John Schneider is hurting our team.

RW92

Reaction score
In all my years of being a football fan, playing and loving the game, I have never seen when one team
incessantly keeps trading away it's first round picks.

I can understand how you many want to package a number of picks, position yourselves for the player that others may overlook.
But someday you have to select those game changers. John thinks you can build a Super Bowl team consistently with 7th rounders. You can't build the team with high school players. Occasionally yes you do find that diamond in the rough and you look like a genius. It's not going to happen every year.

But "My Lawd" as Marshawn would have said, what happened here tonight is a complete travesty to the fans and those who follow the Seahawks. I stayed up all night for nothing. Should have gone to bed. Right now I just don't know what direction
this team is going in.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
RW92":29v92wug said:
In all my years of being a football fan, playing and loving the game, I have never seen when one team

I can understand how you many want to package a number of picks, position yourselves for the player that others may overlook.
But someday you have to select those game changers. John thinks you can build a Super Bowl team consistently with 7th rounders. You can't build the team with high school players. Occasionally yes you do find that diamond in the rough and you look like a genius. It's not going to happen every year.

But "My Lawd" as Marshawn would have said, what happened here tonight is a complete travesty to the fans and those who follow the Seahawks. I stayed up all night for nothing. Should have gone to bed. Right now I just don't know what direction
this team is going in.

He does this every year...

stang233

Reaction score
Wtf is this team doing. Foster for the taking. Throw it away for a 4th rnd pick that we will likely cut

DJrmb

Reaction score
1st round picks aren't the only place you draft "game changers". I understand it's deflating to continue to trade out of the 1st round because of how much people have built up 1st round players but we've been enjoying the greatest years in franchise history lately. Their plan clearly works...

Timmahawk

Reaction score
stang233":3lb6a7yq said:
Wtf is this team doing. Foster for the taking. Throw it away for a 4th rnd pick that we will likely cut

Fosters got red flags, might not even be on their board

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am beginning to wonder if we are bringing in Bobby Beathard as a guest GM for the draft.

Honestly, bring back the guy that the Redskins canned. I don't think it was a coincidence he helped bring some of the 49ers best players in their run aboard, then came here and we got some of our best players during our run.

Then he leaves and our magical ability to find late round gems that turn into studs suddenly vanishes.

I don't understand how a team with this many holes can think it is worthwhile to only have 1 1st round pick in 4 years.

And I certainly do not understand how a team with such a glaring need at SLB can let Foster slide past them, I think he could play Sam just fine.

I quit having expectations for this team a year ago, but it is still annoying.

Also, can anyone look at the picks we got when we traded down and see if any of them turned into reasonable players? Just curious what the rate all this trading down is converting as far as stickiness?

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
The draft is a crapshoot. The more picks you acquire, the more likely you are to find quality players. Dropping several spots to nab a few extra picks is smart. Makes for a boring draft party for Seahawks fans, but in the long run this should work out well.

IrishNW

Reaction score
I think we did great. We have 6 picks tomorrow and I would like to see us package some of the 3s for another 2

Kamcussion

Reaction score
Do we need to really go over the list of players we have that went to pro bowls drafted after the first round?

IrishNW

Reaction score
Obi, Lamp and King are all still on the board....

Wizofwest

Reaction score
We will be trading up to grab a player they want in the second. We will get two of the players this board has been clamoring for hall along.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Run the #s again. Apart from a 2-3 year stretch where we got some stellar players in the later rounds, we don't get much from the 3rd round normally.

And certainly not a lot of guys that contribute in Year 1 come from later rounds. 1st round picks sometimes make a big difference here and there, in a game or two in Year 1 - but you likely won't get that from the rd 3+ guys you get from trading back. Certainly not in Year 1.

So what are we doing?

We have glaring needs in the secondary, the OL, and at LB, if not a need for a DE we can bring in to spell our starters. Not sure the extra picks work there and the 1st round is much less a crapshoot than the 4th.

If we are shooting to package all these to get a midround 2nd, I suppose that might be worth it. But not compared to just making a wise 1st round pick. But if we are just filling with more later round picks? Not a reasonable move at all.

mistaowen

Reaction score
RW92":2phjjren said:

this team is going in.

Are you trolling? Truthfully, they make a board of players who can go top 10 and a mix of others who can go top 40.

You realize tomorrow will be second rounders right? Not....7th rounders.

kobebryant

Reaction score
It certainly would have been preferable if they would have stayed put at 26 and selected someone like Forrest Lamp, Kevin King, Budda Baker, Chidobe Awuzie, Cam Robinson, Quincy Wilson, Cordrea Tankersley, Tyus Bowser, Tim Williams, Jordan Willis, Malik McDowell, Jourdan Lewis or Obi Melifonwu.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Giving up 8 spots for a 3rd, 4th and 7th is very good however you look at it. It's even better coming from two separate trades, because it implies that they think one of their top guys is still going to be available at #2 tomorrow.

Malik McDowell, Forrest Lamp, Cam Robinson, Budda Baker, Quincy Wilson, and Kevin King are all still available. They could trade down 5 spots again tomorrow and still get a player they may have been considering at #26.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
RW92":2fej54xm said:

this team is going in.

I'm sorry, but these posts really are sort of hilarious to me. I just don't get them. We got really great value for trading back 8 spots. You act like the middle rounds are literally all a bunch of nobodies - not true. We have 6 picks in the second and third round. That is not meaningless. That isn't incessant. We are about to have a chance to LOAD UP in a draft where a ton of great talent just dripped down to the later rounds.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
There's still talent available and we pick first Friday . Kevin King is still on the board so are many others not worried, now if they trade down in the second round i'll agree because guys like King will be among the first players taken Friday.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
We had a chance to take some absolute studs and traded them away. I don't care how many later round picks we get. Who thought we had a chance at Foster or Ramczyk? We lost Foster to the NINERS. That is going to hurt for a long time.