Lynch traded!

uncle fester

Reaction score
I wish him all the best. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player install so much fear and hesitation in opponents. An absolute joy to watch.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Probably their 5th or 6th for our 7th in 2018. I'm OK with that and wish him nothing but the best.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Tacoma News Tribune is reporting the compensation will be two late round pick swaps next year.

Although delayed, the compensation will be able to be used this draft as a trade piece(s).

I'm happy for Marshawn who may get to finish his career in hometown Oakland and the deal returns something to the Hawks who did him a favour in not clawing back his unearned bonus money which they would have had the right to do.

This drama is now done and the the team can move forward.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Can't wait to see him carrying the rock again. Any other team, it would really bother me, but Oakland just feels right.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3r22qwu8 said:
The Tacoma News Tribune is reporting the compensation will be two late round pick swaps next year.

Although delayed, the compensation will be able to be used this draft as a trade piece(s).

I'm happy for Marshawn who may get to finish his career in Oakland and the deal returns something to the Hawks who did him a favour in not clawing back his unearned bonus money which they would have had the right to do.

This drama is now done and the the team can move forward.
Oh cool, so two bump ups in draft position. And good point about using that as potential leverage for this year's draft. If they see someone they like in the 5th round this year, dangle the late-round upgrades we just got and BOOM, we have our player! I like it a lot.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Looking forward to watching him to play again. That being said, I will never pull for the Raiders, EVER. So, go get a bunch of yards and lose a bunch of games Beast :irishdrinkers:

themunn

Reaction score
so what our 7th for their 6th?

If it's a swap in the same round what happens if we finish with a worse record than the Raiders?

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1zkj28rg said:
Can't wait to see him carrying the rock again. Any other team, it would really bother me, but Oakland just feels right.

Yeah, I agree. I hope it takes a little sting out of Oakland's fanbase. Oakland is one of the only other teams I can stomach watching. But, it's kind of bittersweet to me. I wish he was back in a Seahawks uniform, but it probably would never work out.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
Well we won't have to wait long to face him as we play the raiders in the fourth pre season game in Oakland. That is if they play him in that game.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I wish him all the best, but am I the only one who doesn't see this working out? I personally think he doesn't have much left. Hope I am wrong though and he goes out on a high.

Hyak

Reaction score
Glad to see it resolved. The reality is that the market for RB's is bad - especially for one over 30 and who hasn't played in a couple of years.

I am curious to see if he has much left in the tank and how he'll deal with not being the focal point of an offense.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Kind of bummed the picks aren't until 2018. Perhaps some of the compensation is conditional?

Hawknight

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":26nceepo said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802591/article/marshawn-lynch-agrees-to-raiders-deal-teams-to-trade-terms

Doesn't look like much of a trade...

Does Seattle save any money with this deal or how does that work? Was it already dead money?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Hawknight":2izc17bi said:
Hollandhawk":2izc17bi said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802591/article/marshawn-lynch-agrees-to-raiders-deal-teams-to-trade-terms

Doesn't look like much of a trade...

Does Seattle save any money with this deal or how does that work? Was it already dead money?

No.

We took the entire dead money hit last year. From a cap perspective there are no consequences.

StoneCold

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1y0cmo1q said:
This puts the Raiders in immediate Super Bowl contention.

You are assuming he comes back as the "Beast" and not the Wizards version of Jordan. :)

Hyak

Reaction score
Many forget that in 2015, Rawls was way more productive in the same offense than Lynch was. Perhaps it was the injury and not father time or lack of effort.

LolaRox

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jayglazer/status/857240485194346496[/tweet]

Here is the con't of Jay's tweet

"Lynch trade swap of 2018 picks, SEA gets OAK 5/OAK get SEA 6. Part of thinking is while Raiders still in Oakland, bring in a veryyyy popular Oakland-area dude"

Latest posts