The good news about this draft

mrt144

Reaction score
With exception of Pocic I think there's good upside in the picks. Pocic has versatility and is like Britt but my feeling is Britt flourishes at center because of the demands mesh with him more so hopefully Pocic makes a good guard and failing that can make the same transition that Unger and Britt made when contract time comes up for Britt.

nash72

Reaction score
I'm one of them. I give them a D so far. Complete miss on the Oline which is our biggest weakness and a ton of superior talent that was passed over for reaches. Terrible draft.

chet380

Reaction score
nash72":3t3wvfiy said:
I'm one of them. I give them a D so far. Complete miss on the Oline which is our biggest weakness and a ton of superior talent that was passed over for reaches. Terrible draft.
Agree on all counts -- F grade for every pick except McDowell who gets a C.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah lets judge before they even get to camp. I mean what team could compete with a majority of late round picks and UDFA players. I am sure this class will wash out and probably never even play a down in a regular season game. Thanks to all your vision I have no need to watch next season.

nash72

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1g677ltr said:
Yeah lets judge before they even get to camp. I mean what team could compete with a majority of late round picks and UDFA players. I am sure this class will wash out and probably never even play a down in a regular season game. Thanks to all your vision I have no need to watch next season.

What grade would you give the first 3 rounds? Honestly, on paper the draft looks awful. Hopefully some of the players do pan out.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Also, the good news is that we haven't even reached my favorite round--UDFagency.

It's always a blast to see them pull a gem out of the rough.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
nash72":2mlnoqaf said:
What grade would you give the first 3 rounds? Honestly, on paper the draft looks awful. Hopefully some of the players do pan out.

What makes you think you, or anyone else not associated with pro football who makes their living there could actually give a grade that was accurate? Even the pundits don't know what they're talking about when they grade the Hawks.

And nobody can realistically give one until these picks have played in the NFL.

What do you think you are, an expert in this field? Are you some kind of draft-scout savant?

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
nash72":137oxf5i said:
Year of The Hawk":137oxf5i said:

I don't try to grade the draft. I don't have a team of people trying to evaluate players like the Hawks do. I also don't like listening to the TV hacks and reading useless stats about players to make uninformed opinions about people who we know nothing about yet alone predict how they will do in the future. Maybe after 5 years you can look back and make a call but even before 1st season it is ridiculous to even try.

MrThortan

Reaction score
If I don't think about who we missed out on and just think about the guys we got, I feel pretty good about it. We got six guys out of three rounds each with their own pros and cons. We still have a high 4th and a high 6th, pic# 26 in the 6th and 2 7ths.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":338ab4yc said:
nash72":338ab4yc said:
Year of The Hawk":338ab4yc said:

I don't try to grade the draft. I don't have a team of people trying to evaluate players like the Hawks do. I also don't like listening to the TV hacks and reading useless stats about players to make uninformed opinions about people who we know nothing about yet alone predict how they will do in the future. Maybe after 5 years you can look back and make a call but even before 1st season it is ridiculous to even try.

Well said.

And it sets fans up for a huge disappointment when their own mock draft isn't followed by the FO. It's all doom and gloom from there (here?) on.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Yeah, looking at what pundits have said about our draft, definitely not glowing which is disappointing, but honestly, there are a lot of questions surrounding our picks so it's warranted to a degree, especially considering since the Hawks haven't had as strong of drafts of late. Nevertheless, yes we can question the picks and or hate them, but let's at least see these guys on the field before we dismiss them. One positive is that everyone seems to hate the Rams draft even more then ours, so there is always that.

mikeak

Reaction score
:|
Year of The Hawk":3suyu618 said:
nash72":3suyu618 said:
Year of The Hawk":3suyu618 said:

So why are we on a forum discussing the draft?

Should we all just line up and clap our hands no matter what is picked? Isn't the purpose of this place to discuss our thoughts - positive and negatives - and then see the outcome. And no matter what we come back next year and the year after that and do it all again....

Josea16

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":3g5vlpcm said:
All the pundits think we're doing horrible.

2012 all over again!
Virtually guaranteed we nailed it. As an aside we actually did nail every pick beyond that insane OL pick at
the top of the second. But remember he's good at pass protection and worked in ZBS which is rare at any level especially in the NCAA. But he played OL and has the measurables to be switched around.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
mikeak":xrbwqm9z said:
So why are we on a forum discussing the draft?

Should we all just line up and clap our hands no matter what is picked? Isn't the purpose of this place to discuss our thoughts - positive and negatives - and then see the outcome. And no matter what we come back next year and the year after that and do it all again....

There's a difference between discussing and dismissing. Saying the draft was "garbage" shows ignorance of the Hawk FO's board and priorities. It's great to discuss, but some posts are so negative, it's hard to have a discussion when everything has been dismissed from the start. Defending any pick seen as "garbage" is now an uphill battle. It quickly takes the joy out of the discussion.

But that's some people's M.O., it appears.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Idiots and blowhards assign grades immediately after a draft.

Mayock had McDowell and Pocic in his top five by position. I don't think anybody knows where the Seahawks will play Pocic.