said:
This is what I posted at the bottom of one of the media articles about this...

Clearly the LOB is united. Not a bad thing on first glance but I can't help but feel there's a bit of compartmentalization happening on the team. The culture is "Love Our Brothers" (the new acronym for LOB) which ultimately won them their first Super Bowl but the original acronym (Legion Of Boom) sometimes seems to overshadow the rest of the team. To me it's a bit corny and transparent that they all decide to come to the Voluntary Workouts together. How about show up in the first place, because you are a part of the team, and not because you are a 3 man show?

Sorry if it's a bit jaded but this whole fiasco has rubbed me wrong.
Everyone is welcome to their own opinion Godfather, you feel how you feel.

To me it's just a giant meh.
A mountain was made out of a molehill IMHO.
These workouts are opitional.

And lastly "Winning cures everything!" If the Hawks do what we all know they are capable of doing, this will be long forgotten. :2thumbs:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sports Hernia":u3z5hri8 said:

And lastly "Winning cures everything!" If the Hawks do what we all know they are capable of doing, this will be long forgotten. :2thumbs:

I feel ya brother but just because it's a "voluntary" workout doesn't mean there shouldn't be something to this silly offseason dance that's going on with Sherman and company. My point is, optional, voluntary, that's quite besides the point. Make no mistake, there's a message here from some of the top players on this team. Just because it's April and not August we are talking about should not change the fact that there's a kink in the armor. How much that kink f's with the team chemistry this season, well, we will soon find out.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Aros":34w4d1fq said:
Sports Hernia":34w4d1fq said:

I feel ya brother but just because it's a "voluntary" workout doesn't mean there shouldn't be something to this silly offseason dance that's going on with Sherman and company. My point is, optional, voluntary, that's quite besides the point. Make no mistake, there's a message here from some of the top players on this team. Just because it's April and not August we are talking about should not change the fact that there's a kink in the armor. How much that kink f's with the team chemistry this season, well, we will soon find out.

What message are you thinking?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IrishNW":2vm6glqw said:
Aros":2vm6glqw said:
Sports Hernia":2vm6glqw said:

I know that was addressed to me, but I think thru fiasco the team sent a message to Sherm that he needs to "stay in his lane". Sherm also sent a message (whether one agrees with it or not) that the offensive output overall was and has been unacceptable, and I doubt he's the only player on defense that feels that way. Again that's MY TAKE, and only my opinion.

@Aros, I have faith this team can handle this. They had Percy punching his fellow receivers in the eye, and another receiver allegedly having an affair with the star QB's wife during a Super Bowl run which they dominated 43-8. Maybe I'm hopelessly naive, but if they nail this draft like I think they will, the sky is the limit.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IrishNW":2rgjwgx2 said:
Aros":2rgjwgx2 said:
Sports Hernia":2rgjwgx2 said:

I know that was addressed to me, but I think thru fiasco the team sent a message to Sherm that he needs to "stay in his lane". Sherm also sent a message (whether one agrees with it or not) that the offensive output overall was and has been unacceptable, and I doubt he's the only player on defense that feels that way. Again that's MY TAKE, and only my opinion.

@Aros, I have faith this team can handle this. They had Percy punching his fellow receivers in the eye, and another receiver allegedly having an affair with the star QB's wife during a Super Bowl run which they dominated 43-8. Maybe I'm hopelessly naive, but if they nail this draft like I think they will, the sky is the limit.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
IrishNW":25k2juve said:

The message - in my opinion - is that no matter what Sherman has said or done, no matter if he's right or wrong, being a douchebag or not, his brothers are going to stand by him no matter what.

Now that is a good thing if you look at it from a compressed, singular perspective. In other words, in general and in life, those are very good traits. However, we are talking about the dynamics of a championship-caliber NFL team. In that context, I find it a bit disruptive to the entire team chemistry.

If the entire team stayed away and decided they would report Monday with Sherman, that's completely different and in line with the whole "LOB" mantra. Instead it becomes this consolidated, separated issue between the "stars" on defense which is what rubs me wrong. Again, just my opinion.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Aros":3947qyhl said:
IrishNW":3947qyhl said:

The message - in my opinion - is that no matter what Sherman has said or done, no matter if he's right or wrong, being a douchebag or not, his brothers are going to stand by him no matter what.

Now that is a good thing if you look at it from a compressed, singular perspective. In other words, in general and in life, those are very good traits. However, we are talking about the dynamics of a championship-caliber NFL team. In that context, I find it a bit disruptive to the entire team chemistry.

If the entire team stayed away and decided they would report Monday with Sherman, that's completely different and in line with the whole "LOB" mantra. Instead it becomes this consolidated, separated issue between the "stars" on defense which is what rubs me wrong. Again, just my opinion.

Fair enough. Personally I never got that vibe from this at all. IMO I don't think there is any message trying to be sent. I like to think this team and FO have a more verbal communication type relationship.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Probably not a lot to see here. My guess is that Kam might have played a part in getting him to come to camp for obvious reasons. Not that the conversation was more Seahawks based in particular, but rather just them as brothers/dudes/whatever.....and just being there to play some football.

The point is, I don't know that this has a whole lot of bearing on what happens, nor the overall team dynamic. Seems like it's blown out of proportion.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Sherman is in a pretty awkward position until at least the draft when he hopefully goes off the trade block. A couple days of voluntary workouts aren't a big deal, but it sure will be nice to have these guys back in the fray. We will see have to wait and see if the ends justified the means.

RSherman25fan

Reaction score
Really missed Earl Thomas last year in the playoffs. Hopefully the big 3 can keep it together for this year without any injuries!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":xofz3yy7 said:
Or he could just get over himself and play football. :mrgreen:

Such a simple solution, yet so many players can't get past their own ego and pride.

If you're Richard, how could you even think the grass would be greener elsewhere with no Pete who's a great player's coach.........and most importantly continuing to play with the likes of Kam and Earl, who are not only amazing safeties, but your best friends.

Makes zero sense to me why you'd ask to be traded from this situation.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, there's no way I can be convinced that any other team would be a better fit for Sherm. He has had it very well here. And very few, if ANY coaches would give him the space to be who he is etc.