Seahawk tickets on sale at 10am (dynamic pricing, though)

OP
OP
Hawkfish

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Dynamic pricing, also called real-time pricing, is an approach to setting the cost for a product or service that is highly flexible. The goal of dynamic pricing is to allow a company that sells goods or services over the Internet to adjust prices on the fly in response to market demands.

In other words, few tickets means that they will probably be $$$.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfish":y3w3m2w8 said:
Dynamic pricing, also called real-time pricing, is an approach to setting the cost for a product or service that is highly flexible. The goal of dynamic pricing is to allow a company that sells goods or services over the Internet to adjust prices on the fly in response to market demands.

In other words, few tickets means that they will probably be $$$.

Thanks for tjhe info. I googled it and ran across an article from the Times saying that dynamic pricing wasn't really doing so well last year. I did see that ticketmaster has resell tickets that price from $190 up. It'll be interesting to see what the Seahawks try to sell theirs for. I do want to be sure to get a ticket to one of two games, but I have a budget that has to include airfare as well, so I may have to wait a bit and see what happens if they are too high today

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfish":g8z7101g said:
Looks like Stub Hub better prices....

I was able to get section 123 row x for $150. Stubhub has 121 (similar) row kk starting at $230.67. Cheapest 100 level seats on stubhub were 149 (hawks nest) starting at $200 each.

I may have saved some money had I waited but I am pretty jazzed about the opportunity to get down for a game this year, so I want to get everything locked up ASAP.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I remember these seats would be sold out within minutes. Now, they're higher than secondary market.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Subzero717":vxcu9fd2 said:
I remember these seats would be sold out within minutes. Now, they're higher than secondary market.

If I remember correctly, the regular single game tickets went on sale last season in mid-summer at the face value pricing. Those are the ones that sell super fast. I wouldn't recommend this sale for locals, but to be able to plan ahead and airfare ahead will save me money in the long run. The $50 or whatever I may have saved by waiting will be made up in the long run by being able to book the airfare knowing I have the seat.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
I hope the 4 tickets blue pride members get aren't "dynamic pricing". I know they bumped up the price of the regular season leftover tickets visiting teams would give up when offered to blue pride members last year :roll:

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Dynamic pricing means the Seahawks are charging secondary prices! A few years ago they limited what the re-sellers could buy and started selling them for the same price.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":21gag8en said:
Dynamic pricing means the Seahawks are charging secondary prices! A few years ago they limited what the re-sellers could buy and started selling them for the same price.

My experience today was that some of the seats were in tune with the reselling market, some were actually more pricey while a few seemed to be better deals. I only paid about $50 more than what it would cost for a season ticket divided by 10 games. Other seats in a similar are were selling for around $100 more right now than I paid for mine this morning.

Deals are definitely not great in this round of ticket sales though, but for a guy like me who needs to plan well in advance, it was worth it

Subzero717

Reaction score
Spokane is basically correct in one sense,l. The Hawks have taken tickets back from the brokers and selling them themselves at secondary market prices. While you may find certain seats cheaper than say Stubhub, you will find some seats on Stubhub cheaper than Hawks are trying to sell them. I looked earlier yesterday and found seats in 300s in the $200s.

In any case Dynamic pricing is basically market value pricing. The secondary market somewhat dictates it. In the past every game a season ticket holder paid, $100 per seat including pre season. Now, they pay $50 for a pre season ticket and $150 for a Sunday night game. We are still paying $200 for both games they are just now dividing how we pay it differently.

peppersjap

Reaction score
The whole concept is ridiculous because we pay the same as a season ticket holder no matter what! They try to insinuate that we pay less for preseason but jack up premium games and we have to buy all so all I see is what the average price is! I enjoy my product and will continue to buy but why try to insult our intelligence????

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
peppersjap":3kehk3js said:
The whole concept is ridiculous because we pay the same as a season ticket holder no matter what! They try to insinuate that we pay less for preseason but jack up premium games and we have to buy all so all I see is what the average price is! I enjoy my product and will continue to buy but why try to insult our intelligence????

I know that question was facetious...but I can answer it. They think the average person is gullible and can be taken by the next shiny thing.

SQUIRREL......

It actually means something.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Subzero717":39k04uej said:
Spokane is basically correct in one sense,l. The Hawks have taken tickets back from the brokers and selling them themselves at secondary market prices. While you may find certain seats cheaper than say Stubhub, you will find some seats on Stubhub cheaper than Hawks are trying to sell them. I looked earlier yesterday and found seats in 300s in the $200s.

In any case Dynamic pricing is basically market value pricing. The secondary market somewhat dictates it. In the past every game a season ticket holder paid, $100 per seat including pre season. Now, they pay $50 for a pre season ticket and $150 for a Sunday night game. We are still paying $200 for both games they are just now dividing how we pay it differently.

There were definitely a lot of over-pricing in that sale. It took me quite a number of tries to find a ticket that was in an area I wanted at a price better than the secondary market. I set a limit of under $200 and the secondary market was pretty much starting at $200 (I think I saw a handful on stubhub as low as $185 for the Texans but they were way up in the nose bleeds). Anyway, it's definitely not something I'd do on a regular basis, and even though it took me a bit of work to find it, I think I did alright with my purchase. I like the section for the price and as I said earlier, the extra $50 or so over face value is worth it to allow me to plan my trip ahead and will likely save me in air fare by purchasing early, so it's really a wash. If I were local, I'd most likely not even consider this particular type of selling. Of course if I were local, I'd have done my damdest to be a STH years ago, but that's just not a viable option for me.