Advice for going watching the Hawks in Phoenix.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
I've been a hawks fan for nearly 30 years but living in Scotland have never managed to see them (or any other NFL game) live. This year I've lucked out, I am going to Arizona in November and will be there for the Seahawks game. :D . It does leave me with a few questions however.

Is it safe to wear Seahawks gear or should I go incognito and try desperately not to give the game away when we score?

Is there a section of the ground the 12s tend to congregate, it would be nice to have a few friendly faces around?

Any tips for the best way to get tickets, should I go to ticket master now, wait for the Cardinals to open up sales or buy on ticketmaster later (I don't want to leave things to late, I'd like to buy before the start of the season).

Any other tips such as the best way to get to / from the stadium.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cards fans are idiots. Their team has done very little their entire existence. But you'll be fine out there. Been to 3 games out there and other than a few F bombs thrown our way, it's pretty chill. The Stadium is incredibly overrated imo. Way too hot, and you feel like you're 3 miles from the field in many sections. Pretty cool area around the stadium though.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Excellent weather in November.
Stay in Scottsdale and figure out how to get to and from the game. There's nothing going on out by the stadium.
There's a legal scalping section in the stadium lot.
Fans are pretty chill, there will be lots of Hawk fans there.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Don't get ridden down a flight of stairs like a skateboard like that SF fan. Or maybe that was an AZ fan, but either way, that'd be my advise...

tacomahawk

Reaction score
As stated, wear your gear, Cards fans are fine, and you will be amongst many Seahawks fans. I have been there to watch games 5 times, and have never had an issue. The nosebleeds there, truly feel like nosebleeds, so try if you can afford it to sit in the lower level. As someone said earlier, their stadium I feel is very overrated, and it never really feels like a home atmosphere for their team. I go there for the weather, not really for the game, but it makes for a good excuse.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
We stayed in peoria last time. I have stayed in scottsdale and caught a ride there and a 90 dollar cab ride back. I think there is a bus from Cheeseburgers in paradise downtown near Oldtown that gets you from the game and back. I never got to it. Peoria was better as they had a seahawky bar called twin peaks only 4 blocks from the motel we were staying at. Probably be about a 25-35 dollar ride by taxi.

Wear your seahawks gear. You will be amazed at how much Blue and Green there is in the bar area outside of the stadium. Both times there, over 1/3 of the fans were blue. Visitors side is pretty well off for seahawks fans, but by the end of the third quarter, most of the fans on the other side will have left. I got pix.

Above all, have fun.

endzorn

Reaction score
I went last year and I'd say 35% of the fans were wearing Seahawks gear. It was unreal. The only drawback is that it was the most intensely boring road game I've ever been to. The pregame activity outside the stadium is subdued and lifeless outside of Seahawks chants. During the game they have some dude constantly on the Jumbotron trying to coax their fans into cheering and that is literally the only interesting thing going on other than the game itself.

I hope you have the time of your life and I hope the outcome is better than the 6-6 garbage I saw. It is easily the safest road environment you'll ever see. With the safe environment comes a complete lack of NFL atmosphere you'll find almost anywhere else.

London12

Reaction score
Good for you mate. I'm hoping to start one of these threads soon enough regarding the Giants game. Quicker flight..

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
endzorn":2l6eko7i said:
I went last year and I'd say 35% of the fans were wearing Seahawks gear. It was unreal. The only drawback is that it was the most intensely boring road game I've ever been to. The pregame activity outside the stadium is subdued and lifeless outside of Seahawks chants. During the game they have some dude constantly on the Jumbotron trying to coax their fans into cheering and that is literally the only interesting thing going on other than the game itself.

I hope you have the time of your life and I hope the outcome is better than the 6-6 garbage I saw. It is easily the safest road environment you'll ever see. With the safe environment comes a complete lack of NFL atmosphere you'll find almost anywhere else.
+1... that was my experience as well... except that I found the dude on the Jumbotron was off the charts OBNOXIOUS.

CHawk

Reaction score
Going out for the first time myself. Thanks for the information. Go Hawks!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
You won't have a problem in Hawk's gear. There is a plaza just N of the stadium...Westgate Plaza?. Walking distance to the stadium. Scottsdale is a swanky locale but pricey and about 25 miles away from Glendale, where the UofP is situated.
They sell parking passes outside of the stadium area, not at the gate.
It's all about the weather in Az. The stadium is only about 10 years old but blows in comparison to The Clink. There are no in game info boards which are things I like to be aware of during the game.
On the other hand, it offers an indoor natural turf grass that is rolled out into the sunshine, then rolled back in for game day. Very unique. The roof can be opened as well.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
I live a few miles from the stadium and have been to a few Hawks games.

I never had a problem wearing my gear. Friendly banter from Card's fans. That's all. Even the regular tailgaters are cool.

Gaining access to the stadium from any direction will be a nightmare.... my best advise would be to pay someone to drive you.

Westgate is fun to walk around... lots of places to eat, shop or people watch.

Enjoy your stay. I'm sure you will have a blast and will make some memories that will last a lifetime.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Tickets?

There is no doubt that the NFL ticket exchange or StubHub are your most secure sources. Both offer a guaranteed purchase.

Price is a gamble, depends on how the Cards are doing. If you purchase early you risk the Cards being crappy and prices going down. If you wait and they are leading the division, prices will be higher.

I'd recommend that you buy the best seats your budget will allow ON THE VISITOR's side.

Wear your gear and be proud of your team.
Stay aware of your surroundings.

You will have a blast.

chris98251

Reaction score
Make sure Arians see's you getting a Autograph from a Umpire and giving him a few bucks, will do wonders for the entertainment level game time :) .

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":3i7petxr said:
Make sure Arians see's you getting a Autograph from a Umpire and giving him a few bucks, will do wonders for the entertainment level game time :) .

Did someone say hotdog buns??? LOL

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
What they said.

I've been there several times and usually wear #25 just for effect and never have trouble. The visitors side down low is almost like being at a home game. The chant, "SEA... HAWKS," breaks out around 100 times.

All in all... good fun, and always a blast winning in hostile territory! :)

OP
OP
J

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

As far as stadium facilities are concerned I have little to compare it with, about 30 years ago I went to the Kingdome (it was summer so it was to see the Mariners) and remember it being the first time I saw a TV screen at a stadium (at that time in the UK all you had was a "big screen" which was really just an array of lights with only enough resolution to show the score). Things have moved on here but I suspect that it is nothing compared to the NFL, I haven't been to any on the new flashy stadiums in the UK.

Regarding where to sit I don't want to spend much more than $150 bucks which is just about what a nosebleed seat along the sideline will cost. from what you have said I will probably try to get lower down on the top tier for about $30 more (I can't afford the lower tier), the other alternative is the lower tier behind the end zone or in the corner, I prefer to watch soccer games from the sideline and the sideline is a more familiar view to what I am used to on TV but I could switch if you say I would be better off behind the end-zone.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I've never been to University of Phoenix Stadium, but there does seem to be a good number of seats at around the $180 mark on StubHub in Section 113 which, according to the stadium charts I've found is right near the Visiting Team's Tunnel....It's supposed to be between sections 113 and 114. That might be worth considering if that sort of thing matters to you.

I usually prefer the sideline view between the forties, but the game I'm going to this year, I have endzone seats. I have no idea if I'll like them better, worse or the same, but I'm sure I'll enjoy them, as I'm sure you'll likely enjoy yours as well no matter what you choose

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Second tier 30 to 40 yd line will work pretty well. If you have to drop to the 20-30 area...that will work too. I think our first game was at the 10-20 upper tier and the second game was at the 30 which was a lot better.

I dont prefer the endzone seating as I cant see the whole play develop then.

lukerguy

Reaction score
1/3 of the stadium will be Seahawks fans. Last time we had a TNF game in the desert it was close to 50/50. We won the game. I remember a ridiculous throw from Russell to Sidney Rice off his back foot.

You have absolutely nothing to worry from a safety perspective.

The biggest piece of advice I can give is to wait 1-3 days before the game. Prices will drop. Don't panic.

We sat 50 yard line last year for about $180 USD. Booked one day before the game.